Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MTX 5

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NikoRacing
maybe the shaft has been lowered by 2mm ...??
...maybe pietsch is trying drive radios as the ones by Capricorn... so that the spurs are smaller and the shaft can be lowered
Mah. Moving forward the tree you can use smaller gears. But the belt back? The longer or smaller pulley?
Old 08-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

But it seems that this change is temporary, as I read from redrc:
"Pietsch, who is not enjoying the incredibly hot conditions on the rostrum, said he ran to shorter gearing on the new MTX-5 Which Caused HIM to loose feeling in the acceleration. A Slower than track this morning, the designers said it was Mugen a clean run but this evening he Expects to be faster as the lower temperatures Should Be. The German ace said he will revert back to the gearing he ran Longer During controlled practice. "
Old 08-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nazarc
But it seems that this change is temporary, as I read from redrc:
"Pietsch, who is not enjoying the incredibly hot conditions on the rostrum, said he ran to shorter gearing on the new MTX-5 Which Caused HIM to loose feeling in the acceleration. A Slower than track this morning, the designers said it was Mugen a clean run but this evening he Expects to be faster as the lower temperatures Should Be. The German ace said he will revert back to the gearing he ran Longer During controlled practice. "
I am guessing this is not an internal ratio change. It's probably a pinion/ spur change.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by brosla7
this -2 its optional
It may not be optional, the kit isn't due till the middle of next month... So it could be a running change.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Shot in the dark but maybe it's lowered because the belt rubing the header?
Old 08-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default EFRA Euros Qualifying Action

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
I am guessing this is not an internal ratio change. It's probably a pinion/ spur change.
altered throtte setup on his radio was also the cause acording to redrd, the shaft is lower due to smaller spurs, as you can see on the pic, the x5 now uses 54 teeth for 1st, so i asume 48t to 2nd maybe. in regards to the body!

next week will be the release for parts lists and map price

til then
Old 08-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Seisick
altered throtte setup on his radio was also the cause acording to redrd, the shaft is lower due to smaller spurs, as you can see on the pic, the x5 now uses 54 teeth for 1st, so i asume 48t to 2nd maybe. in regards to the body!

next week will be the release for parts lists and map price

til then
What I ment was the change that robert made and didn't like the feeling of, I was guessing the gearing change was spur and pinion rather than internal change. I am guessing that the spur / pinion change came about closer to the time the capricorn car came out and it was a running change with the drivetrain configuration.

What is cool is the pace the car has and they haven't even shipped the production cars lol... Which means it probably still has some speed to be found

Last edited by rx7ttlm; 08-18-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
What is cool is the pace the car has and they haven't even shipped the production cars lol... Which means it probably still has some speed to be found
I think we ought to be careful, not to mix up Robert's speed with the pace of the car.

The two other cars in the race (Rick V & Francesco Tironi) are qúite a bit slower.

Robert has done a lot of testing with the MTX5, but he's also in the form of his life right now...
Old 08-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
I think we ought to be careful, not to mix up Robert's speed with the pace of the car.

The two other cars in the race (Rick V & Francesco Tironi) are qúite a bit slower.

Robert has done a lot of testing with the MTX5, but he's also in the form of his life right now...
What I ment was usually when a car comes out, by the time a season or two go by you find how to make the car work better. I didn't mean it's a world beater just because it's on pace. But if it debuts and you have several people in the main and one contending for the overall win I would say that was a good indicator. That and mugen tends to only release cars after they are well tested rather than annual updates that may or may not be faster. I am getting one just to play with it. My MTX4 was sweet till about 07/08 lol. The main thing that the 4 lacked was drivetrain efficiency and ease of maintenance (currently excessive diff and drivetrain mass also) and the biggest thing was stripped second gears (I stopped stripping them when i got good enough to not hit things) It looks like they put a lot of work into resolving those issues. The only thing I could honestly question is if the plastics will be more durable than the 4.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Doesn't matter I just want a new Mugen.. Lol
Old 08-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Stefan. Then tou could´t compare nothing to nothing. If that was true, you could not see the pace of the NT1 from what Dirk wishnewski is doing. His pace also differs from the other Xray's.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks like MTX5 secured TQ for the 2011 Euros.

Can't wait to get my hands on this car.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

I'm looking forward to getting an MTX5!!! First time I've ever cared about the sedan class.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

The other two drivers are slower for a simple reason:
- Francesco Tironi is using the machine for the first time now, so do not know her well.
- V Rick has taken 2 years after a 1:10 at the European and also came on the second day of practice. Although everything did not go badly. They certainly have a step by 2-3 tenths slower than Pietsch.
-Robert has designed the car, has made ​​many tests and still know it best that's why it's easier to trim the car. Considering that there are other pilots to the level of Pietsch, such as Dik, it can be concluded that at present the MTX5, is the same level of Xray and you can still improve. All pilots know the Xray car for a long time, so it is easier for them to do the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.