R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2004, 09:46 PM   #12616
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

D... I just realize that you said you use Futaba but advertising KO as your signatures.. I guess that`s what I thought you were using. Or do I get confused again
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:49 PM   #12617
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: 705 CVD's on 710?

Quote:
Originally posted by Brightbluehaze
My buddy says the outdrive has 4 slots in it as opposed to the normal 2 that the kit comes with?
I would not know about how the CVDs are constructed but for the normal dogbones that the kit uses, it comes with outdrives with 2 slots front and rear.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=250

The optional Hudy ones (stronger) are 4 slotted and can be used for the front and rear of the 710.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=249
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:52 PM   #12618
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
D... I just realize that you said you use Futaba but advertising KO as your signatures.. I guess that`s what I thought you were using. Or do I get confused again
Don't believe what you see.

I use Futaba. KO in my sig is just to disturb someone else I know. Anyway KO gears are very good. I like their servos especially. Given the opportunity to start again, I would not mind getting the Helios.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:54 PM   #12619
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigH
Would really like a 710 to put the smack down and dethone the mtx3 of the track records.
Good luck racing !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:04 PM   #12620
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Roll Center position question

Quote:
Originally posted by kreidel
Look at the setup Poalo gave for Kissimmee regional and maybe you can explain what the rear positioning is?
Sorry. Forgot about this reply.

Roll-center position upper: low inner (UBI)
Roll-center position lower: low (LB)

That would be stock out of the box setting.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:05 PM   #12621
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by FW05R
no the novamega would not be legal at my race track but its only a 20 dollar difference from the tsr12 and the novamega if the novamega is a better engine why not?
If I were you and if that were the case, I would go with the NovaMega. But that's just me because we run outlaw.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:05 PM   #12622
Tech Master
 
FW-05RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,384
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigH
Bought a Pro4 instead. Decided I would only run electric this year. But after the parts problems HPI has.The Pro4 is going to be sold and Im buying a Xray or 710. Have to see how the finances go. We have one guy here in KC that has a 710,every one else has MTX3s. Would really like a 710 to put the smack down and dethone the mtx3 of the track records.
I use to own an mtx-3 and I would never wish anything but the best for that car but there is something about the 710 that got my attention

good luck
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:28 PM   #12623
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 34
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 705 CVD's on 710?

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I would not know about how the CVDs are constructed but for the normal dogbones that the kit uses, it comes with outdrives with 2 slots front and rear.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=250

The optional Hudy ones (stronger) are 4 slotted and can be used for the front and rear of the 710.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=249
I do believe they were prototypes. I took apart the other side of the car and the other outdrive looks to be Hudy springsteel (Brownish in color) however the outdrives do not have the holes drilled for the pins that lock the front oneway making it a solid axle. I assume the Hudy ones would have these holes?

Now I am wondering should I just go with the 3racing CVD's for now or should I go back to good old dogbones?

Is there anything detrimental about going with 3racing ones?
Brightbluehaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:42 PM   #12624
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 783
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 705 CVD's on 710?

Quote:
Originally posted by Brightbluehaze
Now I am wondering should I just go with the 3racing CVD's for now or should I go back to good old dogbones?
Go Dogbone !.. Go..
Simply no maintenance.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 11:02 PM   #12625
Tech Master
 
FW-05RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,384
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
If I were you and if that were the case, I would go with the NovaMega. But that's just me because we run outlaw.
yah thats what im buying and also the novamega one piece pipe
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 11:54 PM   #12626
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by FW05R
but there is something about the 710 that got my attention
Perhaps it's the dark side ! Hey, why isn't the FW05R a choice?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 11:57 PM   #12627
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 705 CVD's on 710?

Quote:
Originally posted by Brightbluehaze
I took apart the other side of the car and the other outdrive looks to be Hudy springsteel (Brownish in color) however the outdrives do not have the holes drilled for the pins that lock the front oneway making it a solid axle. I assume the Hudy ones would have these holes?
Are you referring to the original oneway outdrives with the hole for the solid axle pin?

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=3362

I think the reason why the outdrives do not have holes is because the original owner changed them. If they are 4 slotted, brown in colour, my bet is they are the 808222 ones for the Impact / 835 option.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=369

These outdrives are lighter and of course does not have holes on the shaft for the front solid axle conversion. Either you drill them yourself or use the original 710 ones back if you want to use the solid front axle conversion.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:07 AM   #12628
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 34
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 705 CVD's on 710?

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Are you referring to the original oneway outdrives with the hole for the solid axle pin?

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=3362

I think the reason why the outdrives do not have holes is because the original owner changed them. If they are 4 slotted, brown in colour, my bet is they are the 808222 ones for the Impact / 835 option.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=369

These outdrives are lighter and of course does not have holes on the shaft for the front solid axle conversion. Either you drill them yourself or use the original 710 ones back if you want to use the solid front axle conversion.
LOL you are a wealth of information D, Those are exactly the outdrives that are installed on the car. I was digging through the parts I got with it and put the old dogbones along with original outdrives and axles back on the car.

I dont see any way these dogbones could come out at 199mm front trackwidth so I suppose I will just run the car this way for now and if I have a problem I will order the 3racing universals.

Thanks once again for the assistance.

One more question what would be the best starting point for getting rid of a highspeed on power push with the car? Off power is perfect, low speed on power is a bit loose (mainly because of tirespin) but highspeed through the sweeper it is very hard to get back on the throttle without some pretty drastic pushing!

I switched to red springs all around which helped somewhat then went to red fronts and the pink xray rears hat came with the car and this helped even more but the push is still very evident when getting back on throttle through the sweeper.
Brightbluehaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:12 AM   #12629
Tech Master
 
FW-05RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,384
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Perhaps it's the dark side ! Hey, why isn't the FW05R a choice?
I love the FW05R master D but my local hobby shop doesn't carry the one I wanted 31582 kit so I decided to go to the next best thing And what can I say I fell in love with this car once I started building it
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:25 AM   #12630
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by FW05R
And what can I say I fell in love with this car once I started building it
Nice Next I think you would say that this is the easist car to maintain also. In case you notice, you could clean all pulleys with toohbrush without the need to take off anything from the car.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:03 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net