Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by 2quick4you
One thing that I did to take all the steering play out of the car was to put plastic under the ball cap. By plastic I mean plastic bag, like the HPI Parts come in. Put grease on the plastic, put it on the ball, and snap the cap down. The steering still moves free, and takes almost all the play out. (you have probably thought of this already but its worth the try)

Steve
We actually pinch the ball cups to get play. You always what a little play or else the car will have a tendency to feel twitchy. It also helps the car track straighter. This might be hard to believe but many years ago when I was still new into RC, I spent hours removing all the slop out of my Tamiya mini only to make it worse. Since then I have always liked a littler play. I have bounced this theory across a few other big name racers and everyone agrees.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Can I use Solid Rear Axle in the front to make it a spool?
Old 09-10-2004, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by Thad Garner
I think it’s funny that you’re so impressed at the cleanliness of the car.

You need to understand that some people are brand loyal. Some people like AE and Losi just because the think is all made in the USA. Some just like a certain brand because that was the manufacture of there first RC car. Just shrug off the haters and always know that the car you are driving is the back to back national championship winning car.
Thad..........thats why I really appreciated the indoor electric race and the PRO 4......way way way way more cleaner and easier then Nitro.
But your Nitro car cleaning skill.................believe it or not, put it on DVD and I am sure it will be a big heat.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Thad...........I just wish you can be on the forum at least few times per week and check out the R40 and Pro 4 thread, just to share or answer some of our question.....

It is kinda boring for all of us sharing ideas without some OFFICAL word for any corrections or inputs.

Also........I am sure you know...most of the R40 upgrade parts are NOT easy to get in USA, we are getting them mostly from HK or sometime Japan.......is HPI USA ever considered to bring the 2004 spec to USA? Or at least their option parts....

One other interesting thing...........I saw you mentioned the 1-piece engine mount from HARA website, and that website was not even updated since 2002.......whats going on? I am surprised no one ever update or added any new things after 02 and PRO 3...
Old 09-10-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Biaggi a few years back when riding the M1 was saying that if he was on the Honda that he could win races. Max Biaggi is always whining and it gets him nowhere.
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Max Biaggi is always whining he does not have the latest factory parts but it aint helping Alex Barros, so mayby factory support is not all it is cracked up to be
I feel like I have to remid you guys that Max is a four time world champion.

He also took pole, won and set the fastest lap in his first race in the big class. Only the second rider that ever managed that.

Max is definitely a pretty complicated character but at the same time very interesting and very,very fast. He's smooth riding style is also something every rc racer should take inspiration from... kinda like Masami and Hara...
Old 09-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
One other interesting thing...........I saw you mentioned the 1-piece engine mount from HARA website, and that website was not even updated since 2002.......whats going on? I am surprised no one ever update or added any new things after 02 and PRO 3...
Check here: http://www.atsushihara.com/main.htm
Old 09-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by kentech
Check here: http://www.atsushihara.com/main.htm
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................I see, that extra "main.htm" made the different.

Thanks for the update.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

He also took pole, won and set the fastest lap in his first race in the big class. Only the second rider that ever managed that.

Max is definitely a pretty complicated character but at the same time very interesting and very,very fast. He's smooth riding style is also something every rc racer should take inspiration from... kinda like Masami and Hara...
Boo Hoo
Old 09-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

To be honnest Max is a great guy but when it comes to motogp he isn't consistent enough to win enough races for the title.

Went to see the guys race at the Dutch TT in Assen but you can clearly see Rossi is "The Doctor ". What Rossi and his team did when they moved to Yamaha was a brave step but to win the first race of the season on that bike was a "miracle". If you see what they accomplished untill now you can't ignore that Rossi and his team are doing a superb job to say the least.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation R40 Ti Screw Set

FYI the R40 Ti screw set is available in the US, the part number is Z368. (Full set, 40% lighter than the standard steel screws)
Old 09-10-2004, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Rookie Solara

Also........I am sure you know...most of the R40 upgrade parts are NOT easy to get in USA, we are getting them mostly from HK or sometime Japan.......is HPI USA ever considered to bring the 2004 spec to USA? Or at least their option parts....

Hopefully this win and the increased interest in the R40 will help with HPIs decision to support the car with some of the special overseas parts. Who knows…maybe we will have a Nationals/Hara kit?

I don’t know what’s up with his web site. I will ask next time I see him. I agree it need some serious updating.

BTW I changed my Avatar to avoid any further off topic MotoGP discussion
Old 09-10-2004, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry about that.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

Maybe it was good then that I was at HPI Europe and not HPI USA when I worked for HPI. Have a feeling this is something we would have run into constant arguments about...

Now continue discussing the double ROAR champ chassis....
Old 09-11-2004, 01:48 AM
Tech Adept

hi people
im purchasing the 2004 Spec R40 soon, im wondering what would you choose out of these motors to put in
Jp Ns12 S3
NovaRex ReR 3 port
Novarossi Nsr s3
Mugen X12 3 port
Novamax 12 3 port
thanks
Old 09-11-2004, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Go with the Mugen X12 or NS12 S3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.