R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/286337-announcement-roar-road-fuel-nationals-8th-racers-toledo.html)

Dawn Sanchez 03-30-2009 03:50 PM

Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO

March 30, 2009

The ROAR President along with the ROAR Executive Committee and The 1/8th Racers of Toledo and The Midwest Racers Organization announces several changes in the nationals schedule for 2009 regarding on road fuel racing. Due to hardships and a struggling economy and considering financial concerns for both host venues and ROAR, we are obliged to combine the fuel events into one venue and choosing a date that best suits travel and vacation scheduling.

The 2009 ROAR On Road Fuel Nationals will now be held at One-Eighth Racers of Toledo in Toledo, Ohio on September 2nd through September 6th. (Labor Day Weekend) This is one week earlier than previously scheduled. Also, this event will also host the Fuel Sedan classes therefore moving the previously scheduled event from Midwest Racers Organization in Lincoln, Nebraska on October 8-11, 2009.

This event, now combined and moved to a week earlier will host 1/8th 4wd Open, 1/8th Masters and 1/10th .12 4wd Touring Car (IFMAR 200mm) in one event. As always, participation in the Open class eliminates participation in the Masters class. The entry flyer will be published within the next few weeks.

Contact information for the Toledo Racers can be found on the ROAR website.

ROAR apologizes for any inconveniences this may cause some racers with their planning. Taking everything into careful consideration, this is the only logical step we can make to insure the best outcome for the on road fuel nationals and our membership.

nitrodude 03-30-2009 04:01 PM

Any idea yet how the program is going to be runned? What I mean is, are we going to run qualifiers for all 3 classes each day, or are we going to run sedan one day, 1/8th open another day and 1/8th masters another day?

Dawn Sanchez 03-30-2009 04:05 PM

Yes. Thursday of that week is a controlled practice day of which we will run 2 and more likely 3 posted rounds per heats of 14 in sedan and 12 in 8th.

Friday will host 3 rounds of qualifying and Saturday the same. Both Sedan, 8th and Masters 8th will be in the mix. Sunday will host the mains in ladder format for those classes large enough and typical set up for smaller participated classes.

motojon 03-30-2009 04:29 PM

Is there an idea of when entries will be taken

Dawn Sanchez 03-30-2009 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by motojon (Post 5618702)
Is there an idea of when entries will be taken

within 90 days or so.... we will get the entry flyer uploaded when we receive it and at the 90 day mark we push very hard to make online registration active.

motojon 03-30-2009 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez (Post 5618729)
within 90 days or so.... we will get the entry flyer uploaded when we receive it and at the 90 day mark we push very hard to make online registration active.

Thank you

bsmooth 03-30-2009 04:57 PM

Does anyone know what the nearest airports are to fly in to?

motojon 03-30-2009 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by bsmooth (Post 5618818)
Does anyone know what the nearest airports are to fly in to?

I was told by a friend that used to live there that its beter to fly into Detroit (DTW) and drive down it app. 45-1hr drive south. Plus plane tickets are a little bit cheaper.

aturbotony 03-30-2009 05:17 PM

Are these the permanent dates? This is cool because i get to do both now! :nod::nod::nod:

Gael L 03-30-2009 05:51 PM

That sucks. I planned on making it to the sedan nats this year but the date change is no good for me. I definately understand the logic behind the date switch as it may make things better for some in todays economy but wouldn't it be better to take a poll to see what's good for the majority? Many people make plans labor day weekend.

Thanks
Gael

Dawn Sanchez 03-30-2009 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by aturbotony (Post 5618891)
Are these the permanent dates? This is cool because i get to do both now! :nod::nod::nod:

yes, these dates are firm.

And, we do regret the change and the inconveniences it causes for many people. This is in the best interest for many including both host venues, ROAR and the membership.

rangulo 03-30-2009 06:17 PM

Cool!!!

nitrodude 03-30-2009 06:39 PM

I think it should be one day of 4 qualys for sedan, another day for masters and another day for 1/8th open. And the control practice should be on the wednesday (9/2), with the mains on saturday and sunday. Just my opinion.

mcsquish 03-30-2009 08:05 PM

Toledo also has a regional airport, Toledo Express, that is about 30min away. Every once in awhile prices are cheaper. Detroit is usually better though.

Team Kamikaze 03-30-2009 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez (Post 5618556)
March 30, 2009

The ROAR President along with the ROAR Executive Committee and The 1/8th Racers of Toledo and The Midwest Racers Organization announces several changes in the nationals schedule for 2009 regarding on road fuel racing. Due to hardships and a struggling economy and considering financial concerns for both host venues and ROAR, we are obliged to combine the fuel events into one venue and choosing a date that best suits travel and vacation scheduling.

The 2009 ROAR On Road Fuel Nationals will now be held at One-Eighth Racers of Toledo in Toledo, Ohio on September 2nd through September 6th. (Labor Day Weekend) This is one week earlier than previously scheduled. Also, this event will also host the Fuel Sedan classes therefore moving the previously scheduled event from Midwest Racers Organization in Lincoln, Nebraska on October 8-11, 2009.

This event, now combined and moved to a week earlier will host 1/8th 4wd Open, 1/8th Masters and 1/10th .12 4wd Touring Car (IFMAR 200mm) in one event. As always, participation in the Open class eliminates participation in the Masters class. The entry flyer will be published within the next few weeks.

Contact information for the Toledo Racers can be found on the ROAR website.

ROAR apologizes for any inconveniences this may cause some racers with their planning. Taking everything into careful consideration, this is the only logical step we can make to insure the best outcome for the on road fuel nationals and our membership.