Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rcpanama

I just finish building my second car (710)
rcpanama, where did you get those buttons over the engine heads? BTW, those are some hot twins I'd like to meet. Stay fast!!!
Old 09-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by kidDynomite
rcpanama, where did you get those buttons over the engine heads? BTW, those are some hot twins I'd like to meet. Stay fast!!!
Does are Mugen Head Protector you can get them in RC-Mushroom

I will do my best
Old 09-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

ok now i installed my engient he cluthc when its on the engine and not in the car spins freely both ways but when i put the engine it it will go forwards but i cant push it abcks wards is that right?
Old 09-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by kidDynomite

You can get them at Horizon Hobbies...
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Search/D...&OverallCatID=
Old 09-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Suspended

Default Re: Re: Re: 710 at the US Nationals

Originally posted by tomkelley
I didn't say anything of a video. I have pics in my camera, I still haven't unpacked my stuff yet.
any pics?
Old 09-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: 710 at the US Nationals

I have pics of their cars prepped for the main with the new megas. The cars performed very well all weekend and the new mega 12's had plenty of power, enough to pull others on the strait.
Thanks for the pics tomkelly. Do you have their respective setups? It would be interesting to know since both running oneway and solid front respectively on a same track irrespective that their driving styles differ.

Anyway, I suspect both are running solid front looking the amount of caster clip settings.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by fastharry
Armand Van Tal , the second engineer at Serpent has left of the side the development of the 1/10 720 Touring to work 24 hrs. per day with the new design of the 995-R. -- We want to be the Number 1 , gain ''.
With all due respect to the Dutch people, that is one thing I know that they would not do... Work 24 hours a day ! Sorry but I can't help but laugh at this. Take all this with a pinch of salt.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 at the US Nationals

Brian Berry's 710. First time racing the 710! THats my locking one way parts in his car.
The front shocktower spaced in front a little, custom made transponder holder, throttle servo on the underside, new rear sway bar and no side belt !
Old 09-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Brandon's car.

This is Brandon's car, I beleive he was using the one way.
Front tires cut narrower than 26 mm (I guess the same as what he did previously but then using solid front), new rear sway bar, possibbly hudy steering rods??, hudy front dogbones, throttle servo on the underside, lightened pulley adaptors in the front, Hudy mid shaft (probably modified the hollow one from the 705), titanium screws and front aluminum sway bar holder. I have a sneaky suspicion that the wheelbase could be altered too.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:28 PM
Tech Prophet

I ran the HPI stratus, but I had some difficulty getting it to pass tech when I tried to wedge the body.
I see you have a long tubing with the external filter? Is that going into the carb or coming from the pipe?
Old 09-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rcpanama
I will be running this Sunday so we will see how it will go, my 710 is doing very good so I hope I can get a good result.
rcpanama, nice pair of snakes. A male and female? Hope you get more snakes.

A tip ! Don't tell other people too much about the 710. Else, everybody starts to get better than you and you loose your position. (j/k)
Old 09-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Motorman
the other reason is there is a minimum tire diameter rule and a minimum tire width rule. Trimming the tire to minimum diameter on the inside allows you to still be legal and run a narrower front tire.
Hey Dennis, how was your run and your team mate's run?
Old 09-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

setup from qualifying to final was a bit different. I think to adjust for tire wear mainly for the 1 hour finals.

Standard Roll Centers front and rear. Standard DRS position. 3.5 mm ride height. 42 shore tires superglued cut down to 57-58mm for qual. 3mm or 2.5mm rear roll bar set pretty stiff. Red Springs. shock and dampening I'll have to guess here, but most likely 40-45 weight oil.

Everything else would be guessing or speculating so I'd rather wait till Art Carbonell or brian berry publishes their nats setups. Yeah I sat right next to the snake team but I wasn't really involved in their setup discussions too much. What they were saying that the front solid on this track made the car feel more safer and comfortable for him to drive. Really though I don't think they were overcompensating for the front solid axle other than the rear differential and sway bar settings.

I do have to admit that the new Mega .12 engines performed quite admirably. I just couldn't figure out why they had set their bottom end setting on the engines so lean, but they sertainly pulled a lot of cars on the long strait and sweeper.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by InitialD
I see you have a long tubing with the external filter? Is that going into the carb or coming from the pipe?
Filter is on the pipe pressure line.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: 710 at the US Nationals

Originally posted by InitialD
Thanks for the pics tomkelly. Do you have their respective setups? It would be interesting to know since both running oneway and solid front respectively on a same track irrespective that their driving styles differ.

Anyway, I suspect both are running solid front looking the amount of caster clip settings.
Brandon was front one way most the time, not sure if he went to the locked for the main, my guess is not because he was using one way in qualifing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.