HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

thanks guys ill buy a better motor later for racing. still cold here .
im going to use this for practice . ill get a better motor and pipe later next month .
Old 04-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LORD SHADO
thanks guys ill buy a better motor later for racing. still cold here .
Check out the jlr red dot .12 ofna/picco motor. From what I saw last sunday this motor is to the wall , it looks like a stock motor and costs only $180 shipped.

But worry not, only understand this. Bashing turns into boredom. Get into racing before its too late and you dont dig this stuff. Racing is what has made this fun , otherwise your just playing with yourself.

I feel bad for bashers , they try to find fun in something that isnt. Racing is what is fun , bashing is just plain.....lonesome. If there isnt a track organize one. The hobby needs tracks and people racing. Just imagine playing ps2 , its fun and all that but when you have people on the track to actually race with , thats when it becomes addictive and competitive. Like xbox live.

Dont be scared , racers are like family they want noobs to join in and will help you greatly. Dont feel dumb cause we all once were , find a track and get to it. Youll be amazed at the difference and fun you can have actually running the car on a track or confinement with others. This is what pushes your tuning and abilites , running in the street is just plain a waste of money , racing on a track is just plain fun.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

A.I. I have to agree with you on most of your points, I tend to prefer bashing with friends a bit more then spending the day at the track I find both to be loads of fun but I also like to run my rides and well sitting on the side lines waiting for your heat is not exactly my idea of loads of fun, now don't get me wrong I really do enjoy racing but I got my start in this hobby bashing in the street with a couple of friends 20 some odd years ago and I still find it to be very enjoyable way to pass a few hours and help tune my ride for the track and just generally keep the rust from building up between visits to the track.

I got to admit thou nothing gets you to improve you driving faster then spending some time at the track avoiding the boards and trying to maintain a good clean line around the track, speed will come later first you must be consistent and avoid wreaking and pick to fast guys brains for setup info and anything else you can get out of them, well except for financial info but you get my point.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Each to their own, but personally I agree with A.I. I occasionally run my car at the local netball courts to test out new settings/parts/etc, but by the time the tank is empty I'm falling asleep. On the other hand when I race the final feels like it's over in the blink of an eye

A.I. what pinions do you have for sale? Are they the hara pitch (32??) or the coloured ones for the standard kit? I've got the 20/25 tooth that comes in the hara kit but want to gear down a bit for our tight track
Old 04-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Dont get me wrong. I used to be a basher too and quit the hobby basically for awhile because of it , then finally got up the gull to enter a race and it was like why didnt I do this earlier.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Tech Adept

Red face

i havent raced in about 5 years at a track ,i need some practice first with a cheap motor.(I got to admit thou nothing gets you to improve you driving faster then spending some time at the track avoiding the boards and trying to maintain a good clean line around the track, speed will come later first you must be consistent and avoid wreaking and pick to fast guys brains for setup info and anything else you can get out of them, ) good info guys.

what store has this red dot motor--JLR .12 Red-Dot Non-Pull Start
PART #51124

i always like to buy a cheap motor so i can mod it with the good old dremel. he he smooth out those vent in the piston cyclinder . some old rc mag showed how to do this with pics. the smoother the air flow the faster it will go.
also i have the hudy break in station. the first one that cost alot ,now its 99 bucks. best way to tune a motor and get dead good smooth running..
http://www.nitrohouse.com/eng,_ofna_picco.htm has the red dot for 179.00
Old 04-06-2007, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

have you seen this http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLNY1&P=7

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLNX9&P=7

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNDH6&P=7
i gotta get this guys
Old 04-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Oooooooh, pretttttyyyy!!

Its eye candy. I have also seen fuel line covers that look like braided lines too.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Talking Exhaust System

Exhaust System - what do you reconmmend
Old 04-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LORD SHADO
Exhaust System - what do you reconmmend
Skyline VR12 Plus , best exhaust all around works well with probably every motor on the market.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

know anywhere to get them cheap?
Old 04-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CraigM
Try here... http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com/home.htm

I think they are out of stock for another week or so because of the Mugen race coming up. But I know Sam is getting some in soon, just give him a call and see when his next shipment arives.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM

kamikaze has them but they are out of stock

PRO HOBBY has them cheaper....and they are in stock..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Skyline-VR12-Plu...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Hmm need somewhere that ships internationally
Old 04-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

pm A.i. he maybe can do something for you :P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.