MTX 5

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So anxious I don't know what to say.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

will post official shipping date and parts list when known!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.rcbonus.com/news/?p=496

havent noticed before but by looking at this pics! the side pulleys look like directly
placed over the shafts, no more pulley adapters (perhaps less rotating mass), no rear
chasis brace due to alum bulkeads so no need for that, and the radio tray is open in the back so to go give space to the fuel tank and also providing maximum flex to the chasis, also by looking at the chasis i see two holes, perhaps that is to use screws when flex is not desired!
finally if it goes like the mrx series, i see the first upgrade the turnbuckle in the front uprights to be replaced for a longer one, stock is 22mm, in the mrx series 30mm is used, but i will say
maybe 27mm is enought, anyway lets wait and see

will keep it posted

btw just ordered RPM tires, which are now imported by mugen racing in the US, rpm tires are manufactured by matrix in italy! so now you have ennety and rpm tires to choose from!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Initiate

really looking forward for it.....
Old 05-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think those holes in the chassis might be for mounting weights.
Interesting mounting of the front lower arms, similar to the Photon.

Originally Posted by Seisick
http://www.rcbonus.com/news/?p=496

havent noticed before but by looking at this pics! the side pulleys look like directly
placed over the shafts, no more pulley adapters (perhaps less rotating mass), no rear
chasis brace due to alum bulkeads so no need for that, and the radio tray is open in the back so to go give space to the fuel tank and also providing maximum flex to the chasis, also by looking at the chasis i see two holes, perhaps that is to use screws when flex is not desired!
finally if it goes like the mrx series, i see the first upgrade the turnbuckle in the front uprights to be replaced for a longer one, stock is 22mm, in the mrx series 30mm is used, but i will say
maybe 27mm is enought, anyway lets wait and see

will keep it posted

btw just ordered RPM tires, which are now imported by mugen racing in the US, rpm tires are manufactured by matrix in italy! so now you have ennety and rpm tires to choose from!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Damn i just bought an xray too.... Guess I will have to own a xray and mugen lol
Old 05-20-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.eubusiness.com/news-eu/ec...rade-japan.a2o
Free trade between Japan an the EU?So we at Europe will get the MTX5 at HK prices?
Old 05-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
http://www.eubusiness.com/news-eu/ec...rade-japan.a2o
Free trade between Japan an the EU?So we at Europe will get the MTX5 at HK prices?
i think it has to do with purchasing power! so how come an mrx5 kit cost more in japan than in hong kong?
Old 05-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Remy
Damn i just bought an xray too.... Guess I will have to own a xray and mugen lol
the nt1 is a great car, but id say the capricorn comes fully loaded in comparison to that car!
now lets wait and see, good thing take time! but i say 6 years is way too long for it anyway! a few more months after 6 years is not that bad!
Old 05-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Seisick
the nt1 is a great car, but id say the capricorn comes fully loaded in comparison to that car!
now lets wait and see, good thing take time! but i say 6 years is way too long for it anyway! a few more months after 6 years is not that bad!
Couldn't agree more; Capricorn is the one at the moment, but perhaps the MTX5 could challenge it. Mugen has certainly earned a deserved reputation for coming up with the goods.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The mtx5 looks really good. The only thing they didn't do was an easily removable two speed shaft (for fast rear belt swaps). But it looks sweet and since it's mugen you know it will be good.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has Mugen put out the street price for this kit yet? I am curious to see how much more they will be asking for this kit as compared to the pricing of the MTX4/4R.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JLock
Has Mugen put out the street price for this kit yet? I am curious to see how much more they will be asking for this kit as compared to the pricing of the MTX4/4R.
no official info yet on release or price but for sure it will be lower than r4, nt1 and lab for sure!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm still betting about $100 cheaper than the 8th scale, which would make it very nicely priced...

And it won't be real hard to be cheaper than the Kyo or Cap, both seem awfully high priced in a very lean market...
Old 05-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bishop
I'm still betting about $100 cheaper than the 8th scale, which would make it very nicely priced...

And it won't be real hard to be cheaper than the Kyo or Cap, both seem awfully high priced in a very lean market...
agreed! for now gotta wait til release, id hope it comes with a top notch clutch so to keep it up with capricorns, id say it will be something similar to the mrx5 optional used on the last worlds but in smaller size

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.