R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-28-2008, 03:27 AM   #16
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Looking at Serpent 960 (which is a good car to drive with), it is crazy to have several filling rings to make it all fit.
Because you don't know why these rings/shims are there, doesn't mean the design is bad. Because that is the only thing you can reffer to when saying that you need a lot of rings "to make it all fit"....

Serpent gave customers the option to instead of using the Serpent type of wheels, to also use Mugen/Kyosho type of wheels.
Now, when you go for the Mugen/Kyosho type of wheel, you have an additional set-up option there, because with installing more or less shims on the inside or outside of the bearing, you can offset the wheel/rim, compared to it's rotation point....

Quote:
I am a old fasion guy and keep the motormount to the engine, with Serpent that is impossible to do, with some mounts you even need to remove the rear end to fit them.
I am not that old fashion.
I leave the engine mount in the car, and just unscrew the engine with 4 screws, loosen the screws of the fibre carbon stiffener behind the engine (which a Mugen doesn't have) and the engine comes out the car without any problem.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just for the record i have no idea who jman37 is, its not me look at the ip addresses! I didnt even realize he had the same name until i was done posting. As far as it sounding like a Serpent ad! Guilty! Just tryin to help out as much as i can. Hopefully jman 37 gets into the hobby, no matter which car he is interested in getting i know he can find good info, and good help on this forum with any of the cars that are available. Hopefully we will see more and more people interested in the most amazing aspect of our hobby! 1/8th scale onroad! thier is truly nothing like them! Every one should try it in my opinion!
J-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:05 PM   #18
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Maybe my post sounded a little too hostile. I have nothing against Serpent just pointing out how the name similarity made it look more like an add than a legitimate question. I still say Mugen or Shepherd are my preferred cars but the 960 08 does look like the first really good Serpent since the Vector days.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:14 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

the best 1/8th is the one you buy & spend time with
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-MAN View Post
All of the 1/8th scale cars on the market are better than ever! It really comes down to witch one you pefer, .................................................. .................................................. .......................................

J-Man knows of what he speaks. Any one of the 5 or 6 major 1/8 cars is fully capable of winning in the right hands. I have said this for years and it still holds true today.....Picking a good 1/8 car is just a matter of deciding what color wheels you like on your car.
www.motorists.org
P2gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:07 PM   #21
Tech Regular

I run an MRX4R and love it ... some of my buds run 960s and love em.

I would suggest you take a look at the price and availability of spares ... I did ... thats why I ended up with the Mugen!!

I am sure you would be pleased with either.

getpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Serpent,motonica,mugen,kyosho,velox are all awesome cars so its your choice
Old 11-04-2008, 06:21 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

When Team Magic release their 1/8 very soon, look out. If it drives as good as it looks then it will scream