Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Don't know, but dang do I like my Mugen MT12. . . she's been forgiving of all my mauling of her! She's as fast as I could ever want!
Old 07-17-2002, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gotta love the MT12 simply because of the power and longevity.My friend got his with his Mugen last year and all this time I had thought he had changed the piston and sleeve at least twice but the piston and sleeve finally went due to a bad con rod after....get this 10 gallons of fuel and good tuning.No BS or word of a lie.He runs the thing fast but keeps it respectable for temps and tuning,he is one of the faster guys on the track and he ran only Blue Thunder %20 regular formula for the entire time.I have an RB X12 and just getting into half a gallon on it now and love the power and compression it has.
Old 07-17-2002, 06:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

RCKID,What stater box are you using?
If it's a onfa type your spinning the motors backwards.
Reverse the motor wires so the wheel rotates in the other direction.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:35 PM
Tech Initiate

ow yes i did fix that , thanks alot, i rearranged the wires and also i fixed it, yes it is the ofna true start box, thanks alot man, and also everyone the car shifts at 4 turns from closed position , perfectly, so yes my car is NOW SHIFTING
Old 07-17-2002, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

sup all

what is everyone doing about the tank on the ntc3 to solve that problem ?? Any thing else wrong with the car ?? just got a used one.. but it idles hot!!1

-TG
Old 07-17-2002, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Game-

Run a side exhaust. . Check out what Dennis Richey is doing to his car. He is re-routing the exhaust pipe down the center and out the back. He will go into more detail after all his test are complete. You running at Browns this weekend?

Mike Webb
Old 07-17-2002, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been reading a lot lately in how to make the NTC3 work, I installed two new engines (os.12 TR and MT12) and both stall always at the same spot on the track. Well I am suspecting the clucht slips too much an overheats the engine, but also the theory about the rear exhaust boiling the fuel might be correct, have any of you guys tryed insulating the rear part of the tank and the fuel line? Maybe with some kind of Aluminum foil? what do you think about it?
Old 07-17-2002, 03:46 PM
Tee
Tech Apprentice

So... I'm asking myself "How does the sucessfully operating NTC-3 work?"

Last edited by Tee; 07-17-2002 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-17-2002, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone try mounting the Tank where the Battery for the receiver goes and then putting the Battery for the reciever where the tank goes? I may give that a try when I screw around with the car.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:01 PM
Tee
Tech Apprentice

Mike Webb, NO. Don't do it. Even if it were to solve some problem, I'm sure it would introduce some other weirdness. I've been hearing about this mobile audio product called dyna-matt. Never seen it, I don't even know what it's officially supposed to do. But the way I understand it, it keeps things from rattling. Maybe? Guess I need to go Google that. Maybe a lump of power putty will make that part of the chassis vibrate differently. So, I see that this product is available at goodguys, best buy, circuit city, etc.

Last edited by Tee; 07-17-2002 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by mike_Webb
Anyone try mounting the Tank where the Battery for the receiver goes and then putting the Battery for the reciever where the tank goes? I may give that a try when I screw around with the car.
Mike - Don't do it! As far as I know, the batts were placed there to offset the weight of the engine. Placing the tank there would cause the car to slowly become off balance on the engine side. I mean, with both the batts and the engine on the same side, the car would surely be lopsided. Almost every car I can think of has the batts on the oposite side of the engine. Just something to think about
Old 07-17-2002, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

hmmm... since I don't have the car in front of me yet what about putting the receiver box area over on the Engine Side and the Tank in that spot. You are going to have to add some weight to the Battery,servo side of the chassis to offset the fuel when it is used. Just some ideas..... This winter will be fun playing with this car.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the problem there is that then the fuel tank is on the other side. you would need to relocate the hole in the window to the other side to fuel it effeciently. This would be bad for air flow over the engine You want the winshield hole directly in front of the engine if you can.

Tee
when the TC3 is on its really on, it has serious untapped potential.

leadfoot did you get my voicemail at work??

Last edited by Motorman; 07-17-2002 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Mike_web

Going to be in frederick this sat.. Want to see how fast Buster's motors really are plus going to start running the ntc3..

-tg
Old 07-17-2002, 09:27 PM
Tech Initiate

problem w/ NTC3

when i accelerate really slowly and on the gas like real slowly and listen to the car and engine the clurtch does engage but it makes a noise , i know 100% its the clutch trying to grab the bell cause it sounds like it and everything but is it suppose to slip ? it makes a slipping noise like this :: ssssshhhhhsssssshhhhhsssssshhhhh, if u guys know what i mean,, please help, any other clutch with any toher material, cause i tried the hpi racing lutch but that DIDNT work , or is this normal, cause it sounds liek the NTC3 clutch shoes dont grab as well, or not , please correct me IF POSSIBLE, thanks

rckid/arash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.