Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shepherd Velox V10

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wingracer
Take your time guys. I would rather wait a couple extra months for a car with no bugs than get it now and have it fall apart. Anyone remember when the MRX3 first came out? Great car but the body mount and front uprights would break if you looked at them too hard. They fixed it quickly but it would have been nice to delay the car a couple weeks to get it right from the start.
What about Serpent 733 and their fuel tank
Old 08-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by batto
Do we not want the V10 to be right when it comes on to the market ? I think the longer it takes the better the end product. Remember it has to be competitive against some extremely good cars that have come before it. If its release is delayed I see this as a positive as it will be that much closer to being a complete package. Part of the enjoyment is the waiting , Its all just my opinion and I am happy to wait and not to read any thing sinister in to any possible delay if any. Good luck to Shepherd.
R , Noel
This is what I said way back in the thread, Still stands true.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hello Everyone,

I too am trying to catch up from the WC in Lostallo. I can tell you this though, we are much better prepared for the ROAR Nationals next week than we were for the GLC earlier in the month. I have a little work to do but I will get some pictures posted of my car for this Sunday's test in Toledo!! I'll try to post those tommorow. Everything is looking quite good for the race and with Alex coming along for additional support I am sure it will be a fun week!!

More soon!

Later,

Josh
Good luck to you, Brian Thomas and the rest of the team at the Nats.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Grate I can't wait the news and hope for the best
Old 09-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congrats to Josh on the 2nd place finish at the nats with the V10. Big thanks to Josh and Alex for letting me run one of the extra cars Alex brought from Germany. BT ran the other car and had some bad luck in qualifying which put him in the 1/4 final.

I missed the first round due to the boxes getting lost on their way here. I finished the car Thurs. afternoon and threw it on the track for qualifying with no practice! It was much easier to drive and MUCH faster than my previous car. I only wish I had more time with it to improve my qualifying results. I started in the semi final and was running 4th early but had two flame outs that moved me down to 8th with less than 10 mins to go.

Josh is getting ready for the IIC electric race today so he's swamped but I'm sure he'll be on soon to update everyone. I think everyone will be pleased when the cars get here. Thanks again to Josh, Alex, BT, and the whole Shepherd team for the chance to run the car.

Rick

Last edited by Rick Vessell; 09-08-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

This weekend in Türkheim Germany there will be a 1/10 200mm scale national Championship race. The attenders for Team Shepherd with Velox V10:

Schäfer Patrick
Kunz Sebastian
Dankel Eric

http://www.mcc-tuerkheim.de/index.html

http://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=com&dId[E]=2398
http://www.myrcm.ch/de/mcct/11092009...SCA/index.html

Good luck guys
Old 09-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default Congratulations

I would just like to echo JonnySocko in congratulating Josh on a very respectable 2nd place, Against the other proven and very good cars already on the market I think this is a great result. Congratulations to Shepherd as well.(They must be close now)
Old 09-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

congrats to josh cyrul on his 2nd place finish. i am also looking foward to owning a v10. any idea when the finished product will be out, the reason i ask is because i have alot of serpent 720 parts and car i would like to start selling....
Old 09-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ceaz
congrats to josh cyrul on his 2nd place finish. i am also looking foward to owning a v10. any idea when the finished product will be out, the reason i ask is because i have alot of serpent 720 parts and car i would like to start selling....
After this weekend we will hopefully know more when e German nats are over
Old 09-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi there,
after some days of traveling all around, including some lost suitcases, a small flight delay back home of 5 hours and the jetlag i am now back from Türkheim, host of the 2009 german championships.
Also i like to thank Josh for the 2nd place at the US, i also like to thank Rick and BT for starting with the V10 at the US without any practice.
Thanks guys for a funny week, it was really intrsting for me !!
Back from the germans we hve more informations about the car, we only had two cars running with Patrick and Sebastian. Both cars were pretty good, Sebastian was a little underpowered, and Patrick was fighting a little bit with the 1:8 driving style !! After a long 100% 1:8 season it was not easy to switch to 1:10. At the end it was OK, but we started the semi with to big tyres and had some problems with traction roll.

For today i will stop cause i need to go to bed now !!!

I will let you know more the next days !!

Alex
Old 09-14-2009, 02:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hello,

We can hardly await the release of the car … so how satisfied are you with the results in the US and German Championship? As I saw from the pictures the car is partly still a prototype. This lets me assume that you are not near a release date!? Realistically speaking the car will be out ‘’next year’’ in other words in Europe we will be able to drive it in the next season! Isn’t that so?

Best wishes
Old 09-14-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coupe
Hi there,
after some days of traveling all around, including some lost suitcases, a small flight delay back home of 5 hours and the jetlag i am now back from Türkheim, host of the 2009 german championships.
Also i like to thank Josh for the 2nd place at the US, i also like to thank Rick and BT for starting with the V10 at the US without any practice.
Thanks guys for a funny week, it was really intrsting for me !!
Back from the germans we hve more informations about the car, we only had two cars running with Patrick and Sebastian. Both cars were pretty good, Sebastian was a little underpowered, and Patrick was fighting a little bit with the 1:8 driving style !! After a long 100% 1:8 season it was not easy to switch to 1:10. At the end it was OK, but we started the semi with to big tyres and had some problems with traction roll.

For today i will stop cause i need to go to bed now !!!

I will let you know more the next days !!

Alex
Good to hear you made it home safe and survived all the travel. I'm glad you enjoyed your week here with us 'crazy americans'. Now, get some sleep!!

Rick
Old 09-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys,

@jonny i am back home to german beer !!! ;-)

We are completely finished with the car, and the pictures you saw are different to the actual status. In the US and also at the germans we used all the final parts except the fuel tank at Sebastians and Jonnys car.
All other parts are our own parts.

The results at the US and the German National are really good. You need to remember that the car is not released until now and we are always fighting with 2-4 cars at the race !!! So we have to learn some small different things where our car works different compared to the others, so you can not use many informations from other drivers.

For the release date...honestly we changed some small items, we had a delay at some parts, but now all looks really pretty good.
So the car will not be released "next year", we will release it as soon as possible and as soon as we are satisfied with our product. So after the two races we are really satisfied, so there are just some more days you have to wait as we need to assemble the kits. I will not write a fixed date cause sometimes there are things we do not have an influence on.

But believe me it is worth every day of waiting.

So stay tuned, i will let you now if something happens !!!

Alex
Old 09-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by coupe
So the car will not be released "next year", we will release it as soon as possible and as soon as we are satisfied with our product.
I didn't mean next year literally but the outdoor races and Championships finish end of September or beginning of October in Europe! So there are very few opportunities to drive the car this season!

But it doesn't matter the guys in Australia will be happy since the summer there will begin soon...

Regards
Old 09-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

But it doesn't matter the guys in Australia will be happy since the summer there will begin soon...

You got this part right Geberit, We will race up to the begining of December and then have a short break and restart in January. We have our national titles begining in 3 weeks, it was just a bit unlucky that we could not run the V10 there. Good things come to those who wait as the saying goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.