HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 03:04 AM
Tech Rookie

brett, were you using a modified 12TZ or a standard one?
Old 04-07-2006, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hew brett and AMG.....how are those 05's running.....and do you (still) see a big difference between the new and old cars?...it's almost nitro season here....and I plan a full summer of racing with the r40....
Old 04-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

Hello all,

My first nitro race of this season is sunday and I am having a little trouble. The car is lagging on take off for some reason, It's not engaging first gear until I get deep into the rev range, it feels like it's in neutral. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks
Old 04-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vulso
Hello all,

My first nitro race of this season is sunday and I am having a little trouble. The car is lagging on take off for some reason, It's not engaging first gear until I get deep into the rev range, it feels like it's in neutral. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks
loosen the clutch nut.....
they are notorious for tightening themselves up... some people find a good setting and then use loctite on it..
Old 04-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

how loose should I go? I put a mugen spring in there to try and help and it made it worse. The instruction setup just leads me to more trouble!
Old 04-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Tech Master

how loose should I go? I put a mugen spring in there to try and help and it made it worse. The instruction setup just leads me to more trouble!
there is no set setting.. I always adjusted mine in between runs. you can adjust it through the clutch bell.... I usually go 1/4 a turn then try it..... you should notice a difference right away..
Old 04-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

sounds like the mugen spring is going to make it engage harder..
Old 04-08-2006, 01:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default help

hi can anybody help i cant seem to get my rc started its brand new and has not yet been broken in im new to all this HELP thanks all/is it possible to tell is the glow start is working rite or if ive just got a faulty 1
Old 04-08-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Onnetz. This is the wierd part, I have done what you suggested and adjusted it to the point where it wouldn't adjust anymore and it didn't solve the problem? This is the situation I'm in now?

Originally Posted by onnetz
there is no set setting.. I always adjusted mine in between runs. you can adjust it through the clutch bell.... I usually go 1/4 a turn then try it..... you should notice a difference right away..
Old 04-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Gotta love the r40 clutch.

Try scoring the CB and clutch pad with sand paper. That should help.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Onnetz. This is the wierd part, I have done what you suggested and adjusted it to the point where it wouldn't adjust anymore and it didn't solve the problem? This is the situation I'm in now?
might be time to replace the shoes and or the disc.. you could try adding another shim to make up for whats worn away..

how much of a gap do you have?
Old 04-08-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Gotta love the r40 clutch.

Try scoring the CB and clutch pad with sand paper. That should help.

Tell me about it! Everything else about the car works really well.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by onnetz
might be time to replace the shoes and or the disc.. you could try adding another shim to make up for whats worn away..

how much of a gap do you have?
Onnetz, my gap is set per instuctions and is real close to it. I am using extra shims to get it though. But, there is some play side to side on the clutch? I have new parts coming for the clutch. I tried to set the clutch according to the instructions but I'm just running out of adjustments to get it to work right. Would pics help?
Old 04-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Onnetz, my gap is set per instuctions and is real close to it. I am using extra shims to get it though. But, there is some play side to side on the clutch? I have new parts coming for the clutch. I tried to set the clutch according to the instructions but I'm just running out of adjustments to get it to work right. Would pics help?
is everything new or does the clutch have time on it?

also could you notice a difference at all when you loosened the clutch nut?
Old 04-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Bring the gap as close together as possible. It should basically barely move back and forth.

But yeah you gotta score that CB with sandpaper. Its probably glazed now along with the clutch pad. This will bring them back to there original grabbiness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.