Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hesky
Anyone done business with these peeps b4?

Thanks for your help Artificial-I, In the uk we run an outlaw class that allows you to run any .12 motor, no limits.
This is the newly made track I will be racing on mostly.

Cheers
RODY for sure then. Heck or if you really want a screamer. Get a murnan modified mugen x12. I hear those are really nice.

Also the RDlogic pipe is sweet. I have one and love it and the sound it makes.

Get the Turbo II Outlaw

Part # 61217
Old 06-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Hi, I'm for sure gettin the turbo 2 pipe as I've seen to many recommendation to ignore, sure the outlaw will run even better than the legal one to.

I'm finding it very hard to track down a dealer (definitely gettin the motor from outside the uk now) for the Murnan modded Mugen's you mention or a NS12S5 hot mod motor or even the modded novas by JP.
Any places have them for sale?

Cheers
Old 06-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

http://murnanmodified.com/ I think he sells them right off the website. Exspensive though.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I didn't get rid of all the slop persay but going from center to left and back to center there is no slop. Going from center to left there is a small bit coming back to center but I'm suspecting that that is the servo( hitec 645mg). Its only off center by a fem mm's though barley even noticible. So whens the 2005 kit coming out?

For the Rb's checkout acehardwarehobbies.com. They might ship to europe.
Rc-mushroom.com sells the novas.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nsxshogun
Well I didn't get rid of all the slop persay but going from center to left and back to center there is no slop. Going from center to left there is a small bit coming back to center but I'm suspecting that that is the servo( hitec 645mg). Its only off center by a fem mm's though barley even noticible. So whens the 2005 kit coming out?

For the Rb's checkout acehardwarehobbies.com. They might ship to europe.
Rc-mushroom.com sells the novas.
I think its out already? Maybe thats just the pro4. But it should be coming out as well the hara here as im sure youve seen.

Ill check hpiracing in a little bit and let you know. Luckily I can read japanese.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
http://murnanmodified.com/ I think he sells them right off the website. Exspensive though.
Yeah, just like most modded motors I guess, but from what ive read Murnan is the daddy for nova tuned motors.
I'm starting to doubt my wallet can budget for a modded engine after looking at a few! can the rody tuned engine's be snagged for less?

Cheers
Old 06-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yea 370 is a little steep for a motor. The rody probally makes adaquate power for about 40bux cheaper.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

NOOOOO

I just finished my lola but I ain't got no good stickers.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hesky
Hi guys, Massive thread!!

Actually new to this forum, picked up a new R40 kit for 99 UK bucks over the weekend, HPI Europe seem to be feeling pretty generous this summer
This will be my 1st competition nitro kit, the weekend racing was left to my electrics before I had a massive break from racing.
Well basically I'm just less the engine and can’t decide between the usual suspects below.

Novarossi NSR12 S5 with RDL turbo t-pipe + manifold
RB V12 5P Rody with matchin RB inline t-pipe + manifold

I can get the Rossi for £140 (about $260) a good $100 less than the rody in the UK (anywhere cheaper ouside the uk?). I really wouldn’t mind a rody tuned motor but I’ve read that the nsr12 is a bit of a beast to.
Also I was wondering what’s the difference is between the power delivery of a 3 port compared to a 5 port, am I right in going for a 5 port setup?

Cheers
Hesky
Hey,
thats alot of money and power for a first nitro kit. not to doubt you or anything but have you ran nitro before? .. if not then you might want to think about getting a good cheaper motor to start out with.. the os .12tz comes to mind, if you like that and have no problems then you could sell it and move onto something more top end...
I did electric for a while then moved on to nitro and it seems to take quite a bit more patience at times.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Look into getting the RD Logics R3 (Turbo) 199US or the HPI Nitro Star Pro .12XS 130US
Old 06-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Just been chattin to Uriah Murnan and he says the reason why he mods the X12 and likes them so much is because the piston is CNC, not Microcast. Thinkin about it a lot of people mod the straight ns (CNC piston) not the nsr (MC). could the difference in piston construction be the reason? sort of puts me off the nsr12.
Murnan mod X12 is 3 port right? I'm thinkin a Rody 5 port motor will be out and out faster as I'm not concerned with legalities. not sure if your referring to that Rody 5 or 3 port as cheaper.
Took me all of 1 second to decide on the R40 and forever on an engine

Soz if I went a little off topic
Old 06-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by onnetz
Hey,
thats alot of money and power for a first nitro kit. not to doubt you or anything but have you ran nitro before? .. if not then you might want to think about getting a good cheaper motor to start out with.. the os .12tz comes to mind, if you like that and have no problems then you could sell it and move onto something more top end...
I did electric for a while then moved on to nitro and it seems to take quite a bit more patience at times.
Hi onnetz, I've had a few Kyosho nitro cars and the latest was a hpi RS4 nitro. They were purely for fun, parkin lot bashing etc.... I've competitively raced pretty much all varieties of electrics bar 1/12th's before I had a big break from racing while I was at uni (really missed blasting my losi's around!). Now I've got the bug back and in all honesty I want to go all out with a ballistically fast setup, I think I'm pretty good at tuning and setting up nitro motors, I can image these highly strung motors are hard to keep a tune, but I think I'm up to the task. I've already considered the engines you and WeatherB suggested, especially the RDL motors, for the price/performance(on paper) there insane! I read that the RDL motors are relatively rapid but not to reliable is this true? the hpi seems like a safe bet but its still $$ here for a mild motor. I don't believe in doing things by halves when it comes to racing

Last edited by Hesky; 06-16-2005 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My RD engine seems just as reliable as my HPI but has crazy power... It just comes down to your turbo tuning ability.

But don't expect it to run like a 400$ engine
Old 06-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

well it sounds like you have plenty of experience with nitro so at least you know what your getting into.. I'd just hate to see someone spend all that money and then either not be able to keep it running or smack it into the wall on the first corner..

I haven't tried the rdlogics motor but my hpi .12rxs is easy to tune and runs like a bat out of hell...
it would keep up with the rest on the tight sections but on that long straight it would fall behind the top $ motors..
Old 06-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah I wanted to get the rdlogic motor. Also they have infinity motors as well, just on the website the selection is poor.

But if you want another smoker on a budget. After doing quite a bit of research. I found the STS D3R and D5R motors. You can get them for very cheap.

Contact projectzen.net they got some really good prices. Iam also trying to be as budget minded as possible on my car. At least Ive always gone that way in the motor department. I just cant stand buying something thats so nice thats bound to goto crap. Even more so get some great motor and mess up or something and watch 380 dollar murnan or something go down the drain cause the filter pops off or something.

With my 130 motor. I just cry a little and get a new one and another...before even really paying for 1 of the murnan modifieds.

But just lately ive started modifying my own motors. I hope to perfect it...but so far the simple stuff I done is looking great. Now I just need to reassmble these motors and test them out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.