Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
Bring it to the work shop.. a decent lathe machine should be able to do it. Furthermore, in order to help the bearing sits in the real center of pulley, bring used drive belt to cover the tooth for lathe`s chuck to hold the diff gear (45T) better. Idea courtesy from Gold Finger...
Cool !
Old 04-26-2004, 10:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Profoxcg
pyramid, so the alum 3racing pulley is not a good idea?
It may make the drive train smoother but hearing from other incidences of 3 Racing aluminum pulleys for other cars will make you want to stick with the stock plastic pulleys. More reliable and cheaper to replace too. If they are as "reliable" as the other 3 Racing aluminum pulleys for other cars, their tooth will sharpen themselves over time and cut the belts. My 2 cents.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default 710 FAQ

Another update

Just added the WOT break-in method to the FAQ.

Cheers, Mark.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
710faq.pdf (144.2 KB, 676 views)
Old 04-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you really think the theeth will sharpen??

who makes the optional mugen metal pulleys? doesnt 3 racing?
Old 04-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which Motor

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Man Salvens excuse factory was working overtime there. If the Mugens were running 40% why did not he?
I believe the reason he used a lower nitro content was to make the 5 minute mark where the other guys did not make it. That is why while not having the "fastest" motor out there, he was still able to TQ.

On why he did not use 40% for the final, that's beyond me. But I heard that with the No Fuel Bottle in the Pits rule, it was very difficult to tune the engine without getting the engine flame out the car and get hit by 1/8th scale cars practising at the same time.

I guess I kind of agree with you on what you're trying to say inexplicitly that it was a poor excuse of loosing. But I do agree that at the end of the day, the better drive won not because of the motor but because of skill as well.

Originally posted by AMGRacer
The pre-worlds was run to IFMAR rules, 16% nitro. This will even up the playing field when it comes to "funny fuel".
Correct. Hence the motor theory speculation was correct to say that power wise, they were even as mentioned by Rene in his Pre-World report in Brazil. The fuel was the "determining factor".
Old 04-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: 710 FAQ

Originally posted by markp27
Another update
Man, this is worse than Mickey$oft !
Old 04-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which Motor

Originally posted by InitialD
I believe the reason he used a lower nitro content was to make the 5 minute mark where the other guys did not make it. That is why while not having the "fastest" motor out there, he was still able to TQ.

On why he did not use 40% for the final, that's beyond me. But I heard that with the No Fuel Bottle in the Pits rule, it was very difficult to tune the engine without getting the engine flame out the car and get hit by 1/8th scale cars practising at the same time.

I guess I kind of agree with you on what you're trying to say inexplicitly that it was a poor excuse of loosing. But I do agree that at the end of the day, the better drive won not because of the motor but because of skill as well.

Correct. Hence the motor theory speculation was correct to say that power wise, they were even as mentioned by Rene in his Pre-World report in Brazil. The fuel was the "determining factor".
I think Salven is good, but he got outmaneuvered on that weekend. He might have made TQ but did not have the car speed in the main event. His last couple of race reports and the attack on Josh Cyrul kinda got me mad at his lack of respect for other racers abilities. Like you said he got out drove and out motored at the Winternats. Had nothing to do with what car he was driving in the end.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Prophet

you really think the theeth will sharpen??
Well, if you don't mind trying it, I would like to know as well...

I know that the aluminum pulleys that come with the Trinity Reflex Team Only kit comes with aluminum pulleys that do not sharpen over time. Those are good stuff.

who makes the optional mugen metal pulleys? doesnt 3 racing?
I think there are others making aluminum pulleys. But by far, I thought it was mentioned that 3 Racing ones were the worst. But let's hope the quality of the ones for the 710 are up to mark.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: 710 FAQ

Man, this is worse than Mickey$oft !
Old 04-27-2004, 01:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default New Parts

There are going to be some new parts available soon.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: New Parts

Originally posted by PSI Racing
There are going to be some new parts available soon.
What are they going to be?
Old 04-27-2004, 01:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: New Parts

What are they going to be?
Aluminum Radio Plate Bracket
Aluminum Middle Shaft Bracket
Aluminum Anti-roll Bar Levers
One Piece Engine mounts
Setup Wheels
Old 04-27-2004, 01:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default i got 3racing parts ...

i got it from www.rchub.com they look great and made the car alot stiffer too.. i havent finished installing all of them but there are really nice check it out... they ship out stuff and they ship it out fast

Last edited by Serpent Nut!; 04-27-2004 at 01:54 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: 710 FAQ

Originally posted by markp27
Another update

Just added the WOT break-in method to the FAQ.

Cheers, Mark.
great, another one. keep it coming.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:11 AM

pyramid, so the alum 3racing pulley is not a good idea?
All aluminum pulleys (beside those 45T rear Diff Pulley) will make the drive train smoother. So give it a try, no problem. Yes, this aluminum will become sharp (the edges) but it will take a while, not on the second or third gallon. On the other hand, the plastic ones will have a lot of flexes since the beginning and does not run true (well, its a plastic, deformation occur right from the production).

I used the plastic one myself becuase I could not found Alums one and I usually sold my car cheap after 2 major races without even maintainning (lubing) the bearing. This is the longest record actually since most of the time I sold other brand of my car right after 1 major race. This new generation of Serpent does do magic on maintanance. All bearings still remain as smooth as new after 1 race (approx 2 hours of running time) without even lubing them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.