Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Track

Originally posted by Picard

Sorry having a few problems with the transporter at the moment.
Shame Would be a good idea, though - especially if we can do it to escape the european winter Sow's really going to hate winter in the UK
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Track

Originally posted by markp27
Too old, hey there's always the masters, you know
Naaah... The 1/5th scale lawnmower class sounds better.
Tech Fanatic

Default new serpent kits 710

some people said the new serpent kits have some upgrade in centex, shock tower, bumper plate etc.....does anyone buy the kits and tell the difference ? My kits was the first batch and I wanted to know if it is worth to the updated kits ? thank you
Old 10-07-2004, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Track

Originally posted by InitialD
If those old folks cannot wait or if they think that by 2006 they are too old to enter competition, they could register themselves for the 1/5TH lawnmower onroad WC in Lostallo, Switzerland. Date is scheduled for August 18-28, 2005.
Don't even mention that word. After the luxury of running when I wanted to at the AMCC track, now I have to go back to the Lawnmower infested track here in Nuremberg. But there again, with all the leaves on the circuit, it will hardly be useable until the spring
Old 10-07-2004, 01:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: font belt issue

I would not worry too much about the front belt rubbing. Mine has always done that. If you have a milling machine at your disposal like Pyramid or Goldfinger, you could mill that part of the chassis so that the belt clears.

I don't know about the "serpent metal front belt mount". Are you referring to the aluminum mid bearing block? I have no idea that this will "solve" the belt rubbing issue. Mark? Onkel Sow? Picard? Sparsky?
D, you are correct that I refer to the aluminum mid bearing block...sorry if I have misled you.....
Old 10-07-2004, 01:44 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Track

If 45mins is too long for them to stand, maybe we could arrange some wheelchairs?
No need, Sow and myself have specially constructed carbon fibre Zimmer Frames
Old 10-07-2004, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Naaah... The 1/5th scale lawnmower class sounds better.
*shudder*
Old 10-07-2004, 01:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Rear Roll centre

I heard you mention a little while ago that you thought the default rear setup worked a little better with the high front rol centre because it allow the car to roll better around corners
I would think so...

I am interested in trying it next race meet. My rear is too loose with upper inner and low rear roll centre. I have tried everything
I think the current rear RC that you have now is slightly lower than stock. Some tracks prefer a lot of camber change while others not. The shorter rear upper arm (UTO or UBO) gives more camber change upon suspension compression. The stock rear RC and the currect RC that you're having now is the long rear arm version which gives less camber change.

Like I mentioned earlier, the RC would depend a lot also on your overall setup. I would look into the other stuff first before playing with the rear RC. If the rear is loose, I would tighten the front sway bar some more. Make it more stiff. Less rear droop. More rear camber.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Your right D

I was referring to milling down the chasais although I have not done this and my front belt if fine.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Track

No need, Sow and myself have specially constructed carbon fibre Zimmer Frames
Carbon fibre... Cool.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: new serpent kits 710

Originally posted by speedy100
some people said the new serpent kits have some upgrade in centex, shock tower, bumper plate etc.....does anyone buy the kits and tell the difference ? My kits was the first batch and I wanted to know if it is worth to the updated kits ? thank you
speedy100, if you've a serious race to go to and you want to make sure you have the strongest parts on the get go, then by all means get the parts separately.

If you're casually playing and racing at club level, I suggest going with the stock parts first and when you break them, then you could replace them with parts that are with stronger plastics which is a running change that Serpent is doing.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: font belt issue

I have no idea that this will "solve" the belt rubbing issue. Mark? Onkel Sow? Picard? Sparsky?
No it doesn't...
Old 10-07-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Sow's really going to hate winter in the UK

But Onkel Sow can always escape winter when he steals time and come back to Malaysia. Sunshine 24/7 throughout the year.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Track

Don't even mention that word. After the luxury of running when I wanted to at the AMCC track, now I have to go back to the Lawnmower infested track here in Nuremberg. But there again, with all the leaves on the circuit, it will hardly be useable until the spring
Relocate geographically ! Down Unde is not a bad place to retire.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: font belt issue

Originally posted by crashed_1
No it doesn't...

How is the front belt so far? Any problems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.