Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PoPRC
How do you edit your posts? If it seems like my srvos don't hold then your right its probably a good Idea to replace them.
in your own posts you make you should have a little edit box next to pm and quote, just select it and change what ever you need to.
when i first changed to a better than standard i found that the car was much easier to drive quickly without the delay in steering input, and i'm never going back a standard servo for the throttle should be fine, even so i upgraded mine too. ( its like a desiese )
Old 05-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

6 hrs later and the car is assembled. wohoo!!
Have to say the instructions suck but HPI has done a really good with the way the R40 goes together.
fastharry- the car did have a one way. Now I just need to get the 4 gear conversion for the rear. Also I have some bearings left over? Any ideas?
Old 05-28-2006, 03:29 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

what size are the bearings?.....I would run the car as is..with the 2 gear diff.....Glad you like the car....its the first time I've ever sold any of my cars..
Old 05-28-2006, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

car is in excellent hands. There is 5 bearing left over ,1 flanged like in the steering, two that looks like they were supposed to go in the rear diff, 1 really thin one and 1 regular. I'll take a pic later.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Probably some clutch bearings or did you install that already. Also there are like 4-5 bearings that go into the steering assembly. The instructions say use the plastic but you gotta kinda know thats when you pop in some of those real small bearings.

Rear diff bearings are the biggest bearings , same size as the fronts.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

my manual shows bearings inside the diff,where the o-rings go?
Old 05-28-2006, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/in...0/R40-P17o.jpg - Part 13? I dont see anything. You had me worried...lol. Im like crap I missed that?
Old 05-28-2006, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Whoa thats freaky, now I see what you mean. Your looking at the 6811 part on the side right. It does look like a bearing , but thats the o-ring.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Question- Can someone please examine how the sway bar cam adjusters works?
Old 05-29-2006, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

ok someone showed me this at the pre-worlds, and if im wrong please correct me. When you measure your droop at the front, you may find that when the swaybar is active it raises one side higher or lower than the other, even though when you set it up without the swaybar and shocks it was equal, if you then turn the cam with everything on it will adjust that side to compensate for the difference so you get equal droop either side.

I hope this helps and thats a nice car you have there.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Seems to me I will be getting another R40. Need a car to run at one track and the other setup for strict racing. My friend needs practice and running the 8th is not gonna help. He gets scared when I lap him...lol. Time to go help out all the other guys on the other forums too LOL.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default about the hpi hara edition 'r40'.

he peoplezzz.

i'm new in this forum, and would like to ask a question.
it's about the r40 hara edition, it is quite new in my country, and i'm thinking of bying the kit.
It look's really cool, but i just need some more info/ advice, and many of you people allready have this car, is it the money worth? the kit?
does it go fast? and what are the good things about it, and what not?
At my local rc store, offcourse they say 'yeah buy this car, it's the money worth, but he, that's sell talking .
So before i walk into a trap , i want youre advices about it.
Speak to you all later.

StEvE
Old 06-01-2006, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by steven w
he peoplezzz.

it's about the r40 hara edition, it is quite new in my country, and i'm thinking of bying the kit.
It look's really cool, but i just need some more info/ advice, and many of you people allready have this car, is it the money worth? the kit?
At my local rc store, offcourse they say 'yeah buy this car, it's the money worth, but he, that's sell talking .
Speak to you all later.

StEvE
It's a great car. It won the ROAR nationals 2 years in a row. Those that have the Hara 2005 say its even better then before. If your local shop carries parts for the car, I say go for it. Now that you have found this thread, come back and ask any questions if you decide to get it.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by steven w
he peoplezzz.

Speak to you all later.

StEvE
My typical advice to people as to which car kit to get is, get the one you like the look of. If you are fairly new to racing then as long as you get a top level kit you should do equally well with all of them. The pick of the crop in my opinion is the Mugen MTX4, Kyosho V1RRR and the R40. There are a few other good cars out there as well but they are my picks.

Now you are not going to get people on this forum telling you that the R40 is a bad kit of course, same as if you went onto another thread. But to be fair if you buy any of the cars I mentioned above you will be very satisfied.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Picked up the Mugen clutch today. Anyone know where I can get instructions. The car should hit the track in a weeks time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.