Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by fastharry
not yet........I have to decide what class I want to run at the challenge........I'm thinking n mod,Super,n stock,micro...and maybe e mod.....(or estock).......have to decide....

Don't forget to put a spring and linkage collar on the other side of the brake linkage..puts tension on the brake lever,and keeps it off the pads....

Don't let anyone kid you.,,,,The brakes on the r4o are WAY better than the tc3........
I've already aware of the SPRING and COLLAR on the other side of the brake, now that you already did that.........I am just go ahread and do it (I was using the collar without spring and want to give it a try).......

I don't think I will use brake as bad or as hard compare to NTC3....but I have to have brake just in case.

P.S....who is the other lawyer that goes to ALL HPI CHALLENGE with his son and between both of them, they almost raced their HPI in all classes........? Man....I can never manage myself to race more then 2 classes.....and you are pulling 5. Good luck and tell us more about the watered down HPI challenge 2004.....no challenge within the mid-west, so I don't have to dust off my Super NItro RS4.........
Old 07-04-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

that would be Tim Wooley.....
Old 07-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

that would be Tim Wooley.....
Yeah..............thats him, Nice guy but kinda quiet.........let us know how you did especially the R40 class.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

OK....

quite a few people are running the R40's in this area.....My car gets better the more I run it..and trust it to do what I want...

You know how I know this is a good car?.......It always seems to be in the place that I want it.....Its hard to explain...like,I'm looking at the boards,and I want the car to hug tight,and the car just ends up there,making a perfect circle.......and I'm no great driver....

PLUS,this is the only car I've ever driven that can make a square circle turn at speed........We have a sweeper,at the end of the 80 ft straight.....but it really isn't gradual....it kind of just turns left suddenly,and then is a gentle half circle for around 40 ft...

I blast down the straight,lift 10 feet before the turn,turn the wheel and gas it..and the damn car just turns that angle like it was reading a road map.......My nitro tc3 didn't turn like that....

Anyway,have fun..need anything,let me know...
Old 07-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BF
I'm about to run this R40 with an OS .12cv at Bayside for the Winter season but I also have a .12 Picco run in and almost clutched/geared up for a Brendale visit. Do you have an address for Delta ?
Can you get the rotary carb to work with the R40? Or is your cv a slide carb?
Old 07-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

OK....

quite a few people are running the R40's in this area.....My car gets better the more I run it..and trust it to do what I want...

You know how I know this is a good car?.......It always seems to be in the place that I want it.....Its hard to explain...like,I'm looking at the boards,and I want the car to hug tight,and the car just ends up there,making a perfect circle.......and I'm no great driver....

PLUS,this is the only car I've ever driven that can make a square circle turn at speed........We have a sweeper,at the end of the 80 ft straight.....but it really isn't gradual....it kind of just turns left suddenly,and then is a gentle half circle for around 40 ft...

I blast down the straight,lift 10 feet before the turn,turn the wheel and gas it..and the damn car just turns that angle like it was reading a road map.......My nitro tc3 didn't turn like that....

Anyway,have fun..need anything,let me know...
Wow. Anyone else has awesome experience like this with the R40? I waited a while because the LHS were lowering the prices a bit so its $269.99 while the NTC3 is still at $274.99
Old 07-04-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

but before everyone goes mental..
Remember,I'm not driving the stock car anymore....It has been lightened,and it has the new towers....
Old 07-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yeah Sry I forgot to mention that because I did know you're not talking about it in stock form.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

but before everyone goes mental..
Remember,I'm not driving the stock car anymore....It has been lightened,and it has the new towers....
You are driving a 2004 edition more or less right? So in a sense your car is stock, stock if you get the 2004.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default scrws

hey all I was wonderng if anyone has used the kit by RCscrewsz for the r40, how is the quility of the screws? or othere any other srew kits that anyone would reccomend?

thanks Jason
Old 07-05-2004, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer
You are driving a 2004 edition more or less right? So in a sense your car is stock, stock if you get the 2004.
that is true...

Ya know,the funny thing is,I was never a believer in grams saved here,angles changed there,but this car woke me up...

When I first ran a stock r40 last year,I was amazed how much I enjoyed the car over my tc3.....(Finally,a car that turns at low speeds...)...

I drove a stock car last week..same suspension set up as mine(incl. towers).,.....but no lite weight parts...I could'nt believe the difference in the cars.....

mine felt so responsive.......

And because my motor blew at a race last week in the r40,I was forced to use the tc3 as a back up........I hated driving it.......the whole race I'm yelling at the car to turn......
Old 07-05-2004, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

does anyone know where I can buy the option spur gears and pinion gears? I can't find it anywhere ... (
Old 07-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by formosa008
does anyone know where I can buy the option spur gears and pinion gears? I can't find it anywhere ... (
Optional means the 0.8 module? Or still the stock 1.0 but different T?
You can find them all at TOWER HOBBIES........look under HPI and under PINION or SPUR section
Old 07-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Both the stock 2 sp,and the new .8 gears are available at tower..
Old 07-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

that is true...

Ya know,the funny thing is,I was never a believer in grams saved here,angles changed there,but this car woke me up...
When you realized that you just CANNOT push yourself any further on your driving skill......the weight, option parts and setting are the next that you can do....a little here and there, add them together will make a big different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.