Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by justforfun
Ridder

Just get your ass to the MACH track!
I am a newbie like you and i dont know anybody at the MACH, i signed up anyway and packed my stuff and started racing (or something that in the future will look like racing..)
I also thought the MACH was a bit "closed" for newbies and some people act like that indeed, but that are just very few people!, The most off them are friendly and helpfull people. What MACH needs is more 1:10 scale drivers, that would make it easy'er for them to "have" the track for practice.
Anyway...sign up man, lot off good people will help you there and you get plenty off time to learn racing, the fast drivers wont bother you if you drive, they just pass you and that's all that can happen

Greets, Ron
I would have loved to, but I have been home with high fever a couple of days...fever is gone now but now I have a very sore back...feel like a whimp...never sick and now I have 2 "incidents" in a week time...getting old...

But I hope to see you soon on the track. Hope I can keep it on the black stuff....
Old 02-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ridder
Well...I don't wanna be a party crasher....didn't get a invitation.

I'm a member of a RC club with a small track (only since August) and the times I've been there, there was nobody...
That isn't much help...
So I thought...maybe I can ask if it is possible to go to the MACH...just to meet people and to get some help...so I wrote an email to MACH to ask about the possibilities...
In the reply I got, it sounded like they are not waiting for newbies/moving chicanes.....I got no other info than what the costs are!
Not very inviting.
To be frank, this is actually quite normal in most parts of the world. The trick is to smile a lot, put on a thick face and just go and ask the racers (when you do see them racing that is). I know what you mean with clubs ... sometimes when a club is over-subscribed, they get past the original intention of the club or the organisation (such as EFRA, BRCA) itself. To make matters worse, club "officials" are usually volunteers and therefore may not be the best PR folks around.

So I got myself a Hudy setup system and try to absorb as much knowledge as possible from paper and internet to re-invent the wheel.

Before RC cars I used to fly RC planes. That was only recreational...no competition, but great fun! Even an old Spitfire pilot was flying his RC plane there...
It didn't matter what brand/class you were flying. As long as you had fun!
That experience will help, esecially with radio eqpt, batteries and coordination but the more important common element is "having fun". The minute you don't have that, you'll probably quit the sport/hobby.

Maybe I haven't been long enough in the car RC world...but it looks like everybody is doing his/her own thing.

Hmmm...I sound a bit disappointed...probably because it's raining again, combined with withdrawal symptoms....
Yes you do and I can share that sentiment. I haven't been to the track in months and this can't be good for my driving skills. Couple with that VRC can't even run properly any more on my PC I may as well go into Mini-Z!
Old 02-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by justforfun
Ridder

Just get your ass to the MACH track!
I am a newbie like you and i dont know anybody at the MACH, i signed up anyway and packed my stuff and started racing (or something that in the future will look like racing..)
I also thought the MACH was a bit "closed" for newbies and some people act like that indeed, but that are just very few people!, The most off them are friendly and helpfull people. What MACH needs is more 1:10 scale drivers, that would make it easy'er for them to "have" the track for practice.
Anyway...sign up man, lot off good people will help you there and you get plenty off time to learn racing, the fast drivers wont bother you if you drive, they just pass you and that's all that can happen

Greets, Ron

There you go Ridder ... I agree with this for sure.

I know one member of MACH and he is the nicest guy I've ever met in the RC world. Most of you know him ... he posts here when he's not bumming around the world!
Old 02-06-2006, 12:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

We take it for granted in New Zealand that we will be racing all year round out door on asphalt, no off season, although major meetings are still held only in our summer. I couldn't stand having all this expensive gear and not being able to use it for a few months. No indoor carpet tracks thou here.

A dispointing pre-worlds, only locals from Oz, a few of us Kiwi's and a couple from Asia I think. I'm already starting to pack!
Old 02-06-2006, 12:29 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
I know one member of MACH and he is the nicest guy I've ever met in the RC world. Most of you know him ... he posts here when he's not bumming around the world!
Julius is indeed a great guy, gives help where ever he can, but I think this goes for all team Serpent people.....

I have seen Richard Keur helping somebody at the track with a RTR streetspec. car (NOT a Serpent).....

The guys you don't get any help from are the ones that "think" they are good drivers....
The guys that do help you, are already excellent drivers, and don't need to proof that........
Old 02-06-2006, 12:42 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ridder
OK, you talked me over!
I have been looking on the MACH website (and asked in my email) but do you have a kind of schedule?
I work shifts, so I have to work most weekends, but have a lot of weekdays off.
You can find it on the MACH website, but:
Opening times:
Saterday and Sunday from 10:00 - 17:00
from 1 Nov - 1 March from 12:00 - 17:00
During weekdays ask Hans (but most of the time there is always someone at the track)
Are there newbie-days, 1:10 hours, closed days when the F180 is tested ??
No newbie days, but when there are more beginners they get there own track time, for lets say about 10-15 minutes every hour, the experienced driver is not alowed to drive the track.....
The only info I got from the email is that it costs 7,50 euro for a guest (when to pay, to whom to pay??) , but that you are supposed to become a member asap. That's OK, but how much will that cost?
This 7.50,- You pay to Hans on the day you are at the track.
At MBC De Sluis I paid 110 euro for 4 (off season) months
And then I still had to take a leafblower with me and extension cord...because there was nobody else...and the track was covered with leafs.
That's the problem of that track, but the MACH is always well maintained.....
Per Year you pay 90,- Euro's and if you step in lets say when the year is halfway over, you pay half......
Old 02-06-2006, 12:50 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greg M
We take it for granted in New Zealand that we will be racing all year round out door on asphalt, no off season, although major meetings are still held only in our summer. I couldn't stand having all this expensive gear and not being able to use it for a few months. No indoor carpet tracks thou here.

A dispointing pre-worlds, only locals from Oz, a few of us Kiwi's and a couple from Asia I think. I'm already starting to pack!
Well it's just the way it is for us......
Old 02-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M7H
Well it's just the way it is for us......

Lol, you're racing however lot's of people think it's still too cold
Old 02-06-2006, 02:11 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Well I'm not really racing with this type of weather, but after 20 Years I'm still a bit of addicted to this hobby......
(and it's getting worse)
So if the weather is a bit forgiving (let's say dry and 7+ degrees celcius), You can find me at the track.........
Old 02-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M7H
Well I'm not really racing with this type of weather, but after 20 Years I'm still a bit of addicted to this hobby......
(and it's getting worse)
So if the weather is a bit forgiving (let's say dry and 7+ degrees celcius), You can find me at the track.........

That's the spirit!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:53 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M7H
Julius is indeed a great guy, gives help where ever he can, but I think this goes for all team Serpent people.....

I have seen Richard Keur helping somebody at the track with a RTR streetspec. car (NOT a Serpent).....

The guys you don't get any help from are the ones that "think" they are good drivers....
The guys that do help you, are already excellent drivers, and don't need to proof that........
That is soooo true. I was at the track yesterday for practice and we were having a problem tuning a 710 (that another friend screwed up) and Paolo walked over and said "may I?". Obviously I said "please do" and handed him the car and screwdriver. In about 10 seconds he had it tuned perfectly. Not only is he one of the best drivers I have ever seen but he is also a very nice guy.

Oh yeah, Julius is a great guy also...
Old 02-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jag
That is soooo true. I was at the track yesterday for practice and we were having a problem tuning a 710 (that another friend screwed up) and Paolo walked over and said "may I?". Obviously I said "please do" and handed him the car and screwdriver. In about 10 seconds he had it tuned perfectly. Not only is he one of the best drivers I have ever seen but he is also a very nice guy.

Jim...who screwed up your car? Niketa?? LOL
Old 02-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag

This is why I need to move to Florida! I think I need to mail my 710 to Gianni and Paolo so they can make it perfect for me.

I love Serpent and I am sticking with them but I am caught up in the land of Mugen's. But I hope to take them out this summer!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Greg M

Hey Greg...I was down under in June (Nelson area) and when I went back home I missed my flight from AKL to Singapore because of bad weather... on the plane from Nelson to AKL we had to circle a bit around Mt. Taranaki/Egmond (your hometown I presume) because AKL was closed (fog)...
I travelled around the South Island, but didn't see much RC...
Are there clubs in the Nelson area?
(edit: found a link...but it's a non-nitro club....)

@M7H:
Thanks for the info. I will try to get there asap, depending on weather. But that will be mostly on normal weekdays....

Last edited by Ridder; 02-07-2006 at 02:23 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:40 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JustRace
Jim...who screwed up your car? Niketa?? LOL

No, it was Tim. He was messing with my father's car when I wasn't paying attention.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.