Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 03:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by coastaltony
Los1Fan
I can get you the Golden Horizon (GH)
chassis.

how much would it cost??
i found one with a reasonable price...but if you could hook me up on a cheaper one that would be great
Old 11-15-2003, 08:02 AM

http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...gi?part_id=582
Old 11-15-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

my next question is..is there any chassis out there thats lighter than or equal to the stock chassis that doesnt flex??...i heard the 3racing chassis was heavier...hows the GH chassis compare??
Old 11-15-2003, 07:37 PM

BMI Gen 2 chassis is 100 grams lighter than stock, I think it's well worth the $180 price. Someone stated in past post, if your not in the top 3 drivers in your area, its not worth it. I disagree with that statement, if you want a more stable and consistant car, wether your a top 3 driver or not the chassis is worth it!
But remember... lighter is'nt necessary better, I like alittle weight and a bunch of HP. Weight is good if you have the HP to pull it.

Last edited by bbntc3; 11-15-2003 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default no

get either the rdlogics chasis , or the team hard coated chasis ,, that is ALL you need, you will never ver ever need that bmi thing,, i assure you that barry baker wil beat and OUTDRIVE any bmi using racer , simple,, do not redesign the car, i also assure you that associated had a much bigger rd dept than bmi
Old 11-15-2003, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: no

Originally posted by frank13
get either the rdlogics chasis , or the team hard coated chasis ,, that is ALL you need, you will never ver ever need that bmi thing,, i assure you that barry baker wil beat and OUTDRIVE any bmi using racer , simple,, do not redesign the car, i also assure you that associated had a much bigger rd dept than bmi
good point...maybe i'll try the team hard coated chassis...i dun think spending 180 for a chassis is worth it...top 3 or not...thnx guys
Old 11-16-2003, 08:05 AM

Delete.

Last edited by bbntc3; 11-16-2003 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all, as you can see my carb is messed up. It moves freely for some reason. when i accelerate or brake it wont respond correctly all the time because the carb would come out so no gas or less gas goes through what is wrong if you need more details just ask please answer im trying to get this car running to its perfection thank you
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-picture-001.jpg  
Old 11-16-2003, 03:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Nm i got it the screw was out of the barrel and i had to open throttle and buttom down the screw ty later all
Old 11-16-2003, 07:06 PM

Default Re: no

Originally posted by frank13
I like that! BMI Chassis was built from ideas from racers from all over who see and know what the car needs. It was'nt just drawed up on a piece of paper a punched out. There was alot of research and driving time with this chassis.
Unlike Ae who wants to make a fairly good product with as cheap of material as possible for big profits.
That's pretty much a no brainer.
How can you come to those conclusions when you don't own a BMI?? And by the way this is the correct way to spell CHASSIS.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default have you or anyone else

have you , or anyone who runs the bmi chasis , beat baker , easton or any associated driver, ---i dont think so , i just feel that , if you are a newbie , you dont need to spend 180 on a chasis that WILL NOT make you any faster than the pros,

i know a cheap way to beat anyone with a bmi chasis,,,,

practice more than him , simple, its all practice, all the hop ups in the world wont help you win if you cant drive,
Old 11-17-2003, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

Hi there all

Got a NTC3 RTR, bought a 2-speed and popped it in. But...er....the thing does not shift into second gear. Whats up !. I've tried tuning both "screws" all the way up and dow incremently, but no second gear. Help please before this car ends up against the wall.

Tarda.....the punky
Old 11-17-2003, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default 2 speed

make sure you are adjusting the BLACK screws to adjust the shift point, if you are adjusting the silver ones that will not adjust the shift point. If you accidentally were adjusting the wrong screws i would suggest taking the whole thing out of the car and rebuilding it as per the instructions say. goodluck
sb
Old 11-17-2003, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for the advice, however I did tune the black screws, the ones opposite the corresponding numbers as per the manual. I also took the whole thing apart (twice) and rebuilt it carefully. No-go

I checked everything man, from the clutch-bell and housing to the front and back diffs. My buddy has a .15 AE, we fitted that one but still no-go. He duzzint have a 2-speed though (dunno how that happened) but anyways.

Any takers ?
Old 11-17-2003, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

The 2 speed clutch shoes are very sensetive to the settings of the center screws that hold them apart from the shaft. You must follow the instructions when it comes to setting the center screws (silver), if you screw them in too tight without backing them off, you have put the shoes too close to the housing and will cause it to either shift way to soon or stuck in second gear upon take-off. Make sure you adjust the silver screws before you adjust the outer black screws that readjust your timing. If this is confusing: the center silver screws have balls at the inside thread which comes in contact with the shaft. Be careful not to over tighten those two screws. Hope this tid bit helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.