Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by KLANDERMAN
cool, I was counting on the towers picture and got to 22 and 28, but I'm not sure about it, so you think I should get the 20T and what spur? or should I leave it like that?
I'll have to check when I get home, but I think you might be correct - 22T. Memory fading

Either way, you'll see about a 10% increase in the overall ratio which helps. Not huge, but helps.

One way to compensate is to adjust your clutch for a higher engaging RPM ( CW ) so that the engine can rev higher and get into its maximum power band quicker.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

I feel like seeing paint jobs... Does anyone wanna share some pics of the cars?
Here ya go - this is my current 2005 paint scheme. I just change colors as I paint new ones. I created templates using vinly ink-jet printer so I can mask this design and paint it quickly. And of course the "graphite-look" hoods are the easiest part.

Mazda 6
Cady
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-r40_2005-schemes0001_smalle.jpg  
Old 03-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Here is another green version on a Dodge Stratus body.
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-r40_paint0002_green.jpg  
Old 03-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

nice!!! Where can I get thse vynil sheets? do you think office depot has them? I would like to do something like flames on my next body...
Old 03-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

I want to get a dodge stratus aero 2 body to see if the aerodynamics are as goo as they say...
Old 03-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

nice!!! Where can I get thse vynil sheets? do you think office depot has them? I would like to do something like flames on my next body...
I couldnt find them at Office Depot. I found then on-line from a place in Ft. Worth ( Texas that is ).

Just do a search for " clear vinyl ink jet " and your find something. If not, I can email you the company I used.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Fixed the problem and ordered a few parts. Got the LW 2speed a new clutch bell and the screws for the brakes. The only thing I need now is a chassis because the front of mine is bent a little bit.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 2 Speed Hub Bearing

Hi everybody ......
I'm new in this forum.......

I wonder whether u guys can help me with my 2 speed hub one way bearing .....

Seems like already loosen, cause i can see my first spur gear spinning without spin the shaft.

Can i change only the one way bearing on the 2 speed hub or i have to buy the whole set of the 2 speed hub.

Maybe one of you guys had this experience before.

thanks in advance guys
Old 03-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

If I think I know what youre talking about Thats supposed to spin untill you mount your motor.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:40 AM

Can anybody tell me who makes the one piece engine mount that hara used?
Old 03-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by nsxshogun
If I think I know what youre talking about Thats supposed to spin untill you mount your motor.

oppss.... sorry for not being clear here ... (must be my english... he he)....

Of course i already mount my motor... I ran my R40 almost a year already .... nothing went wrong till a couples of week ago i ran it ...

when i ran it (press throtle), i can only hear the motor increase the rpm but the car did'nt go...... so i take a look closer to the car to see what happened ... then i found out that the motor & pinion gear spining and also the spur gear...... but the shaft was not spining ..... that's why the car wouldn't go ....

I just think that it was the one way bearing problem ... cause i already check the belts, clutch shoe and other thing seem to be OK...... so my suspect is in the one way bearing on the 2 speed hub .....

There...... I hope can clear what i meant .......

thanks
sorry again for my english
Old 03-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

The only thing I can figure out is the pin the goes into the rear shaft which goes in front of the 2nd speed spur gear (the two shoe sits on it) is missing.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by gonz
oppss.... sorry for not being clear here ... (must be my english... he he)....

Of course i already mount my motor... I ran my R40 almost a year already .... nothing went wrong till a couples of week ago i ran it ...

when i ran it (press throtle), i can only hear the motor increase the rpm but the car did'nt go...... so i take a look closer to the car to see what happened ... then i found out that the motor & pinion gear spining and also the spur gear...... but the shaft was not spining ..... that's why the car wouldn't go ....

I just think that it was the one way bearing problem ... cause i already check the belts, clutch shoe and other thing seem to be OK...... so my suspect is in the one way bearing on the 2 speed hub .....

There...... I hope can clear what i meant .......

thanks
sorry again for my english
Yes that sounds like your oneway bearing. Yes you can buy the 1st gear mount and oneway bearing seperately.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by 007kel
The only thing I can figure out is the pin the goes into the rear shaft which goes in front of the 2nd speed spur gear (the two shoe sits on it) is missing.

Yes .... that's make sense also .....

but like I said before ... I already check all the other parts ... they're all in place ... also the pin you mention above ...

I forgot to mention that this thing not always happened, sometime can run and sometime can not ...
I think when the car can run mean that the 1 way bearing can engaged with the 2 speed adapter but sometime it loose ..
but most of the time was loose .....

thanks bro...
Old 03-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Yes that sounds like your oneway bearing. Yes you can buy the 1st gear mount and oneway bearing seperately.

Yupp ... that sounds like it .....

In the manual book there's only part number #87082 (2 Speed Hub) that I can see.....
from the picture I didn't see the 1 way bearing in it .... and also till the rest of the manual book there's no 1 way bearing part mentioned for this 2 speed section.....
do you know what is the part # number for this 1 way bearing ? ..... what is the size ???

Beside that ... seems like I'm having problem of taking out the bearing from the hub ... it tied very hard ....
do you have any trick on how to open or take off the bearing.?? ....

Thanks Bro....
good to have reply from the expert ......

ps: If I buy the Lightweight 2 Speed Transmision set option part ... is it include the bearing ?...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.