Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Ferdi
Did Maarten Pothuizen created your body?

Ferdi
Yes he did. Seems he used the same schem with different colours on Michaels worlds bodies.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Julius
Even without the ring he wants to contol
Old 10-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Hop-ups

Originally posted by kreidel
Isnt your car underweight with that setup or do you add weight to balance it better?
Not when using a fron diff. But with a one way I put some lead on the left side just behind the mid axle block.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Hop-ups

Originally posted by markp27
Julius, do you find that you ever have to switch back to the shorter servo saver at all?

Cheers, Mark.
No, not yet. I like the way turn in is smoother and the extra steering mid/exit corner.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Yes he did. Seems he used the same schem with different colours on Michaels worlds bodies.
Could you please tell me how much it cost to do a paintjob like yours, and is it possible that you can bring me in contact with him?

Thanks again,
Ferdi
Old 10-29-2004, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Ferdi
Could you please tell me how much it cost to do a paintjob like yours, and is it possible that you can bring me in contact with him?

Thanks again,
Ferdi
I have no idea about cost, but you can e-mail him at:
[email protected]
Old 10-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: SWB

Originally posted by jag
I do have a question that may seem obvious but I will ask anyway, if I move the bottom arm towards the rear 1mm then I need to move the upper arm back the same 1mm? I would accomplish this by reversing the top clips?
That is correct. Move the bottom arms by 1 mm and you need to move the upper arms by the same 1 mm to ensure you get the front caster the same as before.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

Originally posted by GoldFinger
That is the reason why I think in overdriven car, even using same rollout the front will role more than rear, since more torque (up to a certain engine rpm) is applied to front wheel.
I think I get what you mean... Less inertia from the front wheels means front wheels turn easier when power is applied. But how does the front wheels rotate more than the rear when both are doing the same rollout and especially when both front and rear wheels and interconnected from the same drive train and power comes from the same source?

Originally posted by GoldFinger
I dont know about you Bro, but I start having a headache after reading my own post.
I think you're playing with too much jumping and dirt ! Get back to onroad and you'll start thinking straight.

p/s: Forgot to mention that I received the stuff in good order.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Too many people would make stupid jokes when I fly off the track....
ROTF
Old 10-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: SWB

If you try to change too much at first, you will only get lost.
Fully agree.

Don't start looking into DRS just yet, and only start with advanced mods like SWB when you really are fully comfortable with the car - otherwise you wouldn't really see the difference these items are making.

I think the more important things to do at the moment is to concentrate on the driving lines, tuning the engine / clutch and making sure things like tweak, shocks and ball diffs are in correct working order.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SWB

Originally posted by jag
My fronts wear pretty flat. Are the rears supposed to cone in (shorter on the inside)?
Yes, the rears very slightly coned (smaller on the inside) should be OK.

Originally posted by jag
How much toe-in do you run in the rear? I had a good racer tell me 2.5 to 3 degrees minimum is a must. Fact or fiction?
Fiction !

I believe Michael Salven and Julius mentioned that you should run the least rear toe-in you can get away with to get the max straight line speed and max on power steering.

More rear toe-in tames the rear end of the car but at the expense of straight line speed and on power steering.

Besides, having the rear tires coning on towards the inside would somehow give a stabilizing effect on the rear of a car somewhat the same as having more toe-in when these rear tires roll.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tires

Hi Julius,

As we all could read there where some "difficulty's" with the tires during the last world championship.

Will this affect the bond between Serpent and Ellegi much?

Bye Thomas
Old 10-29-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Serpent 710

Originally posted by Davo
hey, i have a serpent 710 and i race at lylidale it is a free flowing track and i lack a bit of speed. I am woundering if any1 could help me find a better gearing or have any idea as to how to get more top end out of the car. the straight at lylidale is around about 60 -70 meters if not longer. Could this be a gearing problem or is it just the way the car is?
Hi Davo, welcome to the wonderful world of the snake...

What tire diameter do you run? Gearing goes hand in hand with tire diameter to determine tire rollout / top speed.

Most of the time, stock gearing (i.e 17/22 pinions and 60/56 spurs) would be more than sufficient on most but on the largest of tracks.

I would see what the other cars are running. Check the brand of the car, their gearing, tire diameter and perhaps maybe their pipe and engine. Calculate their tire rollout and compare it with yours. That would be more than close to accurate method.

But I suspect that since most of the guys at your track run Kyoshos and Mugens, you would probably need to back off on the 2nd gear to something like 22/57 or even 21/55 assuming your engine tuning is correct... Just an educated guess...
Old 10-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Tires

Originally posted by 840918001
Hi Julius,

As we all could read there where some "difficulty's" with the tires during the last world championship.

Will this affect the bond between Serpent and Ellegi much?

Bye Thomas
Not that I know of. Ellegi couldn't do much about customs.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Tires

Not that I know of. Ellegi couldn't do much about customs.
Hi,

Okay!

Thanks for the quick reply.

Thomas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.