Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Fuel tank mod

I've been reading about this fuel tank mod with the pressure fitting coming off the rear of the fuel tank cap. What is the advantage of this over the stock left/right positions? And would you describe how the mod is done? Thanks.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Fuel tank mod

Originally posted by Blue Sky
I've been reading about this fuel tank mod with the pressure fitting coming off the rear of the fuel tank cap. What is the advantage of this over the stock left/right positions? And would you describe how the mod is done? Thanks.
Go to 3hobby.com, click "Search" and type in "mods".

You'll see "710 Rebuid: Mods First".
Old 09-20-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 09-20-2004, 10:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Advice

WHy is it a few people who races 1/10 touring cars seldom uses OS engines like the OS TR. What they usually fit in a Serpent710, R40 or an MTX-3 is a Novarossi, Sirio or an RB engine. Is the OS TR engine really outperformed by its Italian counterpart in all aspects? or is it just they prefer newly released engines? Im currently trying to bring life to a Kyoho V1RR and an OS TR engine to power it. With this, will my car be able to give a fight with the big guys in terms of speed and handling? Of course driving skills is a different story.. thanks...........
Old 09-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Advice

Originally posted by lirpa
WHy is it a few people who races 1/10 touring cars seldom uses OS engines like the OS TR. What they usually fit in a Serpent710, R40 or an MTX-3 is a Novarossi, Sirio or an RB engine. Is the OS TR engine really outperformed by its Italian counterpart in all aspects? or is it just they prefer newly released engines? Im currently trying to bring life to a Kyoho V1RR and an OS TR engine to power it. With this, will my car be able to give a fight with the big guys in terms of speed and handling? Of course driving skills is a different story.. thanks...........
i got my novamega and novarossi because i heard they had a reputation of making excellent engines with excellent power and excellent speed. (i never heard anything bad about the OS engines it just seemed the italian engines (they are italian right?) were very well spoken of). there is a guy at my track who wins with an OS. but as i tune my rs12 to the proper temp, his days of victory are going bye-bye (and he knows it!). i take off quicker and i roll faster. my NR and NM engines idle nice and clean too - it seems that all of my opponents (none run nova) have to keep blipping their throttle while they put their bodies on or are waiting to start so it does not stall/load up. it could just be a setting thing, but i hardly ever have a problem with it stalling when i hit the throttle.

i am sure OS has many good points. but i am not switching at this point.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:38 AM
jag
Tech Master

Default tire size

Getting back to the tire diameter question, what is the recommended tire size (front and rear)? If the ratio is supposed to be 1:1 then why does Serpent say to measure the ride height with 64mm tire? I understand that different people will like different things but I am just looking for a place to start.

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Advice

Originally posted by lirpa
After blowing up my old Rody, I now have the OS-12TR in my car.

I use the OS pipe with it and from my experience it will never be able to fight on the top-end.

The OS is torqy (if one can say that) so its excellent for a small technical track. It is legendary for tuning ease and can idle until the cows come home.

If your track has a straight longer than 30meters, get a high-revving pony.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by sparksy
How does it compare to the stock bar?

At its softest setting, is it softer than the stock bar?
How does it feel on the track?
I have only used it once at the moment (dam weather!)
but soft setting seems to be softer than the stock but when i ran it i was using the hardest setting and it works well. What i liked about it was when i had the standard bar on it one side would all ways lift higher than the other (with the ball joint the same size either side) so i felt that there wasnt even roll. were as this seem to lift either side the same. I have the new anti roll bars from serpent on there way and i will throw them on my other car and see the difference and i will let you know
Old 09-20-2004, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default whats on the way

more drive shafts
universals (have to see for myself )
orange clutch
shock tower
lightweight clutch housing
more tires
misc. (orings, shock oil)...
now i must turn the wifes frown upside down.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default Engine mounts

The new one piece Serpent engine mount is the same height as the old one @ 14.5mm. It weighs 17 Grams compared to 11 Grams of the old mounts (both together).

Hope this helps, Mark.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Suspended

Default Re: whats on the way

Originally posted by packetdreamer
more drive shafts
orange clutch
shock tower
more tires
WHERE DID U HEAR THIS?MORE TIRES?WHAT KIND?
Old 09-20-2004, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: whats on the way

Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
WHERE DID U HEAR THIS?MORE TIRES?WHAT KIND?
what kind? the only kind i ever use GQ (just like me)
Old 09-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Suspended

Default Re: Re: Re: whats on the way

what kind? the only kind i ever use GQ (just like me)
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PIC?I BET ITS AWESOME...CHOCO
Old 09-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: whats on the way

Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PIC?I BET ITS AWESOME...CHOCO
word. the ordered pairs will be here wednesday, but they are the same ones that are in the links in my signature under Body

http://www.serpentracers.com/rc/josh.../serp710.4.jpg
http://www.serpentracers.com/rc/josh...s710-bmw_a.jpg

bon apetite
Old 09-20-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: whats on the way

more drive shafts
orange clutch
shock tower
more tires
LOL! I just got some small bits and I need to do the same too.

Wait till you order those ceramic bearings ... the frown will turn into a boot that land you in the couch for the night!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.