Search

Serpent 966

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
This is totally ridiculous.

I got two 966 and a 733 and on all 3 cars the rear sway bar bearings have so much play, that the sway is all but uneffective.

Now they want me to get these upgrade kits, which will probably run close to 100 bucks to fix a design flaw.

These parts should be for free....
In the future use this to secure any bearing which goes into a metal part:

http://www.henkelna.com/cps/rde/xchg...UID=0000000HZN

Because the fit is too loose from the start the bearing is able to rotate in it's housing and starts scraping away material, creating even more play.
With the bearing fit this isn't possible and your bearings will last longer as well.
I'm surprised none of the RC companies advises this in their manuals, because it is very clear this is needed with the type of fit they are using (cold fitting)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I dont know if I dont use my car enough or what. I dont have any slop in that area, non.
It's an issue, I've heard several Serpent drivers complain about it
Old 11-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert R
I drove Kyosho for 3 years, for me the 966 is better car my driving shows it, lap time show it. Gone from regular C,D main driving to B mainn driving and improving every time I race. Just easier to work on. I am not saying Kyosho was bad car but for some reason this 966 fits & works better for my driving style.

There all good cars!! Pick one put on the track and let's have fun!!!! It's all love baby
Old 11-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoboShop
If that's what you want to think. All of the cars are good. And i had a 966 it was f**ked up out of the box with missing and broken parts and it had alot of blinding in the rear susp lol!!! Never had that problem with my mrx4, m3 ev, vonerrr evo , xray nt1 ec or my 416x. But I also had that problem with the 733 oh I wonder why!!!! It is All about money anyboby who has driven a kyosho car 1/10 or 1/8 thAT left to go to serpent will always say they like the car but deep down inside they know what car is better. Even some factory guys have told me they liked the kyosho better but I would say who

any why good luck to you sir!!! I can wait for the xray 8 scale to come out!!!!!!!! By far xray has the best quality followed by mugen.
My point is dont go into another cars thread and start dizzing it. Just from the other post I know you'r lieing. I dont go into the mugen thread and start dissing their cars, or tell people buy this car or that car. ABout money? Kyoshos are more expensive than the other cars. When i had my M3 I had to buy stiffening plates, adjustable swaybar, one piece engine mount all seperate from the car, all those parts came included in the 966 box, no expence added.
You're just one of those that jump from brand to brand and everytime the new brand is best thing from since sliced bread, not reliable as far as judging quality.

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
In the future use this to secure any bearing which goes into a metal part:

http://www.henkelna.com/cps/rde/xchg...UID=0000000HZN

Because the fit is too loose from the start the bearing is able to rotate in it's housing and starts scraping away material, creating even more play.
With the bearing fit this isn't possible and your bearings will last longer as well.
I'm surprised none of the RC companies advises this in their manuals, because it is very clear this is needed with the type of fit they are using (cold fitting)

It's an issue, I've heard several Serpent drivers complain about it
I know its an issue, it just hasnt happened to me.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 Nitrodude about the option that serpent put on the 966 at no extra charge compare to motonica, kyosho cost more...the only upgrade parts i bought were the front stiff plate and rear aluminum bracket ... i only had problem with my build, i had to drill out the hole in my spur gears other than that im happy with the car
Old 11-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
966 Rear End V2
i understand about the change to the 2spd bearing blocks (for the bearings) but what's the change to the rear bulkhead?
Old 11-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by keavze
i understand about the change to the 2spd bearing blocks (for the bearings) but what's the change to the rear bulkhead?
Wait until they put it on the website, Im sure they will explain everything.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by keavze
From the photo on the previous page you can see an extra cross car hole to couple up with the extensions on the layshaft bulkheads, when we get parts in hand we'll be able to determine any other differences.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

V2 might equal 966 DLS??? That would be sick!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
V2 might equal 966 DLS??? That would be sick!
If it did there would links in the bag, and there isnt.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

how are the CSO pulley's ?
Old 11-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
If it did there would links in the bag, and there isnt.
nope, not DLS...
it's just to 'rigid' up the rear bulkheads.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

how heavy is your car with body on? how many gram?
Old 11-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

In process of rebuilding the car, and realised that the shim/washer behind the 2nd speed spur gear is missing.

How thick is this shim/washer? How critical is it to have it there?

Old 11-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sammies
Hi,

In process of rebuilding the car, and realised that the shim/washer behind the 2nd speed spur gear is missing.

How thick is this shim/washer? How critical is it to have it there?

6.0mm I.D. x 1mm thick, that is there to have the correct amount of end play for the 2 speed shaft and at the same prevent the 2 bearings to ride each other on the outer race.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

How thick is this shim/washer? How critical is it to have it there? The shim/washer i am refering to can be found in the following link.

http://flic.kr/p/8VtnNP

thanks in advance.

sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.