Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

OFNA LD3 pro

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 08:44 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

1.5mm, 2.0mm and 2.5mm should see you through pretty much everything on this car....
Old 03-01-2004, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nightmare...THANKS A MIL! You know why....

OK, car question. I'm going to upgrade the RTR to the best of my abilities (still don't have the funds for teh Champ, and am worried that as soon as I buy it, the US will have their version ). So, I ordered a chasis from rcmodel (I think mine was tweaked), getting the radio plate, side brace and steering servo mount from Nitrohouse this week and teh shock towers before the month is out. The question I have is on the lower arm holders. If I want to get the holders for both front and rear, exactly which pieces (and how many) will I need to order? I don't want to buy one, wait a 15 days only to find there's only one in the pack, or I need the pivot balls to go along with it.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by spenzalii

OK, car question. I'm going to upgrade the RTR to the best of my abilities (still don't have the funds for teh Champ, and am worried that as soon as I buy it, the US will have their version ). So, I ordered a chasis from rcmodel (I think mine was tweaked), getting the radio plate, side brace and steering servo mount from Nitrohouse this week and teh shock towers before the month is out. The question I have is on the lower arm holders. If I want to get the holders for both front and rear, exactly which pieces (and how many) will I need to order? I don't want to buy one, wait a 15 days only to find there's only one in the pack, or I need the pivot balls to go along with it.
The aluminum suspension mounts are sold in pairs and the pivot balls are included. You would have to buy two packs.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

great. Now is that from Nitrohouse (Ofna bagged) or overseas, like RCModel or RC Mushroom (Hong Nor)? Also, Nitrohouse has two different part numbers there. WHich do I want?
Old 03-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

great. Now is that from Nitrohouse (Ofna bagged) or overseas, like RCModel or RC Mushroom (Hong Nor)? Also, Nitrohouse has two different part numbers there. WHich do I want?
38446 is the part number you need...You can buy them from Nitro House.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

No worries

Originally posted by spenzalii So, I ordered a chasis from rcmodel[/B]
:O May of been cheaper getting all the bits from HK while you where at it..
Old 03-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Not really. The side brace and top plate were about the same. Shipping was the difference there, either wait 7-10 days or 3...

Ordered up the tray, brace and stereing servo today. May try to get the shock towers, 6 spring set, arm holders, floating body mount and whatever else I may need (spares). Any suggestions on diff fluid for a dual diff setup?
Old 03-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Thats strange how the side brace differs in price, HK - $17.33 or NH (Special price) $29.71 while the radio plate is much closer in price, $30.33 Vs $40.76..
Old 03-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

I was looking at the TC3 the other day... the only thing I wish the LD3 would have an option for is the radio tray....on the TC3 w/ removal of 4 screws you can take it out and clean the car....on my LD3 you hav to remove shoch towers and unscrew a like 10 screws to remove the radio tay for maintenance. All the while weakening the diff screw holes for the shock towers...

The rest is no contest I would choose the Ld3 over the TC3 again anyday....although I wouldn't mind if they did a mod for the radio tray removal

havy
Old 03-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by C Verano
The aluminum suspension mounts are sold in pairs and the pivot balls are included. You would have to buy two packs.
Chris are you using these? Or are they just extra weight?
Old 03-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kevink2
Chris are you using these? Or are they just extra weight?

I use them....I'm a little hard on the plastic mounts.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by C Verano
I use them....I'm a little hard on the plastic mounts.
Thanks, I'll add them to the "list".
Old 03-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

I have found this to be the best weakest link in the suspension, I have yet to break other parts, turnbuckles or arms thanks to these giving way.

I know I shouldn't think about crahing but I find it easier to repair this than have to repair a arm or turnbuckle

havy
Old 03-01-2004, 06:56 PM
sup
Tech Addict

havy, been thinking of getting the aluminum arm mounts too.. but, really thinking about it. you are right, its easier to replace the arm mounts than the arms. so, i think ill be just getting the uprights and pro arms. the only things i break are the arm mounts which are mostly in the rear part. have not broken any front parts yet (knock on wood).. and the pivot ball popped out of the upright (bulkhead). thats all.. have no plans of hopping up my standard kit yet as it performs well, just need to practice my driving skills! hehe! ever notice that whenyou have a hard crash nothings breaks, but a tap on a board breaks the arm mounts weird..
Old 03-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

You could always go the MC Nylon arms I don't know what breaks then but it would be interesting <grin>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.