Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by rfy
Hi guys,

Just wondering what thoughts you have on gear diffs.. specifically, how to tune your diff (oil viscosity) given the track conditions e.g. low traction = what oil viscosity, high traction = lower or higher than low traction?
Just like ball diff, higher visco oil goes with higher grip (tighter diff). It only to adjust how well the car will hold it rear end on turns (you want it slide a little for faster cornering speed).
Old 09-30-2005, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by going4#1
No? It can't be that easy? Can it?
Not a change without any mods.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Rene cornella had them on his car for about a month or sow. Dont know if they are going into production.
That`s great knowing the `man` always working to make our hobby more enjoyable!
Old 09-30-2005, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by _cyclops_
Guest what Jordy Blok was using at the Nitro Tour the netherlands? Serpent is testing a 'lower' upright....
Looking forward to read any technical info behind lower upright. Maybe Rene himself could enlighten us here

Does the epoxy glue hold? i tough you would cut them up, but i was worried about the stiffness and if it stays together...
I guess that what they did for first trial before puting time and investment to make a new mold
Old 09-30-2005, 11:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pyramid
Looking forward to read any technical info behind lower upright. Maybe Rene himself could enlighten us here
"It has to do something with roll center"
Old 10-01-2005, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If the rear upright becomes lower, the upper arm becomes in a horizontal connection with the chassis(maybe a straight upper arm too instead of the one we have now??). And that straight line makes the car more stable.

it's hard for me too explain it in only words, because my normal language is dutch. A picture says more tha a 1000 of them so i drew one for you all>

The red dot is the place where the arm will be connected with the new upright, black dot is how it looks now.

The principle is, how further away from the chassis the two red lines meet the more stable the car becomes.
Sow with the new uprights you get less traction roll. But another thing you could think off is with the same track, normally you run 40 shore, any softer the car will traction roll. With the new uprights you can fit 37's without traction roll.

The uprights alone won't make a big difference, but in combination with the tires you can get a lot more traction at the rear.

But this is what i think, if i'm wrong please correct me. I'm only 17 without a real engineering degree. but what i know about car physics this makes the most sence.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
it's hard for me too explain it in only words, because my normal language is dutch.
I think we understand you completely DS.. and yes, I like straight upper arm too
Old 10-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pyramid
I think we understand you completely DS.. and yes, I like straight upper arm too
Hey guys, does someone had a Pic about this mod, Just Curious
Old 10-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

Default Dutch championship

Last weekend was the last race of the dutch championship....

I saw the arm with the team riders and it's just an extra option on your car to change rollcenter. I also saw the new gear diff, witch looks great.. The car is really moving forward and some things are less complex (the diff), but the new uprights will make it more complex (yet another roll center option...)

I also saw some mods on the front roll center, the same idea to get horizontal arms... the top part where the upper arm mounts was higher then normal, so the roll center in front also has more options....

Julius really showed that he is the best driver in the netherlands, with a 30 main final beginning with a partial wet track he really showed why he is one of the best drivers and one of the best guys that can set-up a car...
he was drifting in some corners, way cool to see.. and he won the race with a 1 or 2 lap gap from number 2...... and so winning the dutch championship!

Congrats again too julius!
Old 10-03-2005, 01:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Last weekend was the last race of the dutch championship....

I saw the arm with the team riders and it's just an extra option on your car to change rollcenter. I also saw the new gear diff, witch looks great.. The car is really moving forward and some things are less complex (the diff), but the new uprights will make it more complex (yet another roll center option...)

I also saw some mods on the front roll center, the same idea to get horizontal arms... the top part where the upper arm mounts was higher then normal, so the roll center in front also has more options....

Julius really showed that he is the best driver in the netherlands, with a 30 main final beginning with a partial wet track he really showed why he is one of the best drivers and one of the best guys that can set-up a car...
he was drifting in some corners, way cool to see.. and he won the race with a 1 or 2 lap gap from number 2...... and so winning the dutch championship!

Congrats again too julius!
Great result.. tq for posting
I guess he is not "that" old

Wait.... you said fr arm ? what did they do ?
Old 10-03-2005, 02:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GoldFinger
Great result.. tq for posting
I guess he is not "that" old

Wait.... you said fr arm ? what did they do ?
He ain't old... he's cool, he still manages to talk to the ppl and give hints and tips, i always learn something when talking to him...

They front arms... the rollcenter is changable now on the s710, there are 3 options, low, mid and high... The changed it so that it goes even higher, so more spacers below the radio plate.. this will give the upper arm a more horizontal position.... it's not that special i gues...

Last edited by _cyclops_; 10-03-2005 at 02:28 AM. Reason: typo's
Old 10-03-2005, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

He ain't old... he's cool, he still manages to talk to the ppl and give hints and tips, i always learn something when talking to him...
This is the Serpent way - help one another! It's incredible when you're at a race with these guys, be it Michael, Rene, Richard, Julius, etc, they all give so much to the other racers, no matter if those racers are first or last - very impressive!!

They front arms... the rollcenter is changable now on the s710, there are 3 options, low, mid and high... The changed it so that it goes even higher, so more spacers below the radio plate.. this will give the upper arm a more horizontal position.... it's not that special i gues...
Sounds interesting - no pics?
Old 10-03-2005, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Some days luck just doesn't run - Public holiday here today *woohooo*, but it's raining *DANG!!!*, but it looks like it is getting brighter *woohooo*, but there is a 1:5th lawnmower race on *ARRRGGGGHHH* Oh well, back to cleaning my cars
Old 10-03-2005, 03:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

So the deck is higher than highest stock RC ?
Could it modded upper susp holder? so the arm in highest pos but did not lift the deck ?

Looking at stock 960, they put blue fr spring and yellow in rear is one indication that the car is "naughty" already but this is very good comparing to the "heavy" 950R.
And 960 fr arm is the very much horizontal.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

What did you mean there, Goldfinger, with the 960?

My setups tend to use very hard springs these days with the 710. Quite often I have been running the purple front springs with blue rears and a pretty hard front anti-roll bar. For whatever reason, this seems to give me more steerting, as strange as it may sound.
Certainly at the reacent EFRA GP in Rosenheim, my car just wouldn't steer when I adjusted the front anti-roll bar from 45 Degrees to 0 Degrees.....quite the opposite of what you'd normally expect.

Cheers, Mark.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.