Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Hi D,

Just got off the phone from Steve J at Apple.
He says the idea of an iPod in exchange for a 710 sounds good to him and that the iPod is on it's way to you - hope blue is OK.
He also says that he'll have less spare time than he first thought and that you might like to donate the car to ntc3freak. (fish, fish)
Old 02-21-2005, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Hi D,

donate the car to ntc3freak. (fish, fish)

Old 02-21-2005, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Don't get too quick on celebrating victory...

Empire Strikes Back !
When, when?? tell us when?
Old 02-21-2005, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

Onkel Sow, I think you'll know you'll get shot down asking that same question...

It's because we over here get to play the real thing <rub salt mode on> with other cars on the track as well. Oh yes, we also get to smell nitro smoke too and if we're not lucky, we get to eat tire dust as well...
You're surely referring to our friend MarkP here. I had a fantastic time racing yesterday ...

And all those free time in between goes to the wifey... (I mean giving TLC to the car )
You've got the priority right!
Old 02-21-2005, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
You're surely referring to our friend MarkP here. I had a fantastic time racing yesterday ...
The pain just doesn't stop!
Old 02-21-2005, 01:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Oh, ok... I shot the chicken but got the turkey ! Yeah, nothing beats the real thing right?

You've got the priority right!
Sssshhhh !
Old 02-21-2005, 01:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Hi D,

Just got off the phone from Steve J at Apple.
He says the idea of an iPod in exchange for a 710 sounds good to him and that the iPod is on it's way to you - hope blue is OK.
Blue sounds good. Tell him to meet me at VRC and I'll hand the 710 over to him...

Ooophs, wait... I forgot... The Mac doesn't run the VRC. How careless of me. I guess he needs to head over to Mark's place to run the VRC to meet me there...

He also says that he'll have less spare time than he first thought and that you might like to donate the car to ntc3freak. (fish, fish)
How can I donate my 710 when I have to give it to Steve J?
Old 02-21-2005, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
The pain just doesn't stop!
Never mind, summer is round the corner.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Oh, ok... I shot the chicken but got the turkey ! Yeah, nothing beats the real thing right?
Its not about one versus the other. Why do you think pilots, astronauts and F1 racing drivers use simulators? There are many aspects to racing, amongst others, preparation ... beyond getting your car perfect, your latest radio and latest .15 engines with the biggest bazooka of an outlet for a pipe. You know what I mean ...
Old 02-21-2005, 02:42 AM
Tech Prophet

Its not about one versus the other. Why do you think pilots, astronauts and F1 racing drivers use simulators?
I get what you mean Onkel Sow. I too use the VRC to brush up my driving skills when it first came out. A quick, cheap and easy way to let off your RC addiction too ! It's good to train consistancy and training the mind for long mains.

Now I hardly find time for it unless it rains (which it has not lately). It is understandable how you guys find loads of time on VRC because of the weather and all. But trust me, when the real onroad racing starts during summer, not many will even find time on VRC.

A good example... Take a look at that old snake up in Penang... He was on VRC almost religously but ever since getting back to onroad racing, he's virtually (mind the pun) not there on VRC anymore.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

I get what you mean Onkel Sow. I too use the VRC to brush up my driving skills when it first came out. A quick, cheap and easy way to let off your RC addiction too ! It's good to train consistancy and training the mind for long mains.

Exactly D ... especially for someone who might be
"Steady" but sometimes (note: sometimes ) "Slow", its handy for doing the things you mentioned above.

Another thing is that right now the club I normaly race at only do 10 minute finals at best. There are a lot of issues with that I think :- stamina not tested/trained up, concentration, engine behaviour under longer race conditions, car imperfections, tyres wear issues and a host of other subtle things.

Now I hardly find time for it unless it rains (which it has not lately). It is understandable how you guys find loads of time on VRC because of the weather and all. But trust me, when the real onroad racing starts during summer, not many will even find time on VRC.

Oh definitely there'll be less VRC for me when the full national series starts. There's one major national race very month, there's 2 club races a month and if I wanted to I could race the one other spare weekend too ... Serpent UK Nitro Challenge, Endurace series etc etc.

A good example... Take a look at that old snake up in Penang... He was on VRC almost religously but ever since getting back to onroad racing, he's virtually (mind the pun) not there on VRC anymore.
Oh wait, I know of 3 very good, albeit old, snakes up there. There were 4 very good snakes but the 4th one is in the UK right now after spending 5 years in KL.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

Talking 710freak is here

hey guys,i have registered on mytsn the nick is 710freak.the avatar is something like...................................
Attached Images  
Old 02-21-2005, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Ooophs, wait... I forgot... The Mac doesn't run the VRC. How careless of me. I guess he needs to head over to Mark's place to run the VRC to meet me there...
Good point, but he did say there was no real need since you were sending him a "real" 710, yeah.

How can I donate my 710 when I have to give it to Steve J?
But man, I think he's expecting a NEW 710. After all he isn't sending you a used iPod.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Good point, but he did say there was no real need since you were sending him a "real" 710, yeah.

But man, I think he's expecting a NEW 710. After all he isn't sending you a used iPod.

im not expecting ler.just hoping
Old 02-21-2005, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Default SERPENT 710 for 320 usd or less

where to get one at that price???do they even sell that cheap???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.