Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rossb
Are these HPI threaded competition shocks heavier than the stock plastic shocks?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLMD7&P=7

My ride is currently overweight (over 1800g with a Stratus body) and I do not want to add any more weight. I already have the super chassis, light weight shafts, light weight 2-speed, graphite towers, light weight battery pack, and no battery box.

Are these shocks a worthwhile upgrade?
Sure. Smoother operation.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I wanted to wish all of my R40 and HPI buddies a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!....
Old 12-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Harry, right back at you.[FONT="Impact"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharry
I wanted to wish all of my R40 and HPI buddies a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!....
Same to you, Harry. Enjoy the holidays, buddy!
Old 12-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey

Merry Christmas... I thought this car was done and dusted?????
Old 12-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hooked_on
Hey

Merry Christmas... I thought this car was done and dusted?????

not for me....I have beaten racers with newer cars every year...Since the same cars are out there for the upcoming season, I see no reason to switch......

in fact, the same applys for my PRO 4....
Old 12-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastharry
not for me....I have beaten racers with newer cars every year...Since the same cars are out there for the upcoming season, I see no reason to switch......

in fact, the same applys for my PRO 4....
Hi FastHarry

Thanks for your reply... I know you have been very loyal with the R40 right from the start. I have built a couple now but never had much luck with them in the end. I remember having trouble with the steering rack on returning to centre for a start...

I guess no car will ever be perfect, but the R40 can still be bought new here and i the right hands will still be very competitive. I have bee trying to decide if i will get a NTC3 or R40 just to be different!
Old 01-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
Gee you are hilarious. Shame that the Mugen came in BEHIND the R40 in 2003 and 2004 ROAR nats. Perhaps you need to change the Mugen for the R40?
AMGRacer:

Hehehehehehe... Look what i found, In the end look who changed to the Mugen and now he just plays with some type of battery operated toy

See you soon Alan!

BB
Old 02-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi my friends

Any notice about The R50?
I believe that the Hot Bodies still have in project a new nitro TC.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by schlickmann
Hi my friends

Any notice about The R50?
I believe that the Hot Bodies still have in project a new nitro TC.
That would be great. I did talk to the HPI and Hot Bodies guys at the last HPI Challenge and they said there was nothing planned or in the works presently for a new gas touring car. They told me that the company was following with market trends and that they would produce another gas car if the class started to gain popularity again.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
That would be great. I did talk to the HPI and Hot Bodies guys at the last HPI Challenge and they said there was nothing planned or in the works presently for a new gas touring car. They told me that the company was following with market trends and that they would produce another gas car if the class started to gain popularity again.
I didn't know the class loss popularity. If, anything, electric touring has loss popularity. At least, it has in this region (northeast).
Old 02-07-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy

I don't know how they can ignore the fact that not only has every MFG continued touring car, but some are hard at work making all new designs. I

That to me is a market trend..What HPI should have said is that they can't make money on a touring car, and make more money on LARGER more popular market trends....

No Matter to me........I'm still gonna run my R40 and PRO 4....
Old 02-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Well, if you look at the three largest marketed brands (HPI, Traxxas, and AE), none of them have an updated nitro touring. The "newest" one is the R40, and even that is old (in RC years).
Old 02-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by the-one1
Well, if you look at the three largest marketed brands (HPI, Traxxas, and AE), none of them have an updated nitro touring. The "newest" one is the R40, and even that is old (in RC years).
Well, Traxxas cannot be considered since they never had a Pro level nitro touring car. The class of car is not dictated by the largest marketed brands that your naming. That would have to be Kyosho, Serpent, Mugen and now Xray. These companies have continued, un-interrupted, to produce new advances in technology for their cars. Nitro touring is strong in the rc industry. The desire for these kits haven't waivered. I believe the companies you mentioned have just decided to chase the new craze - big off-road vehicles a.k.a. current "market trends". Its not about being able to make any money on a touring car (the cars would definitely sell) - its about making more money on a large off-road vehicle.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Well, Traxxas cannot be considered since they never had a Pro level nitro touring car. The class of car is not dictated by the largest marketed brands that your naming. That would have to be Kyosho, Serpent, Mugen and now Xray. These companies have continued, un-interrupted, to produce new advances in technology for their cars. Nitro touring is strong in the rc industry. The desire for these kits haven't waivered. I believe the companies you mentioned have just decided to chase the new craze - big off-road vehicles a.k.a. current "market trends". Its not about being able to make any money on a touring car (the cars would definitely sell) - its about making more money on a large off-road vehicle.
Boy, I wish I lived in your area. Here in Southern California, we lost 2 of 3 permanent on road gas tracks in the past couple of years. The trend here went to 1/8 scale gas, then tapered off as racers went to off road 1/8. In fact, they covered up one of the on road tracks to convert it to off road. That was a sad day.

fastharry, I hear you. HPI has stepped back from the "racing" scene. They have brought the Hot Bodies brand in for there hard core racers. The hot bodies guys said that a 200mm gas chassis is not out of the question, just not on the near horizon. Maybe the recent success of there new 1/8 scale off road chassis will hurry things along, but until then, I'll keep racing my 2 R40's just like you. Heck, with the HPI challenge races continuing this year, the R40's will be the hot ticket since they will be allowing ALL of the nitro chasses to race together. Even with the spec tire, I think there will be no contest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.