Old 07-28-2005, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

So it didnt come like this???

Old 07-28-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ontheroad
Yeah we assembled that part what there is no one way in it and it has to be preasembled. But there is a point that in this page of manuel(In parts list at the left column) it shows #87082 like it has no one way in it.

here's the tech description off of towers web site.....

so I guess HPI owes you one bearing.....

NOTES FROM OUR TECH DEPARTMENT
This is the Stock 2-Speed Clutch Hub for the HPI R40 Kit.
This part is attached on the main shaft against the spur gears.

FEATURES: Purple anodized aluminum

INCLUDES: One hub with pre-installed oneway bearing(OOOOPSIE!!!!!!)

REQUIRES: Nothing. This is a direct replacement part.

COMMENTS: This part is specific to the HPI R40.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hesky
So it didnt come like this???

When I got my first R40, I worked for a local hobby shop, and have been in the sport for 12 - 14 years prior. But when I started my build on the R40, and went to assemble the 2 speed, the one way bearing fell out of that hub, that it's suppose to be pressed into. It took over a month for HPI to either answer the phone and or get me the new part. Luckily a friend of mine owns a machine shop, and made me a nice custom one. That alone pissed me off about HPI, since I even called as a hobby shop. Customer support from HPI = F

sorry to say, but I wish everyone had customer support like Traxxas.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:05 AM
Tech Addict

And yes, I'll post the pics of the custom one that I ran, and placed in 3rd, "A" main at Full Throttle Speedway (were the 2004 Ifmar Worlds where held at for the electric, 250 Ft straights) Turkey shoot...

Would have missed that race, if I waited on HPI...
Old 07-28-2005, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

just a quick question about the lightweight JP clutch bell, is it a straight swap with the stock r40 clutch bell?
Nope - It is a direct MTX3 replacement. The R40 0.8 gears DO fit though. So overall, you will need:
- MTX-3 clutchbell bearings
- MTX-3 thrust bearing
- MTX-3 flywheel nut
- MTX-3 screw that holds the clutchbell. thrust bearing, etc.

I went ahead and purchased the entire MTX-3 clutch assembly for about $50. It was cheaper than buying all this stuff seprately.

I'll be testing it next weekend !!
Old 07-28-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

I'll also be testing my new CVEC Pipe too! Thanks Joe.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the reply John, so just to clarify the thrust bearings come with the kit right? will you be using the mtx flywheel or the r40.

cheers
Old 07-28-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah the one way in that part is missing. It must be tight assembled but there is a quality control mistake i think. We purchased a new part i wish it would not come without one way. Actually that one way can be found from industry or from shop selling like bearing stuff,etc .
Old 07-28-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

another thing regarding the magnesium...Are there any different grades i should pay attention to? Also i've seen a site thats sells magnesium alloy. So whats the difference from the pure stuff and the alloy. Is magnesium stiffer or at least have the same strength and stiffeness as the 7000+(dunno the exact) rated super chassi. Cause apparently there is only one grade i could purchase in sheet from...out of two(from this one site i found). Are there supposed to be more cause i know alum has a lot of different grades. Also if u could find/know of other sites it'll be appriciated.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

back to an old post....

amg racer what lower rear upper mounts did u use? Cause i need new ones and might as well try sumtin new.

i looked at the ones gpm and 3 racing makes... there both cheap and the gpm looks more lw than the 3 racing ones because it looks like the 3 racing ones copied the plastic ones exactly but gpm went into a new design.
the gpm ones
and the 3 racing ones
again i cant find a pair that costs 46$ was it made by hpi?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I got the 3racing ones they are just like stock. I believe he did get the hpi ones. Those gpm ones look crazy though im guessing lighter than the 3racing.

I would have installed mine but didnt want to as the weight was quite a bit more and the plastic is sitting right on the chassis for some support. So I figured it wouldnt be that bad....but I might give them a try since some of you guys seem to think they help.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the reply John, so just to clarify the thrust bearings come with the kit right? will you be using the mtx flywheel or the r40.

cheers

Hesky - Sorry about that - I will use the R40 flywheel which has a slightly different offset than the MTX-3. You might be able to get by using the MTX-3 flywheel though - I'll study that further.

The R40 and MTX-3 clutch shoe pins in the flywheel are different pitch so when you use a Mugen clutch shoe and a R40 flywheel, you have to ream out the clutch shoe holes a little so they slide freely on the pins.

MTX-3 clutch kit comes with two clutch bearings AND the thrust bearing, flywheel plus more. Pretty much everything you need.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JAG Racing
I'll also be testing my new CVEC Pipe too! Thanks Joe.

My pleasure... You'll love it...
Old 07-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JAG Racing
Hesky - Sorry about that - I will use the R40 flywheel which has a slightly different offset than the MTX-3. You might be able to get by using the MTX-3 flywheel though - I'll study that further.

The R40 and MTX-3 clutch shoe pins in the flywheel are different pitch so when you use a Mugen clutch shoe and a R40 flywheel, you have to ream out the clutch shoe holes a little so they slide freely on the pins.

MTX-3 clutch kit comes with two clutch bearings AND the thrust bearing, flywheel plus more. Pretty much everything you need.
ah excellent you answered a question i hadn't even asked yet
well I've got the grey and red mugen shoes ready to try out, my plan was to mod both to fit the r40 fly and run the jp bell once it comes, but now I think I'm gonna save the red shoe and jp bell for when I get the mtx clutch set and mod the grey one to replace the crap plastic r40 shoe. I sort of do things all Irish and backwards, if i see it on offer I snap it up

Cheers
Old 07-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow

yeah the reason i want to get a new one besides stock is i need one anyway because i tightened down the screw that hold them to the chassi too much causing the to bend inwards away from the chassi. So it doesnt sit flat against it but i might pick up a couple more things as well. Might as well try something new. Any good ideas for sumtin to get overseas.. might as well do it now then wait and pay more shipping...Also around how much is shipping for u guys overseas from Asia and more specifically Hong Kong. Also is rcmart, rcmode,l and rcmushroom reliable and ok to buy from? Oh yea the new 2 speed shoes... I have one ques about them.. why are they so stiff and brittle i mean shouldn't it be like the clutch shoe at least... the shoes are stiffer than most the parts on the car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.