Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I bet 1/8th nats at Toledo would have been a sellout without the TC's but hey, it's all good
Old 03-31-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default entries...

Dawn,
This has got me thinking of running two classes now... I'll just stick to 1/8...

What will be the entry limit? Any consideration to extending the qualifying by a day; and begin running lower mains on Saturday, if number of entries turns out to be higher than expected?

James
Old 03-31-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JFCJ
Dawn,
This has got me thinking of running two classes now... I'll just stick to 1/8...

What will be the entry limit? Any consideration to extending the qualifying by a day; and begin running lower mains on Saturday, if number of entries turns out to be higher than expected?

James

I personally like the idea so far. One week that I can prepare for. Even if I have to spend extra money to run both classes I save the extra flight, extra rental car, extra hotel and extra week. I understand that low turn out races dont bring the event enough money to run the event buy the trophies and pay the track. It is what it is. If each event had 80 entries it would not make sense to run a national event individually. I dont see the negatives to this.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JFCJ

James
We are looking at no more than 190. Rules say no more than 20 heats - which is pretty vague. We have to look at hours in the day and of course, something that isn't overwhelming to racers and staff to manage.

Additional day - doubtful. That would have to be announced now so people could plan and we are not willing to add anything to the schedule currently.

Also - about this change.... in no way did ROAR physically remove the event from Lincoln, Nebraska. In fact, Lincoln will more than likely have this combined event in 2010. So, really - the emails, phone calls and down right disrespectful comments coming to me personally can stop. This was a decision made for financial reasons ONLY. Financial to the hosts and to ROAR. Sucks.. yes.. but it had to happen.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
We are looking at no more than 190. Rules say no more than 20 heats - which is pretty vague. We have to look at hours in the day and of course, something that isn't overwhelming to racers and staff to manage.

Additional day - doubtful. That would have to be announced now so people could plan and we are not willing to add anything to the schedule currently.

Also - about this change.... in no way did ROAR physically remove the event from Lincoln, Nebraska. In fact, Lincoln will more than likely have this combined event in 2010. So, really - the emails, phone calls and down right disrespectful comments coming to me personally can stop. This was a decision made for financial reasons ONLY. Financial to the hosts and to ROAR. Sucks.. yes.. but it had to happen.
Any thoughts to moving it the week after labor day? I would think it would be easier for those traveling from a distance. probasbly cheaper too.

Gael
Old 03-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

I, for one don't see much of a problem at all. I see more positivies than negitives.
See you in Toledo.
Greg Esser
Old 03-31-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What Sedan classes will be eliminated if any? (masters--open)
Old 03-31-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

To anyone who has not attended a race at toledo. It's a first class facility with grip like no other track. Very fast layout and low tire wear.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Killa G
Any thoughts to moving it the week after labor day? I would think it would be easier for those traveling from a distance. probasbly cheaper too.

Gael
Unfortunately, that weekend is the original date. We are unable to keep those dates.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
What Sedan classes will be eliminated if any? (masters--open)

Sedan open and masters are eliminated in this event.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Dawn Sanchez;5623383]We are looking at no more than 190. Rules say no more than 20 heats - which is pretty vague. We have to look at hours in the day and of course, something that isn't overwhelming to racers and staff to manage.

Dawn You should Resign From Roar This Comment Alone And For Changing The Date After Already Setting It I Had Non Refundable Airline Tickets Is Roar Going To Pay For them.

I Don't Understand How You Can Schedule A National Event On The Largest Nhra Dragr racing Race Of the Season
Old 03-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Sigh..... O-Really?

Last edited by Orange; 03-31-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For all those that are being rude and disrespectful to Dawn, that needs to stop!!! I was planning on attending the Sedan Nats myself. Do I like the change, no!!! But, I can understand why it was done and hate that I can't attend now. But, sending nasty emails to Dawn and asking her to step down as president is wrong and the ones sending the stuff to her know it!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

[QUOTE=dfilo456;5623950]
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez

Dawn You should Resign From Roar This Comment Alone And For Changing The Date After Already Setting It I Had Non Refundable Airline Tickets Is Roar Going To Pay For them.

I Don't Understand How You Can Schedule A National Event On The Largest Nhra Dragr racing Race Of the Season
Dude, since when did Keith Olbermann race rc cars?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow with the Date change now more can make it as school starts the week after and Also the IIC race is the week after also so this opens up some of the top drivers that would of had to pick one or the other now they can do both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.