Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 05:04 PM
Tech Initiate

I will agree that chassis plate is pretty sweet. But, seeing as though I'm an aircraft mechaninc by trade, if I need a chassis plate, I'll just make one out of some T6 aluminum and heat treat it.

Just how fast were you going when you hit the wall and bent your chassis plate anyhow???
Old 05-16-2002, 05:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by ChristopherKee
Hardcores is Titanium though
Yes, which means it will not conduct heat away from the engine as well as the aluminum one will.
Old 05-16-2002, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default titanium chassis

In my testing I found that by removing so much weight from under the cars CG (center gravitiy), the car was way too top heavy, and had many undesirable handling characteristics associated with this effect. I spent many hours on large and small tracks trying to get the car to my best times (which are close to the AE factory drivers). I'll admit, my lap times were close, but consistancy wasn't. I wound up giving away the chassis (to my competition , and stuck with my alum chassis.

When I spoke with Hard core about this problem, I got the impression that they have never raced with it. Just built it for the eye candy effect.

My opinion about the chassis weight is similar to what AE drivers will give you if you ask them.
Old 05-16-2002, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Titanium is denser than aluminum, so I can't understand why your saying the center of gravity was raised when you replaced the stock aluminum chassis for the titanium version.
Old 05-16-2002, 07:26 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So, other than the IRS carbon front bumper what is everyone using after you break your Kydex POS that associated packed with this car?

Can you adapt any other gas car's front bumper plate (like the Mugen's)?

Weed:

I didn't bend mine, but since I am going to the nats, I figured I would pick up some spare parts (like arms, chassis, etc)

A friend was around 2/3 into the powerband when he hit...

Last edited by kansasracer; 05-16-2002 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-16-2002, 07:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by kansasracer
So, other than the IRS carbon front bumper what is everyone using after you break your Kydex POS that associated packed with this car?

Can you adapt any other gas car's front bumper plate (like the Mugen's)?

Just one question: If the Kydex didn't break to absorb an impact, then what would break in it's place? Would that part be less expensive to replace than the Kydex piece? Would that part be less important? Think about it. Even full size cars have "sacrificial" parts in them to protect the more important parts of the car.
Old 05-16-2002, 08:03 PM
Regional Moderator

I totally agree,

But I put my old MTX-2 through the ringer last year and didn't break that bumper.

I was just wondering if their was another alternative, 'cause the thing is, I don't remember hitting anything hard enough to break it...but I guess I did
Old 05-16-2002, 08:25 PM

Kansas you don't have to hit anything very hard to break the bumper. I think they are to brittle. I made one out of .250 lexan and filled it full of 1/2 inch holes, and we have'nt broke it yet. Its really to thick but thats all I could find at the time.
Old 05-16-2002, 10:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by kansasracer
I totally agree,

But I put my old MTX-2 through the ringer last year and didn't break that bumper.

I was just wondering if their was another alternative, 'cause the thing is, I don't remember hitting anything hard enough to break it...but I guess I did
I heard that a carbonfiber replacement was being made by another vendor (don't remember who) - or as bbntc3 did, make one out of lexan (not plexiglass, too brittle). Actually, thats a pretty good idea, hmmm....hey Sydewynder, you wanna be a gerbil, I mean guinea pig?

Last edited by Babblefish; 05-16-2002 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Babblefish

I heard that a carbonfiber replacement was being made by another vendor (don't remember who) - or as bbntc3 did, make one out of lexan (not plexiglass, too brittle). Actually, thats a pretty good idea, hmmm....hey Sydewynder, you wanna be a gerbil, I mean guinea pig?

Okee I be the pig. Oink, oink. But I have to let you know I wouldn't make a good test gerbil cause I NEVER hit anything. lol

So Mr. Fish what are you going to make my new bumper out of?

Umm I already have an Impact bumper and an MTX-2 bumper ready to be hacked.
Old 05-17-2002, 03:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Sydewynder

Okee I be the pig. Oink, oink.
Aw shoot this one is to easy never mind.

Sydewynder....I got my spare diff ,thanks for your help
Old 05-17-2002, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have broken the big bumper plate too, but i dont think i still need any big bumper, as the foam one do the job too.

anyone try the rear solid axle ? i just got one and want to know how this affect the handling.
Old 05-17-2002, 06:16 AM
Regional Moderator

Yeah, I used the solid rear axle last time I raced....

I was trying to gets ready for the nats (a much bigger track than my club's track is)

The car did push into the corners more than I would have liked, but the track was a little too tight. I imagine if you raced on a bigger track (1/8 scale track) it would be useful.
Old 05-17-2002, 11:42 AM
Regional Moderator

Korgae:

I am going to race in 2 weekends...I'll let you know how it felt...

BTW...I would be what you call a hardcore racer, my stuff never sees an unprepped surface...
Old 05-17-2002, 12:22 PM

I was told the carbonfiber bumper would list for $45. Anybody else heard this? $45 will buy alot of lexan! I refuse to pay that for it!
We've played with the solid diff some , but it was on a short, tight tracks, you had to be careful exiting corners with the throttle because it wanted to spin out easier. Lap times were alittle slower but it did help the torque steer issue the car has.It seemed to make the car, track alittle better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.