Old 06-16-2009, 03:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Jeff BBQ
Are yall not racing GLC or NATS?
Whats up with that??
later
Jeff E
I think a lot of guys aren't going to be going to the NATS...at least 7 from FL didn't get in.
I think that MIGHT also have some impact on the GLC attendance.....

Although, I'll need to get a quart from you.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
I think a lot of guys aren't going to be going to the NATS...at least 7 from FL didn't get in.

aquart of what?ga moonshine ha ha ha
Old 06-16-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

well we made it in .
thank you rubin and dawn you guys are the shindizzle of shindizles.
again thang your roar for lettin us slackers in to the event big tom here
Old 06-16-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Really? You might want to relook at that. http://www.roarracing.com/national_r...s.php?raceid=4

Gentlemen: We will have an announcement later today posted on the ROAR Website. Basically, we need to let you know that due to the increased entrys and the limited numbers of daylight hours to work with, we will be using Thursday afternoon of the event as a qualifying round, Saturday late afternoon we will be running some of the lower mains so we may end our weekend on Sunday befor 5:00 p.m.

We will not be returning here for the usual defense of our decisions or to answer comments. Again, we needed to make some decisions in order to do the best for all involved and we have done so.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
Ruben posted this earlier for class total's.

And this is the totals from the ROAR website...

1/8th scale Open...67

1/8th scale Masters...23

1/10th scale sedan...86

Did the entry limit's change???
Looks like something changed ? ?
Good luck to all who made it in ! No matter how you got in ??
see ya there
Jeff E
Old 06-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Really? You might want to relook at that. http://www.roarracing.com/national_r...s.php?raceid=4

Gentlemen: We will have an announcement later today posted on the ROAR Website. Basically, we need to let you know that due to the increased entrys and the limited numbers of daylight hours to work with, we will be using Thursday afternoon of the event as a qualifying round, Saturday late afternoon we will be running some of the lower mains so we may end our weekend on Sunday befor 5:00 p.m.

We will not be returning here for the usual defense of our decisions or to answer comments. Again, we needed to make some decisions in order to do the best for all involved and we have done so.
There is no defense needed. People spoke up, Roar listened, and took steps to do the best they could for the racers. That says alot for the people running Roar.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WARDO
There is no defense needed. People spoke up, Roar listened, and took steps to do the best they could for the racers. That says alot for the people running Roar.
WARDO ... we'll take that as a compliment being that we don't get them very often We may not get it right every time but we try really hard to make sure we do and when we don't we try even harder to make it right
Old 06-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by schurcr
WARDO ... we'll take that as a compliment being that we don't get them very often We may not get it right every time but we try really hard to make sure we do and when we don't we try even harder to make it right
FINE JOB!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Ward - I'll take that as an apology for the "hateful" things you stated earlier, and you know EXACTLY what I mean.... LOL Lets see if Mr. Burrows can muster up something and then my day will be complete.

(yes, I have a sarcastic side of me too.... LOL)

Regarding the above posted - we will be posting the announcement on the website shortly. We just need to verify one item with BOTH fuel nationals hosts (there is an off road side too guys... ) and we are clear to proceed with our slight change in the program.

But, yes, you can expect a Tuesday open day with this event should the host be willing to offer it.. and I am very clear in their intent to do what is best for YOU!

With that said, on to racing. There will still be a small waiting list by the way but truly guys, we historically see 15 to 20 cancellations for each event every year and there is three months to go yet. I believe those who want to race this will be able to with some patience.

As always, yours in ROAR -
Dawn
Old 06-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Not sure if people know, but the daylight is till around 7:30pm, so there is plenty of daylight. Now the qualifying is being changed, people that already planed based on the rules are possibly missing on a qualifier and/or practice. Why do we need to finish by 5pm on Sunday? For those traveling on Thursday, there is going to be problems. At least I arrive in time for qualifying and maybe a couple of hours of practice. Are these changes really needed? I know I will not get a reply and do not expect one, however as a Roar member I have an opinion, even if it is not really heard.

This will definitely be a Nationals to remember. What time will qualifiers start on Thursday?????

See you there,

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

DJ - a phone call might be something easier to explain to you your questions. As I stated, we have no intention of creating any drama with responses on this site.

Dawn
Old 06-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ward - I'll take that as an apology for the "hateful" things you stated earlier, and you know EXACTLY what I mean.... LOL Lets see if Mr. Burrows can muster up something and then my day will be complete.

(yes, I have a sarcastic side of me too.... LOL)

Regarding the above posted - we will be posting the announcement on the website shortly. We just need to verify one item with BOTH fuel nationals hosts (there is an off road side too guys... ) and we are clear to proceed with our slight change in the program.

But, yes, you can expect a Tuesday open day with this event should the host be willing to offer it.. and I am very clear in their intent to do what is best for YOU!

With that said, on to racing. There will still be a small waiting list by the way but truly guys, we historically see 15 to 20 cancellations for each event every year and there is three months to go yet. I believe those who want to race this will be able to with some patience.

As always, yours in ROAR -
Dawn
Dawn, can I complete your day? Although my words are not as elegant as others, I am SORRY.

Thank you for the excellent job that has been done in getting this taken care of. This has changed my view of you and ROAR as an organization. As unexpected as this has came, I guess now, I have a crow dinner to eat as I will not be attending. After it was a CLOSE OUT, I told my wife that I didn't get in, so I told her to make plans that I would do whatever she wanted to. She did and that weekend we will be spending time together as a family. At this point, do I disappoint her, go to the race and show here who wears the pants in the family? Or do I stick to my word with her? I think family will come first this time. Thank you again for two things: First, taking the time to put up with all of our BS and still doing what it took to make this happen for so many racers. The second, is to point out what is more important....Racing or Family.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

The second, is to point out what is more important....Racing or Family.

No question. Family.

And, thank you Mr. Burrows.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default racing

Hello Dawn:

I was looking on the new updated list. Charllie williams signed up and sent his payment via paypal. He is a current roar member but when the latest racers on the waiting list were updated, he wasn't. Please Help?

Thank You,

Taurean B
Old 06-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Dawn, Ruben

Job well done. See you at the race.
Greg Esser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.