Wiki Posts
Search

MTX 5

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Maybe they should start writing in chinese , or russian , this way they can feel smart, or is it that they can't speak English , refuse to conform to the thread agreements or any sensible form of common communication !!! They will probably start writing in English in all the Spanish forums, just to let people know they can say a few English words ! That should tell the Moderators how "smart" a few can be, and that they should enforce a common language, just so it doesn't become a culture clash here !!! It is also profoundly disrespectful to continue writing in another language in the obviously English forums, and I think it is their intent to create controversy in an otherwise peaceful community !!!! Moderators should put a stop to this before it worsens !!! Stop forcing the Spanish Language down our throats, and go back home !!!
Смиритесь с этим и двигаться дальше, и перестать быть такой драмы королевы.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Maybe they should start writing in chinese , or russian , this way they can feel smart, or is it that they can't speak English , refuse to conform to the thread agreements or any sensible form of common communication !!! They will probably start writing in English in all the Spanish forums, just to let people know they can say a few English words ! That should tell the Moderators how "smart" a few can be, and that they should enforce a common language, just so it doesn't become a culture clash here !!! It is also profoundly disrespectful to continue writing in another language in the obviously English forums, and I think it is their intent to create controversy in an otherwise peaceful community !!!! Moderators should put a stop to this before it worsens !!! Stop forcing the Spanish Language down our throats, and go back home !!!
Not necessary
Old 10-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

oh well..............what ever..........
Old 10-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just let it go, this tread will go backwards fast if we start bickering about little things like that. Sometimes people are excited with things like a product that they like, and want to contribute something whether or not they know the language. Don't spoil their joy.

Anyone that wants the posts translated can paste the text on this website: http://www.stars21.com/translator/sp...o_english.html.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

No need to translate ! I know the guys who keep writing here in Spanish can write in English fine ! They know why they decide to do it, and it's not pretty !!!! Not something the mods should ignore . Anyways back to topic, any ball diffs in the works for the Mtx5 ???
Old 10-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Rookie

(IN ENGLISH)
Hello. do not be so sensitive to language ... if you know, okay. If not,
needless to say nonsense. Look, I do not want to hurt your feelings, but if
there are people who speak and write Russian, Chinese or English, does not make it smarter.
I apologize if I offended. In this forum MTX5 mugen write about, in any language. I try to help and learn. Greetings.

(EN ESPAÑOL)
Hola. no seas tan sensible al idioma... si lo conoces, está bien. Si no, no
hace falta decir tonterías. Mira, no quiero herir tus sentimientos, pero si
hay gente que habla en ruso, chino o inglés, no por eso es más inteligente.
Pido disculpas si he ofendido. En este foro escribiremos sobre mugen MTX5, en cualquier idioma. Yo trato de ayudar y de aprender. Saludos.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Took the car on its maiden voyage at SpeedWorld (California). Using a variation of Fukada's set-up the car felt pretty good. Just like the 4, the 5 had tons of steering, enough to traction roll when I went to 35/37 tires. The rear ends needs a lil more traction as it twitches around the 180's.

Overall, I like the responsiveness of the car. With the revamped front end, steering is more crisp and not as lazy as it was with the 4. I will try 30,000 wt oil in the rear, increase camber to 4, and/or increase rear toe to 2 next week.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No need to translate ! I know the guys who keep writing here in Spanish can write in English fine ! They know why they decide to do it, and it's not pretty !!!! Not something the mods should ignore . Anyways back to topic, any ball diffs in the works for the Mtx5 ???
Why would you want to use a ball diff in a gas car? Ball diffs need rebuilding after one or two 5 minute heats sometimes in 1380 gram electric cars, and many electric drivers are changing to gear diffs for that reason. Ball diffs are easy to adjust, but I seriously doubt that a ball diff would be durable enough to use in a gas car.

Don't shoot me if I'm wrong.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
1.3 isn't enough bro. plus 2 hole pistons feel smoother and work better than 1 hole pistons. the oil moves through the shocks better.
Tend to disagree Tom. In most cases in the front, because it runs a stiffer spring than the rear unless you run a stiff oil, a 2 hole piston wont control the spring well enough. I think a 1.3 hole with a 500 oil with either a blue or purple front spring will work very well.

But that may just be my opinion.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Champion

I guess it's anyone's setup preference.

I use standard piston from the box , and I switch it front to rear. ie. 2 holes at front, 1 hole at rear.

I feel my car can turn mid corner tighter , and the rear end is more stable with 1 hole piston.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

All I know for sure is the car felt off balance out of the box with a kit setup, I'd be surprised to hear of anyone using it, though yeah I guess it all comes down to how you drive and what your track is like.

My Photon is miles away from any published setup I could find for that, but it feels dialed at home now.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 AM
Tech Champion

My rear ball diffs are still in my tc4's after five years with no rebuilds . Keep in mind I only run them in the rear ! I think an enclosed ball diff will last longer than the currently exposed ones they have for the electric belt cars ! The ntc3 runs ball diffs, but I would not run them in the front though !!!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRGTR
TomB en que posicion tienes los amortiguadores delanteros en el medio , arriba o abajo? y de que medida es la barrena para perforar el piston del amortiguador?
gracias!!!
le ise otro agujero de 1.2 milimetros. Todavia no use el auto entoces la pocicion de los amortiguadores estan en el medio adelante y un agujero mas alto atras

PS: to the dude who had a nervous breakdown because some people said a few words in Spanish, chillax bro. PS don't tell anyone to go home, who gave you this right or privilage anyway There are a lot of people who speak two or more languages and were born in an english speaking country, and proudly proclaim to be from that english speaking country.
PPS: it has nothing to do with trying to show off or be "smart" it's got all to do with connecting with others who share a similar language and cultural background. The world does not revolve around these little toy cars, the world is only made more enjoyable because of the toys...that's it.

Originally Posted by Bishop
Just based off how well my electric gets round the track lately, I'm going to emulate it's setup, so yeah soft all round for me, 2 hole pistons, purples, 450cst, and I'll see how all that goes, and stiffen up where needed.

Though I'm not about to say it would work for everyone, just that I like a fairly soft setup.
hmm, yeah, maybe. Some people might disagree but i think with foamies a harder spring setup works better on a high grip track, so if you are racing at the nationals use a stiff spring setup with slightly thicker oil. I found it improve the grip and response.

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Tend to disagree Tom. In most cases in the front, because it runs a stiffer spring than the rear unless you run a stiff oil, a 2 hole piston wont control the spring well enough. I think a 1.3 hole with a 500 oil with either a blue or purple front spring will work very well.

But that may just be my opinion.
yeah if you run a softer spring i'd agree that 1.3mm hole with thinner oil would work. In general though i always setup my car with 2 hole pistons front and rear. i'm personally not a fan of running soft setups on high grip tracks though. For example at the nationals about two years ago i ran hardest xray springs front and rear on the nt1, but everyone else ran dark blues (softer than stock i think this is). I tried the softer setup and it felt really hard to drive to me. With the hard springs, my times were in line with Chris H from Kelletts, and getting quicker as the heats progressed. I think setup is a personal preference sometimes.

cross fingers the diff gear issue Dan had was isolated!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Took the car out for it's first run yesterday, and was very impressed (good news). I too, opted for a tweeked Fukada set up that seemed to be almost perfect. Then, I had a sudden loss of power (bad news). The culprit, a blown rear diff!!! NT-1 gears on the way. Xray Challenge in two weeks here in Houston, if anyone is attending and wants my set-up info shoot me a PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thunderbunny
Took the car out for it's first run yesterday, and was very impressed (good news). I too, opted for a tweeked Fukada set up that seemed to be almost perfect. Then, I had a sudden loss of power (bad news). The culprit, a blown rear diff!!! NT-1 gears on the way. Xray Challenge in two weeks here in Houston, if anyone is attending and wants my set-up info shoot me a PM.
hello friend,can i ask you one question,are you using the standard diff oil the mugen gives to you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.