Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 08:46 PM

D... I just realize that you said you use Futaba but advertising KO as your signatures.. I guess that`s what I thought you were using. Or do I get confused again
Old 06-16-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: 705 CVD's on 710?

Originally posted by Brightbluehaze
My buddy says the outdrive has 4 slots in it as opposed to the normal 2 that the kit comes with?
I would not know about how the CVDs are constructed but for the normal dogbones that the kit uses, it comes with outdrives with 2 slots front and rear.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=250

The optional Hudy ones (stronger) are 4 slotted and can be used for the front and rear of the 710.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=249
Old 06-16-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
D... I just realize that you said you use Futaba but advertising KO as your signatures.. I guess that`s what I thought you were using. Or do I get confused again
Don't believe what you see.

I use Futaba. KO in my sig is just to disturb someone else I know. Anyway KO gears are very good. I like their servos especially. Given the opportunity to start again, I would not mind getting the Helios.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by CraigH
Would really like a 710 to put the smack down and dethone the mtx3 of the track records.
Good luck racing !
Old 06-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Roll Center position question

Originally posted by kreidel
Look at the setup Poalo gave for Kissimmee regional and maybe you can explain what the rear positioning is?
Sorry. Forgot about this reply.

Roll-center position upper: low inner (UBI)
Roll-center position lower: low (LB)

That would be stock out of the box setting.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by FW05R
no the novamega would not be legal at my race track but its only a 20 dollar difference from the tsr12 and the novamega if the novamega is a better engine why not?
If I were you and if that were the case, I would go with the NovaMega. But that's just me because we run outlaw.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by CraigH
Bought a Pro4 instead. Decided I would only run electric this year. But after the parts problems HPI has.The Pro4 is going to be sold and Im buying a Xray or 710. Have to see how the finances go. We have one guy here in KC that has a 710,every one else has MTX3s. Would really like a 710 to put the smack down and dethone the mtx3 of the track records.
I use to own an mtx-3 and I would never wish anything but the best for that car but there is something about the 710 that got my attention

good luck
Old 06-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 705 CVD's on 710?

Originally posted by InitialD
I would not know about how the CVDs are constructed but for the normal dogbones that the kit uses, it comes with outdrives with 2 slots front and rear.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=250

The optional Hudy ones (stronger) are 4 slotted and can be used for the front and rear of the 710.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=249
I do believe they were prototypes. I took apart the other side of the car and the other outdrive looks to be Hudy springsteel (Brownish in color) however the outdrives do not have the holes drilled for the pins that lock the front oneway making it a solid axle. I assume the Hudy ones would have these holes?

Now I am wondering should I just go with the 3racing CVD's for now or should I go back to good old dogbones?

Is there anything detrimental about going with 3racing ones?
Old 06-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 705 CVD's on 710?

Now I am wondering should I just go with the 3racing CVD's for now or should I go back to good old dogbones?
Go Dogbone !.. Go..
Simply no maintenance.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

If I were you and if that were the case, I would go with the NovaMega. But that's just me because we run outlaw.
yah thats what im buying and also the novamega one piece pipe
Old 06-16-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Prophet

but there is something about the 710 that got my attention
Perhaps it's the dark side ! Hey, why isn't the FW05R a choice?
Old 06-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 705 CVD's on 710?

I took apart the other side of the car and the other outdrive looks to be Hudy springsteel (Brownish in color) however the outdrives do not have the holes drilled for the pins that lock the front oneway making it a solid axle. I assume the Hudy ones would have these holes?
Are you referring to the original oneway outdrives with the hole for the solid axle pin?

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=3362

I think the reason why the outdrives do not have holes is because the original owner changed them. If they are 4 slotted, brown in colour, my bet is they are the 808222 ones for the Impact / 835 option.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=369

These outdrives are lighter and of course does not have holes on the shaft for the front solid axle conversion. Either you drill them yourself or use the original 710 ones back if you want to use the solid front axle conversion.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 705 CVD's on 710?

Are you referring to the original oneway outdrives with the hole for the solid axle pin?

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=3362

I think the reason why the outdrives do not have holes is because the original owner changed them. If they are 4 slotted, brown in colour, my bet is they are the 808222 ones for the Impact / 835 option.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=369

These outdrives are lighter and of course does not have holes on the shaft for the front solid axle conversion. Either you drill them yourself or use the original 710 ones back if you want to use the solid front axle conversion.
LOL you are a wealth of information D, Those are exactly the outdrives that are installed on the car. I was digging through the parts I got with it and put the old dogbones along with original outdrives and axles back on the car.

I dont see any way these dogbones could come out at 199mm front trackwidth so I suppose I will just run the car this way for now and if I have a problem I will order the 3racing universals.

Thanks once again for the assistance.

One more question what would be the best starting point for getting rid of a highspeed on power push with the car? Off power is perfect, low speed on power is a bit loose (mainly because of tirespin) but highspeed through the sweeper it is very hard to get back on the throttle without some pretty drastic pushing!

I switched to red springs all around which helped somewhat then went to red fronts and the pink xray rears hat came with the car and this helped even more but the push is still very evident when getting back on throttle through the sweeper.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Perhaps it's the dark side ! Hey, why isn't the FW05R a choice?
I love the FW05R master D but my local hobby shop doesn't carry the one I wanted 31582 kit so I decided to go to the next best thing And what can I say I fell in love with this car once I started building it
Old 06-16-2004, 11:25 PM

And what can I say I fell in love with this car once I started building it
Nice Next I think you would say that this is the easist car to maintain also. In case you notice, you could clean all pulleys with toohbrush without the need to take off anything from the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.