Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ammdrew
okay if you want to make your tires smaller do it with a file from the side.. I have seen many xacto knife grab and go for a flight I would hate to see one of you most carefull rc racers lose sight in one eye because you were trueing a mm of tire width off.. yes you may have done it a hundred times but that one grab were the blade flies out of a 5000 rpm motor and hits you in the eye is the only one that matter, a rough grit file will quickly bing in the sides of your tires... with no ill effects to you your buddy or anyone...
True ture
Thanks for the info, and concern!
Old 12-01-2003, 04:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi everyone! when is the 710 gonna be available does anybody here have one already? seems like a lot of people ditched the r40 thread when news of the 710 came about
Old 12-01-2003, 04:49 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

okay here is how it works to get even tire wear you will end up at 2- 3 deg camber and rear 2 deg front camber.... regardless of the track ... just what ends up working... you can try and analize it to death and experiment around all you like but you will just end up there... not to be harsh but that is were tire wear becomes more even and the car performs best... you also will find that you do tear chunks out of your rear tires often at 3 deg rear camber... also try 4 deg rear toe.. this will create a very stable car that jumps out of the corners, especially if you have corners that require you to piviot the car....
Old 12-01-2003, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Question for the Serpent Team,

Is the 2 speed shaft on the S710 the same or interchangable with the 705 and vice versa? I had someone lighten my 705 2-speedshaft. So, I am hoping that I can use it on the S710.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by 29TC
Question for the Serpent Team,

Is the 2 speed shaft on the S710 the same or interchangable with the 705 and vice versa? I had someone lighten my 705 2-speedshaft. So, I am hoping that I can use it on the S710.

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately for you, it's a new shaft. The 710 is very close to the legal weight so there is no real need for a lighter shaft. The effect of a hollow shaft on rotating mass is close to none as the material removed is in the center of the rotation.

Julius

Last edited by Julius; 12-01-2003 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ammdrew
okay here is how it works to get even tire wear you will end up at 2- 3 deg camber and rear 2 deg front camber.... regardless of the track ... just what ends up working... you can try and analize it to death and experiment around all you like but you will just end up there... not to be harsh but that is were tire wear becomes more even and the car performs best... you also will find that you do tear chunks out of your rear tires often at 3 deg rear camber... also try 4 deg rear toe.. this will create a very stable car that jumps out of the corners, especially if you have corners that require you to piviot the car....
Thanks!! I'll try it on the next outing!
Old 12-01-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by chambalero
Hi everyone! when is the 710 gonna be available does anybody here have one already? seems like a lot of people ditched the r40 thread when news of the 710 came about
That is what I really want to hear....ppl selling their R40 dirt cheap so I can pick one up for the HPI challenge........then the rest of the "REAL RACE"...........definitely use the 710.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by lawndoggie
Hmm so the amount of chamber angle is highly in related to the amount of corners then!? Because say if the track is dead straight 90% of the time, there won't be even turns to give the outside of the tire pressure, and the wear won't be even....?
i.e the more turns, the more chamber angle??
Sort of, but it really does depend more on how the corners are... Short hairpins will (Fredriks theory) not require as much camber (for tire wear purposes) as long on-power sweepers will. Anyway, The numbers Ammdrew posted are very close to what you always end up with. Start there and fine tune to your track....
Old 12-01-2003, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by lawndoggie
They might take one or two days off...
Let me know if anyone wants me to get it for them.
I won't charge extra, so 360USD plus whatever shipping, probably 40USD for shipping...
You might ask why would I do that? Not charging extra? Well I am new to nitro, and have been crashing a lot.. so the more I buy from the store, the more they'll remember me and hopefully give me discount on parts someday!
HSC "Lam Sir" gave me discount when I was in HK last summer, then I ordered my 3PK, 3 Nova Rossi engines and such and have him to ship to Chicago for me.......nice guy, and very knowledgalbe in Serpent car (even though they were running NTC3 most of the time...but I am sure 710 will made them JUMP the boat back to the Serpent Camp again...)
Old 12-01-2003, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: 710 & Lola!

Originally posted by S710_Nut
Guys,

All this talk on Lola bodies... Whats the go on Lola Bodies and 710? I read on the FAQ page you could do it, but will it be an aftermarket option or an option in the kit?
When ppl refered to LOLA conversion, that means the GTP rear floating mounting system as well........not just the LOLA body, the shell itself does not do the magic, you have to use the rear floaing device to complete the whole operation.

However, the new 710 rear upright does not have the mounting position for the existing GTP conversion........if Serpent is going to make one, that will be either a NEW GTP conversion kit, or a NEW rear upright....

I am not sure Serpent will do it or not, since running LOLA right now is still illegal for ROAR and most of the race. Beside, I found the LOLA conversion have about 1-1.5 second advantage over typical Touring car body.......that is an unfair advantage if someone is able to run LOLA but you could not.

Personally, I would like to pick up a dirt cheap Impulse PRO or 705 and do the LOLA conversion.........so that if there is a outlaw race, I can use that instead of the 710.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
HSC "Lam Sir" gave me discount when I was in HK last summer, then I ordered my 3PK, 3 Nova Rossi engines and such and have him to ship to Chicago for me.......nice guy, and very knowledgalbe in Serpent car (even though they were running NTC3 most of the time...but I am sure 710 will made them JUMP the boat back to the Serpent Camp again...)
YEs Lam sir is kool, his assistants are crap though...
Old 12-01-2003, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: 710 & Lola!

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Personally, I would like to pick up a dirt cheap Impulse PRO or 705 and do the LOLA conversion.........so that if there is a outlaw race, I can use that instead of the 710.
Do that, and then put a BIG eninge in it and we could have ourselves a new racing class....
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-superimpsidesmall.jpg  
Old 12-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

with body
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-superimp1small.jpg  
Old 12-01-2003, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Still is the fastest 200 mm car I have ever tried... Of course the pitstops every 3 minutes slows you down...
Old 12-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö

Was'nt it 92 MP/H you got it to run at an airfield?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.