Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 05:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How do you guys feel about the BMI chassis? Absolute necessity or just bling?
Old 03-23-2005, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

about the chassis id say it's a neccesity if you plan to race..as for revolution y dont u check ebay and get a general picture...although things usually go cheap there..
Old 03-23-2005, 04:33 PM

I can say the BMI to me was the best hop up I have ever bought, and I have just about everything on the market for the car.

I am also in no way sponcered nor due I have any contact with BMI anymore.

In the beginnning when the first Gen 1 chassis was released I bought the first one, from then on I gave Jay some input on what hop ups worked and what did'nt work with the chassis. Alot of our input was put in the Gen 2 chassis and more in the Signature series chassis. I had alot of heating and vibration , and tweak issues with the stock chassis and high output modded engines (crankshaft overheating) (engine stalling and not starting back up and fuel bubbling back into the tank from the carb).. After switchg to the BMI all .troubles went away and corner speed and lap times were faster.
We also have taken a few hard head on hits with the stock chassis and broken diff cases/chassis braces and bent driveshafts. Anyone else ever bent driveshafts ? If you have bent the shaft the chassis is also junk! Since the BMI never none of these problems either. Also after every heat race I was always having to tweak the car again. Not anymore with BMI, I mean you will knock something out of wack
sometimes during a race but the car is still in tweak.
Some people here say the BMI is only for the elite or top 5 drivers to help better their lap times, I think this is BS!!! If you want a solid chassis that resist most damage and stays in tweak, faster corner speed and better lap times, lower CG and 100 grams lighter than the stock chassis then the BMI is for you. The BMI is very expensive but.... you'll never have to buy another chassis again.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

ill have a good supply of ellegi and jaco foams.

i ran a spool last season and i was fine with it. I prefer the diff on a tight track such as the one i will be running on though.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

R3VoLuTiOn How do you like your Colliri motor? I am thinking about droping one in my NTC3.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

ive seen it go..he races with at the track i race at..its pretty crazy fast...specially down the strait
Old 03-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default My NTC3...Just got it couple hours ago

I just got this car..what do u guys think??
heres some info on it:You are Bidding on a GREAT Condition Nitro TC3...

This IS NOT an ordinary TC3!

It has been rebuilt from the ground up using only the best parts money can buy!

The following is included with this FAST TC3:

* RD Logics 1.6 HORSE POWER Round Exhaust Motor!! BRAND NEW CONDITION! ONLY BROKEN IN! I only ran it once and put it away to keep it safe!
* Teamed up with the insane motor is the INCREDIBLE RD Logics Round Port Banana Style Exhaust!
* New RD Logics Chassis with only a few scratches from bottoming ou.
* Rd Logics Diff Transfer Cases in aluminum! (Front is half plastic half aluminum for better front weight distribution)
* Aluminum Driveshaft for Great Strength, Light weight, and GREAT Looks!
* Aluminum Screws all the way around where extra strength is needed!
* 2 Speed Transmission for that extra long straightaway (Car can easily hit 70mph!)
* Extra Light Carbon Upper Deck
* Sealed Radio Tray for EXTRA safety for your radio gear!
* BRAND SPANKING NEW MIP Racing clutch just installed!
* Rechargeable Battery Pack with charger!
* Purple Anodized Fuel Filter
* An EXTRA set of Foam tires for the practice track runs!
* Brand New Proline Sedan Hawgs Tires on HPI CHROME Mesh Wheels!
* FRESHLY PAINTED BMW M5 Body NEVER RUN ON A CAR EVER!!
* Fresh RX8 body (Body holes are off)
* A Track Beater Stratus Body (unpictured)
* Comes with Both Servos with all the linkage attached and ready to go! (needs radio and receiver)

If you are the LUCKY Winner of this item you will be the fastest TC3 on the block! The RD Logics Components cost me Over $400!

I got it off ebay for $200

Old 03-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: My NTC3...Just got it couple hours ago

Originally posted by rally
I just got this car..what do u guys think??
heres some info on it:You are Bidding on a GREAT Condition Nitro TC3...

This IS NOT an ordinary TC3!

It has been rebuilt from the ground up using only the best parts money can buy!

The following is included with this FAST TC3:

* RD Logics 1.6 HORSE POWER Round Exhaust Motor!! BRAND NEW CONDITION! ONLY BROKEN IN! I only ran it once and put it away to keep it safe!
* Teamed up with the insane motor is the INCREDIBLE RD Logics Round Port Banana Style Exhaust!
* New RD Logics Chassis with only a few scratches from bottoming ou.
* Rd Logics Diff Transfer Cases in aluminum! (Front is half plastic half aluminum for better front weight distribution)
* Aluminum Driveshaft for Great Strength, Light weight, and GREAT Looks!
* Aluminum Screws all the way around where extra strength is needed!
* 2 Speed Transmission for that extra long straightaway (Car can easily hit 70mph!)
* Extra Light Carbon Upper Deck
* Sealed Radio Tray for EXTRA safety for your radio gear!
* BRAND SPANKING NEW MIP Racing clutch just installed!
* Rechargeable Battery Pack with charger!
* Purple Anodized Fuel Filter
* An EXTRA set of Foam tires for the practice track runs!
* Brand New Proline Sedan Hawgs Tires on HPI CHROME Mesh Wheels!
* FRESHLY PAINTED BMW M5 Body NEVER RUN ON A CAR EVER!!
* Fresh RX8 body (Body holes are off)
* A Track Beater Stratus Body (unpictured)
* Comes with Both Servos with all the linkage attached and ready to go! (needs radio and receiver)

If you are the LUCKY Winner of this item you will be the fastest TC3 on the block! The RD Logics Components cost me Over $400!

I got it off ebay for $200

Don't fall for the hype - alum screws where extra strength is needed? yeah - alum is weaker than steel or titanium. . .

Basically, you got a good deal on a stock NTC3 with a motor that you don't know about.

For $200, it's not a bad deal. . .
Old 03-25-2005, 03:00 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Yeah it's a RTR that's been hopped up, first move is to get threaded shocks, then upgrade the servos. If the motor is still good than you got a pretty good deal in my opinion.

Jon
Old 03-25-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

ive got futaba 3003 servos here..i dont know which ones he threw in..would my futaba ones be good enough? for the time bieng atleast? after this buy i dont got the greatest amount of money and im not going to be racing too too seriously yet..thanx for the input
Old 03-25-2005, 07:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The 3003s will work just fine. You don't need hundred dollar servos to have fun. If you feel you have to change them, I like the JR 550 and the 650. Both are metal geared and cost less than $50. Hope you injoy your NTC3.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

thanx man...with some luck mabie my engine will be alrite and i mite get some decent servo's..ill prolly get the v2 suspension sometime in the future
Old 03-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

I run a FT NTC3 with a novarossi NS12S3 engine on a short track. I'm not to bad a driver. Anyway, a guy with a RTRplus just about beat me. All he changed was the springs, tires and added a sway bar. Driving is the most important part of these cars.
Good luck with it.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

thanx for the reply's..anyone else got comments?? bbntc3?ntc3freak?
Old 03-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

I will add one more thing. As I used to have the RD Logics diff cases and chassis. Beware of the diff cases. Mine were junk. I had to grind to make the bearings fit. I ended up nukeing about 3 diffs before I just got rid of the cases. I went back to stock, and everything was alright. Make sure the bearings in the cases spin freely and are not being compressed out of shape by the cases. If yours are fine, then don't worry about it. If they're not, ditch the cases, get the regular ones and add the fix.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.