Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 966

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
2011 Rear suspension set is in stock again! but very limited quantity!

Also have a few Floating Radio tray in stock too!
Order sent!
Dont worry about the missing screws and stuff I got that covered already!
Old 06-25-2011, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

finally got to installing motor in new 966 carb slide hits fuel tank probably addressed this prob in earlier thread cant find any help
Old 06-25-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Addict

Installed the new front end and new rear end upgrades.
Wow really wow ive never driven a 966 that has handled like this.
the car has perfect steering perfect pivot and rotation perfect rear grip. car was easy to drive i could not ask anymore from a race car.
Check out the video.
My car is the Blue and yellow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv4NBvXLPCk
Old 06-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by firecat
finally got to installing motor in new 966 carb slide hits fuel tank probably addressed this prob in earlier thread cant find any help
i'm having the same issue..i try twisting turning the carb and the locals guy at my track did the same and don't understand...plus i lower the tank as low it can go i thought about getting a new tank
Old 06-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
i'm having the same issue..i try twisting turning the carb and the locals guy at my track did the same and don't understand...plus i lower the tank as low it can go i thought about getting a new tank
Not sure what motor your using but with Nova based motors it's very little work - start by rotating the link connection to about the 9:30 position (look directly at it and imagine the hour hand of a clock) - take .5 to .75mm off the end of the set screw boss - drop the motor into place with carb slightly loose - pull carb to open position and leave .5 to .75mm clearance to the tank - push carb down into the block to make sure the o-ring seal is compressed and tighten the pinch bolt.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Not sure what motor your using but with Nova based motors it's very little work - start by rotating the link connection to about the 9:30 position (look directly at it and imagine the hour hand of a clock) - take .5 to .75mm off the end of the set screw boss - drop the motor into place with carb slightly loose - pull carb to open position and leave .5 to .75mm clearance to the tank - push carb down into the block to make sure the o-ring seal is compressed and tighten the pinch bolt.
yeah the Nova's is little work lol but RB and serpent don't mix i guess lol i had 2 sponsor drivers look at it both scratch their heads lol. i really think its the tank even w/LiFe still touching ...when i turn it one way or the other the bottom part or the carb rubbing the tank or the hex screw that hold the ball hittint the top of the tank ..so now i have rubber garmenton the tank post so the move alittle....
Old 06-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yeah the Nova's is little work lol but RB and serpent don't mix i guess lol i had 2 sponsor drivers look at it both scratch their heads lol. i really think its the tank even w/LiFe still touching ...when i turn it one way or the other the bottom part or the carb rubbing the tank or the hex screw that hold the ball hittint the top of the tank ..so now i have rubber garmenton the tank post so the move alittle....
Send the car to me Bobby, I'll do it for you! Bet you I won't even scratch my head
Old 06-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

I had that problem with my Sirio. Just put a oring between carb and motor block so the carb is a bit higher.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

ok if i lift(Rick Way) or put the o-ring(Storm way) on the carb will that cause it not to be sealed and ha air leak?
Old 06-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ok if i lift(Rick Way) or put the o-ring(Storm way) on the carb will that cause it not to be sealed and ha air leak?
Not advisable to put any extra o-ring, we have mounted Sirio, RB, Picco, Nova Rossi and most known On road engines without a problem. I'm telling you Bobby just send me the car, I'll hook you up!
Old 06-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Bobby, I have RB, Nova new/old style carby and OS engine installed to my 966 no problem at all. Just make sure you use battery is thinner then 17mm(I am still using Nimh, no need to add weight), rotate the carby so that is not hitting the tank when slide bar is full extend also bend the linkage about 30degree, I will take a picture post it up later.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:22 AM
Tech Regular

dj hooked me up this yesterday at control freakz in ct. at regionals. he heated tank corner molded it down slightly took shrink wrap off nimh dremel slots in battery tray sanded down tank spacers to 3.5 mm and adjusted carb to fit seems to work good
Old 06-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Not advisable to put any extra o-ring, we have mounted Sirio, RB, Picco, Nova Rossi and most known On road engines without a problem. I'm telling you Bobby just send me the car, I'll hook you up!
before i do i like to try another tank first...but i am looking to upgrade my motor...i like the IDM or Picco torque but but the O.S. speed looking good as well
Old 06-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

before i do i like to try another tank first...but i am looking to upgrade my motor...i like the IDM or Picco torque but but the O.S. speed looking good as well
Well, if you can lower the tank as much as possible it shouldn't need any spacing below the carb. I need the oring because my battery pack doesn't let me lower the tank fully.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

a lot of drivers are using the orange alu sway bar mount for the 966.
I think it was available on the wc 2011.
Is there an online shop, where I can buy it?

Thanks
Olli

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.