Search

Team Magic G4 + EVO

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chiefy 707
This thing?

I thought it was slotted to allow room for the roll center adjustment?
Yeah that's the thing. So that allum. piece on the bottom can go up or down and then the arms can either be in or out, is that right?
Old 02-17-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
still the g4+ has a one way solid axle, aluminum pulleys, alum. ED transmission, hard coated shocks, kfactory ZF bearings.

the G4RS nor the G4+ EVO has any of that stuff.

and it doesnt look like the new G4 II will either.
the design of the alloy ED is great, there is no slop at all from any of the pullies, but unfortunatley it is rather hard on belts. but the system is fragile, and the use of the plastic pullies lengthens the life of the belts, and is cheaper to replace the pullies. one little stone can damage the alloy ED pullies to a point where it will destroy a belt in no time. i think going back to the plastic Ed is not only stronger, but more cost effective for the racer.
i havent driven a G4 for over 8 months, but 2 weeks ago i did have a quick drive of a G4S with the ED and speedshot. i quickly forgot how much steering the car had. but the let down was the rear grip . the RS has a sweeter wide spot than the G4+ especially for lower traction tracks. i like the design of the new G4 II , but im also awaiting the new Serpent design car. this year will have many many choices of new so called revolutionary chassis, only time will tell which one is the good one. TM has had problems in the past to secure top level drivers to get the regognised results to actually sell the cars. since they release so many variations of the car, it is good if they are improvements, but most people are getting tired of buying the latest TM releases just to have more updates or a new car with in the same year of outlaying for their so called latest purchase. i do hope they have worked on the quality of plastics and the car is more durable. while the look of the flying arms are good, a solid arm is all stressed compared to a more conventional arm with openings of certain angles. im no engineer but strength normally comes with angles, more like triangles. most conventional arms are of this structure and are quite strong compared to a solid rigid Flying arm. my motto when using the flying arms was, if i got air, im out of the race, cause they just dont fly well. i hope the new car is the goods for those who outlay for it.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im gonan keep all options open

TM G4 II
Xray Nt1 2009
Mugen MTX4R
Kyosho VRRR Evo II WC
Serpent 720 2009 ( thought I think in my area parts support is just as bad as the TM)

I still do not know what to buy.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Im gonan keep all options open

TM G4 II
Xray Nt1 2009
Mugen MTX4R
Kyosho VRRR Evo II WC
Serpent 720 2009 ( thought I think in my area parts support is just as bad as the TM)

I still do not know what to buy.
there are more options than that Revo. dont go rushing out just yet. the 09 720 isnt the new car. this will come later this year , there is also the Capricorn , motonica, and im sure mugen will have something up their sleeve now the new buggy is finished. Xray NT1 is getting rather oldish and im sure they are working on something also. just wait a while and there will be more options open than you will know what to do with.
are you still able to buy direct with TM online ? i dont see what the problem is if you can, it is coming from the same place that any US distributor will be getting it from.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

what i experienced on the alum or alloy what ever it's made of is that you can't run drive and driven alum pulley stripps belt fairly quick example using the k factory alum ed trans you can't use the all alum multi diff (oneway / solid) you have to use the old oneway and put in a plastic pulley or put in a diff
Old 02-17-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

well I wanna have my g4rs sold and something new by may-june
Old 02-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

well I wanna have my g4rs sold and something new by may-june

as long it's not another TM i'd say that would be a smart move IMO
Old 02-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer*
for that we will just have to wait and see.

for me the zf bearings are a waste... its ok to buy them and use them for 1-2 race metings but after that most of them dont work anymore, exept the diff bearings....
Just double checked i was under the impression G4RS has the ZF bearings as they were orange shield as well! That is confusing
Old 02-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
the design of the alloy ED is great, there is no slop at all from any of the pullies, but unfortunatley it is rather hard on belts. but the system is fragile, and the use of the plastic pullies lengthens the life of the belts, and is cheaper to replace the pullies. one little stone can damage the alloy ED pullies to a point where it will destroy a belt in no time. i think going back to the plastic Ed is not only stronger, but more cost effective for the racer.
i havent driven a G4 for over 8 months, but 2 weeks ago i did have a quick drive of a G4S with the ED and speedshot. i quickly forgot how much steering the car had. but the let down was the rear grip . the RS has a sweeter wide spot than the G4+ especially for lower traction tracks. i like the design of the new G4 II , but im also awaiting the new Serpent design car. this year will have many many choices of new so called revolutionary chassis, only time will tell which one is the good one. TM has had problems in the past to secure top level drivers to get the regognised results to actually sell the cars. since they release so many variations of the car, it is good if they are improvements, but most people are getting tired of buying the latest TM releases just to have more updates or a new car with in the same year of outlaying for their so called latest purchase. i do hope they have worked on the quality of plastics and the car is more durable. while the look of the flying arms are good, a solid arm is all stressed compared to a more conventional arm with openings of certain angles. im no engineer but strength normally comes with angles, more like triangles. most conventional arms are of this structure and are quite strong compared to a solid rigid Flying arm. my motto when using the flying arms was, if i got air, im out of the race, cause they just dont fly well. i hope the new car is the goods for those who outlay for it.
Hey Snake Boy!

You didn't tell me you had a drive of another brand car

Great post though.... Shoot my head hurts, too much Bundy last night i think!
Old 02-18-2009, 01:15 AM
abi
Tech Adept

Default best option for low grip (parking lot) tracks

Thanks for clearing up the G4+ and G4+ Evo differences.

Would it be right in saying RS and G4+Evo are the better option for low grip tracks (compared to G4S and G4+)?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abi
Thanks for clearing up the G4+ and G4+ Evo differences.

Would it be right in saying RS and G4+Evo are the better option for low grip tracks (compared to G4S and G4+)?
I would say that the RS and S would be better for low grip tracks as the chassis is 3mm and tends to flex a bit more than say the 4mm chassis on the original +. Not sure what thickness the +evo chassis is but if they listened to the user then they should of made it 3mm.

A lot of people went out and got the WC upgrade kit but are now complaining of the car being too stiff now. I have the original + and yeah it's rigid but you just compensate by making the suspension a little bit softer than usual
Old 02-18-2009, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

nop i bought the zf bearings, maybe it was because of poor maintanace, but dont think so. as for the wc chassi is 3mm, but is much stiffer than the rs 3mm because of the fact that the rear bulkheads are aluminium, acting like stiffeners, that is why the new G4 II will have this flex set up thing. as for me i like the car to feel more on the stiff site....
Old 02-18-2009, 07:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I need a little advice on nitro sedans. I have a ntc3 that a plan to race on a prepared asphalt parking lot track. I was thinking about buying this team magic g4 sedan and selling the ntc3.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=360132449646

After reading this tread alittle I'm not sure if this is a current car or if the parts support is there? Do you guys think it would be worth the swap to race parking lot?
Old 02-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

the mongoose is the older of all the G4s, but parts are interchangable so it doesnt matter.

if you want a mongoose, shoot me a PM I have a used one I will sell you for $100, $170 with a Novarossi .12 engine and pipe I have pics if you want, you can save some money for now and buy a used one learn the lay out of the car and have a basher/practice car, then buy a better one later on.

hell I even have a starter box I would sell you everything for $200 thats mongoose, .12 novarossi RS12S1 engine and Duratrax starterbox for only $30 the cost of that.

I have have a mongoose, had a g4S, now have a BRAND new never used g4rs, I know the ins and outs of the car because I started with the basics.

also if its a preped asphualt track than I think it worth the swap, parts are still available because they are interchangable with any G4, and on prepped surfaces with the amount of tuning the mongoose/g4 has, it will handle better than the ntc3
Old 02-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dimerip87gt
I need a little advice on nitro sedans. I have a ntc3 that a plan to race on a prepared asphalt parking lot track. I was thinking about buying this team magic g4 sedan and selling the ntc3.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=360132449646

After reading this tread alittle I'm not sure if this is a current car or if the parts support is there? Do you guys think it would be worth the swap to race parking lot?

i suggest going with a kyo rrr evo wc you still can get a new one for under 400 it's not the latest one but mostly all parts still the same and will be available. second would be mtx4r IMO i actually have both and no regrets getting rid of my team magic's (upgraded & updated s and rs)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.