Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 01:19 AM
Tech Regular

I just want to know if anyone else ran into the same error.

In the step of the RR assembly instructions where you assemble the rear gearbox, did it tell you to use the bag number that contained the "FRONT" gearbox sprue and parts?

I've noticed that there are a couple if not more errors in the assembly instructions of the RR.

I've been told that Kyosho is notorious for erroneous assembly instructions.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Tech Regular

hey guys.looking at buying a fw05t to race in the pullstart class.how do they compare to the ntc3's? also will all the r and rr bits fit for hop ups?

thanks
Old 07-12-2005, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ch4dwick
...I've been told that Kyosho is notorious for erroneous assembly instructions.
Just forget it, so long as you've got pieces for a car.

And moot, the FW05 T is a great car to go with. Fully upgradeable to RR status (which I would suggest for racing... not too expensive) and I'd look into changing some of the T's shortcuts in the drivetrain.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

thanks,what are the upgrades that need to be done.imainly race on pretty slippery concrete with rubber.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default Looking for bloggers writers.

Hello,

I've recently started a local r/c site in my country. I am looking for people who are interested in sharing their ideas, reviews, howtos, tips, blogs on the R/C hobby. Please PM me or email [email protected] if you're interested in signing up. Registration is free.

The site's address is http://www.pinoypitstop.com/
It also has a forum: http://forum.pinoypitstop.com/

You can write about anything related to r/c ranging from advice on caring for your kit, tuning, set ups or even product announcements and product reviews.

You don't have to be a local to write an article.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just out of curiousity from a beginner: Why are you sticking with electric? It costs more in the long run. At least that's the way I see it.
I started with electric and that is what I have always raced. I enjoy it more than nitro. Plus nitro in my area isn't that big there is only usually about 10 to15 guys a race day.
KT
Old 07-12-2005, 05:11 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is more realistic. hehehe... Somehow I find it hard to believe that kits of equal quality and good reputation cannot outdo each other to the minute level. Eventually it all boils down to the man and not the machine -- chuck yaeger.
Yep an example of that is the fact that the fastest cars at the local track are FT NTC3's with mostly stock parts. Far inferior cars compared to the Kyosho's but in the right hands, brutally fast.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

This line isn't clear to me:

The one in bold.
The racing lines on the track, it is too different from a belt cars racing lines.
On some corners that's a good thing but my track has too many corners where I loose out to a belt car, mainly those low to mid speed corners where the drag on the belts help to turn the car.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by moot
thanks,what are the upgrades that need to be done.imainly race on pretty slippery concrete with rubber.
Fit a front diff with 50k oil and put 600wt shock oil in the rear diff.
Change the front hubs to the RRR 0 degree ones.
And if you can afford it change the diff rings to the 37T Machined Steel ones.
I run mine on Sorex 36 tyres with Echo J4430S inserts, car is loose for 2/3 laps but then it really comes on form.
FW05 cars are the best for use on Rubber tyres.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Rookie

what kind of receiver battery do you guys run? I mean kyoshos NiCd is a joke with 600mAh.
what will fit? 5 AA cell flat pack?

and will a ASS/Thunder Tiger start box work with the FW-05?

Last edited by omni; 07-12-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by omni
what kind of receiver battery do you guys run? I mean kyoshos NiCd is a joke with 600mAh.
what will fit? 5 AA cell flat pack?

and will a ASS/Thunder Tiger start box work with the FW-05?
Skyline has a 1400mAh pack that's perfect:

http://www.skylinercracing.com/store/P_20.htm
Old 07-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Clegg
Yep an example of that is the fact that the fastest cars at the local track are FT NTC3's with mostly stock parts. Far inferior cars compared to the Kyosho's but in the right hands, brutally fast.
Well I wouldn't say inferior. After all, I believe it's american made. We are talking about the Team associated NTC3, right? I'm somewhat of an admirer of the NTC3 myself. Before I bought my kyosho I was given the choice to buy a brand new ntc3 (pre assembled, unfortunately ) and a brand new fw-05rr. Since I couldn't decide based on technicalities I just let a little bit of subjectivity sink in. I found the fw-05rr cooler and mean looking than the ntc3. Being the bad-a$$ that I am, I chose it, of course.

But the the master R/Cer of our tracks has lead the nitro scene in my city with his ntc3 leaving the rest of the fw-05rr die-hards breathing his smoke. There are 2-3 RR owners here (excluding me) and 2-3 more RRR owners and yet it's still hard to beat this guy.

As you've said, in the right hands it can kick butt!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:07 AM
Tech Adept

Default Stripped Bevel and Ring Gear

Hi guys,

Needed to know - is it required to shim the optioned steel bevel gears (the ones that connect the center shaft to the ring gears) I just chipped off one of the gears on 1, last race. I assumed you only have to shim the ori aluminium ones and that you don't have to on the steel version. Checked and found there is freeplay (front and back) on the connecting shaft where the two bearings and bevel gear sits. Is there supposed to be free play?

Thanks

Jason
Old 07-14-2005, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by coldfusion
Hi guys,

Needed to know - is it required to shim the optioned steel bevel gears (the ones that connect the center shaft to the ring gears) I just chipped off one of the gears on 1, last race. I assumed you only have to shim the ori aluminium ones and that you don't have to on the steel version. Checked and found there is freeplay (front and back) on the connecting shaft where the two bearings and bevel gear sits. Is there supposed to be free play?

Thanks

Jason
Instructions say not to, but I did.
I put shims between the 2 bearings to reduce the play (but not too many), then I shimmed the diff to the right meshing.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What can you guys say about Kyosho FW-05RR ?? Will you recomend the car or what ? I'm right now racing my Mugen MTX-3, but I have always liked cardans, sow I was thinkin if the car was good and all that. Change to a RR. Let me know your impressions of the car.

Thanks,
Juan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.