Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Rubber tire set up

Does anyone have a good rubber tire set up for the 710? I am going to a track out of town and they only run rubber tires.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 06-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Eddie M
Hey Glenn,
You should try lower the front top arm holder. That will increase the camber gain and improve traction in the corner. Take off your front roll bar! Try to use less toe in the rear too and use red sprints.
Hi Eddie,
If I lower the front top arm holder, won't that raise my front roll center and give less front traction? I am nervous about not running a front rollbar, but I guess if I made the other front roll adjustment, the front should not roll as much. Thanks, I will try all this stuff.

Originally posted by Eddie M
I was having the similar problem but I improve it by what I said above. I am running 1 degree toe-in in the rear. I also use 42 all around all day. I think this setup will work better with 40 front and 42 rear as the car still push a little more then I like. Beside, 40 42 combo will make the tires wear more even.
Harder rear tires... hehehe. That is so unlike what I am used to running on a sedan. But I will give it a try too.
Thanks for the advise!
Old 06-17-2004, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Need help with setup - car pushes

Originally posted by YBSLOW
If you haven't tried it yet try running your front diff really loose, but not slipping or it will push severly on throttle as well as running the rear diff a little tighter than the front will help the car rotate on small tracks. You nay also want to run a different body.
I tried a saleen at a non sactioned race and it pushed really bad as well. If you are not running sedan put a lola on it, it will turn then. 37 Fronts will usually give you the off throttle steering your looking for as well.
Just a cuople of things to try if you haven' t allredy.

Brad

Hi Brad,
I have tried running the front diff looser, but it made such a minor difference on the car's performance, I think I have to pursue other areas. I will be changing from my McLaren body, since I am having a bit of a problem with engine heat and also the massive body overhang (front tucks under on occasion). We are not allowed to run Lola bodies, unfortunately... they were banned from our club last year.

Thanks for the ideas!
Old 06-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: ATTENTION: TRACTION ROLL...Help!Help!

Originally posted by kumpol

Here is the picture of the track that "PROFICAR" mentioned. There are around 5 or more 710s racing every week. I haven't seen anyone has a problem with traction roll. We all have the front one-ways locked....we drive very hard.....even harder for PROFICAR (16.7s laptime).....he is one of the fastest guys at our track.....
I also copy his setups and.....my 710 getting faster and faster....
where is this track kumpol? Looks technically challenging!
Old 06-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ATTENTION: TRACTION ROLL...Help!Help!

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Kennesaw, GA
Old 06-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Wap
Tech Adept

Default Re: Tires for sale

Originally posted by GlennCauley
Hi all,

I have to liquidate a bunch of foam sedan tires (for my S710), and I wanted to know if anyone here is interested.

Please see the For Sale forum on RCtech.net. E-mail me if you are interested.
did u sell those tires, if not i will all of them. let me know. wap
Old 06-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by GlennCauley
Below is the setup I am currently running on a relatively short, technical track. The car has push into and through corners, but comes out very well.

I would like to get some advise on things to try to get more steering at corner entry and mid-corner.
At the bottom are a few things that I am considering changing to improve steering.

Harder rear tires... hehehe. That is so unlike what I am used to running on a sedan. But I will give it a try too.
Thanks for the advise!
That's what I thought, until I finally tried it and got a second faster. You also get the luxury of even tire wear. No more truing just the fronts. I was actually disappointed in the car until I tried 37F/40R, now I love it!

Also, don't be nervous about losing the front roll bar, either. That is another change that I have gotten positive results from.

Another change that works well is standing up the front shocks. It does very well in making the car turn in more aggressively.

Also, try moving from reds to yellows in the rear as a means to free the car up by keeping the weight in the center. I find that it helps in rotation and in turn in. I actually got better turn in running identical springs front/rear rather than stiffer in the back.

I run a narrow front track width, but as a change it did not seem to make much of a difference.

Have you tried the locked front axle?
Old 06-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Short track setups

Originally posted by kreidel
Thanks Proficar, is this the setup you use at TFB? I am going to be in Kennesaw the 2nd weekend in July and I am bringing my gear so hopefully the weather is nice and I can run with you guys.
Yes, that is the setup I have been using at TFB in Kennesaw. I have run fastest without the front roll bar, but that sometimes makes the car unpredictable in lower traction.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ATTENTION: TRACTION ROLL...Help!Help!

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
~I love it!
Old 06-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: ATTENTION: TRACTION ROLL...Help!Help!

Originally posted by mariochi
THank You PROFICAR BUT.....
I have already tried your setup with 37front and 40 rear and yellow spring all around.....
The results is that the car roll-over after5-10 minutes of race (instead of after 20 minuts of race)..
....If you drive "HARD" YOUR CAR YOU WILL ROLL OVER

No ... it is quite true...
I have tried 37fr /40rear but I didn't tried yellow spring togheter....

It works on a Small technical well gripped TRuck???
Or it makes the car too glued to track and low to react (sluggish)????
Your setup just looks too stiff...blue/red with 50w.

Try running the same tires you run now (40/40), but change your shocks back to stock...with the 30W oil and yellow springs with 3 or 4 open holes front and rear. It does not make the car sluggish, that's for sure.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by kumpol

Here is the picture of the track that "PROFICAR" mentioned. There are around 5 or more 710s racing every week. I haven't seen anyone has a problem with traction roll. We all have the front one-ways locked....we drive very hard.....even harder for PROFICAR (16.7s laptime).....he is one of the fastest guys at our track.....
I also copy his setups and.....my 710 getting faster and faster....
I'll have to start slowing you down pretty soon !
Old 06-17-2004, 02:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Julius
I saw on your setup that you run the DRS in the up position. You may want to try the lower position. That might create a little more rear grip in the second part of the corner.

Did you try the front shocks more vertical?

It is important to find out if just before rolling the rear slides or that the car just rolls because of too much side grip.

NO . THE REAR DOESN'T SLIDES......
SO.....WHAT DOES IT MEAN????????????????????????
Please tell me

P.S.front shock more vertical is IMPOSSIBLE WITH LOLA body and Lolashocktower.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Picard
I aggree with you mario, I have found that I have too much grip at the moment and it it washing away speed through the corners of my track.

I am trying a few different things this weekend (Higher shore tyres and different roll centres)
TODAY I HAVE TRIED yellow sping all around . The car is incostant in lap time and it is , at the same time , too attached to the ground and not well predictable when you push it to the limit....
Old 06-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Proficar403
Your setup just looks too stiff...blue/red with 50w.

Try running the same tires you run now (40/40), but change your shocks back to stock...with the 30W oil and yellow springs with 3 or 4 open holes front and rear. It does not make the car sluggish, that's for sure.
i have tried 3 hours ago:
it is :
SLUGGISH
YES IT IS FOR ME.

SO :
i will add 42 shore all around or...
I will retry red spring all around
Old 06-17-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Short track setups

Originally posted by Proficar403
I have run fastest without the front roll bar, but that sometimes makes the car unpredictable in lower traction.
Agreed. For me, without the front sway bar makes the front end dive too much at medium cornering speeds on slightly larger tracks. But with a front solid, I have had very good experience without front sway bar on smaller technical tracks. On larger tracks, I put it on at flat setting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.