Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by NiMo
RRR rear hubs need a different set up, strange thing is, I can now go from Foam to Rubber to Wets with no set up changes front or rear.
I use -10 on Steering curve, just makes straight line overtaking a little easier (less nervous) and I have steering lock and brake adjusment set in to the 2 dials (KO Esprit II) so they can be adjusted while racing using just one finger without looking.
may i ask what was your setup again nimo i remember you saying your rear toe was 1.5 and camber being something like 2. but your also said you had to double it when running foams.

i didnt change much when i installed the RRR hubs in just lessen the front and rear cambers by 1 deg. i cant really say there was any benifits either but i did put it on a setup jig and found i had much more steering lock.

anyone wanna update on there setups?
Old 11-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My front tires wear even. If you need more steering, then more front camber is a way to get that at the cost of the front tires coning a little. It's perfectly fine to have different settings left to right. I was looking at the worlds setup from Josh Cyrul and Adrien Bertin and noticed that they used 42 shore tires on the right side and 40 on the left. Adrien even used 45 on his right rear. What I'm saying is so long as you are faster with it and the car is consistent over a long period f time then you should do it.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default blade swaybar (anti-roll) settings

could someone please give me a quick tutorial on properly adjusting this.

i understand that the angle is the adjustment, but what about the length that sticks out of the anti-roll bar mounts.

and what's the procedure for making the adjustment.

thanks
Old 11-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

I have just moved the battery pack forward to the steering servo (in that space next to gearbox below transponder holder) and although the track was damp today I felt I had more power on steering and better turn in, and for a change I didn't have to kick the rear out to get the car to turn (normal damp track problem).
Will let you know about dry weather performance when I next see a dry track, maybe March/April time.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:00 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
My front tires wear even. If you need more steering, then more front camber is a way to get that at the cost of the front tires coning a little. It's perfectly fine to have different settings left to right. I was looking at the worlds setup from Josh Cyrul and Adrien Bertin and noticed that they used 42 shore tires on the right side and 40 on the left. Adrien even used 45 on his right rear. What I'm saying is so long as you are faster with it and the car is consistent over a long period f time then you should do it.
I now run tyres according to the wear, I will often run one 35 front one 37 front one 37 rear and up to one 42 rear. This is on low bite tracks. This can also help overcome large camber difference left to right. There is no rule that says you must run the same shore all round.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

Just sent off payment for FW05RR conversion kit.
Not sure how long Japanese deliveries take to the UK.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks Racing4evo, ill try a harder shore on the left side next weekend then saves me switching them around after every heat

nice idea there nimo i just had a look though and thought to myself i cant be bothered! but was curious how you've done it. have you got pics? do you still use the old plastic battery holder?

also guys, i notice in the mtx-3 thread one of the guys mentioned that hes car is running much faster with the camber links mounted flat (level with the ground) or horizontal. mine are at a 35-40 degree angle.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:04 AM
Shop Owner

Default FW-05RR and Conversion kit

We have received FW-05RR kit and Conversion kit. If you guys are interesting to order this, please mail to [email protected].

Masa
Old 12-01-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

I have just moved the battery pack forward to the steering servo (in that space next to gearbox below transponder holder) and although the track was damp today I felt I had more power on steering and better turn in, and for a change I didn't have to kick the rear out to get the car to turn (normal damp track problem).
Will let you know about dry weather performance when I next see a dry track, maybe March/April time.
You got a pick NiMo?

Thanks
Old 12-01-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Just sent off payment for FW05RR conversion kit.
Not sure how long Japanese deliveries take to the UK.
where did you order from?
Old 12-01-2004, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by franknitty69
where did you order from?
proshop futaba
Old 12-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.pro-s-futaba.co.jp/

Highly recommended.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys!

I was following your conversation for some time and have read the whole thread but now I have some trouble with understanding why the conversion kit is available at such a good ("low") price.

When i get it right from Pro-Shop the Kit includes all parts on the photo. But when i sum up all the prices i come to about 14000 Yen. Now i suppose the price for the suspensions shafts should be 500 and not 5200 and i get the stated 8700 Yen. Next the shop gives a discount to 6400 Yen. The next statement is somewhat unreadable, what does it means?

Can someone give me advice how to order and pay correctly? I only shopped at RCmart and used their shopping-system and paid by paypal.

Nimo, do you know how much postage is to europe at this shop?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for bad english!

Robert
Old 12-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: FW-05RR and Conversion kit

Originally posted by Masa
We have received FW-05RR kit and Conversion kit. If you guys are interesting to order this, please mail to [email protected].

Masa
hou much?
Old 12-01-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

2x conversion kits (5120 yen each) +post and packing comes just under £71.00 (€103.00)
I sent e-mail to them stating what I want, they sent e-mail back with the cost and paypal address, I confirmed order and sent payment to paypal, they replied with EMS tracking number.
It's that simple.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.