Wiki Posts
Search

A New Category Is Born : 1/10 GPR !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default 1/10th GPR

That is the Knack body and I did pick it up from Sam at Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies
thanks
Old 07-05-2008, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

So i take it they are the Kawahara wheel sets then as the Knack kits don't come with wheels but do come with that nice floating rear end
Old 07-05-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default GPR

Originally Posted by Mugenville
So i take it they are the Kawahara wheel sets then as the Knack kits don't come with wheels but do come with that nice floating rear end
That is correct . I first bought the Kawahara kit and used it about 1 hour.
Then I bought the Knack kit and like it much better. I also bought extra wheels and tires. The Knack kit does not come with tire sets.
But this new class is a blast to drive. Have not used my other 10th scales sinse I installed the 220mm kit on this RRR
Old 07-06-2008, 02:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

This class is growing fast here. Now the kit readily available to most of us, the Kawahara and Knack, yesterday were 10 to 15 of the 220mm practicing out of 30 touring car chassis of the day.
Now that our club have our own made tires , at lower price, we can run the 220mm at same price as touring car but 0.5 to 0.8 sec faster per lap.

A lot of the experience said this class wont last long.. before it got popular but now most of them have changed or changing
Old 07-06-2008, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kitracer
This class is growing fast here. Now the kit readily available to most of us, the Kawahara and Knack, yesterday were 10 to 15 of the 220mm practicing out of 30 touring car chassis of the day.
Now that our club have our own made tires , at lower price, we can run the 220mm at same price as touring car but 0.5 to 0.8 sec faster per lap.

A lot of the experience said this class wont last long.. before it got popular but now most of them have changed or changing
Got any pics of your tyres and wheels you get made,
Hope this class takes off over here (Aust) really looking forward to it , already have a few bodies (still need a paint job) and a few sets of wheels, there is already a small band of ppl that have them and more interested but just waiting for the current race season to end for a couple of the clubs and within a few months our club will have it's new track ready and running and this will be hopefully a class that will get the knod,
Just out of interest if you happen to damage some of the Knack's floating rear end are there parts availible or do you need to buy the whole kit again
Old 07-06-2008, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mugenville
Got any pics of your tyres and wheels you get made,

Just out of interest if you happen to damage some of the Knack's floating rear end are there parts availible or do you need to buy the whole kit again
I posted some of the prototype here earlier http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218962

Also here are the latest member pics. So far the Knack Mugen set the fastest lap and I am about 0.15sec behind in second using Kawahara NT1. But I should beat him next time, need to take my secret weapon out

one of the guy put it next to the 1/8 picture attached. It drive closer to an 1/8 then a tourer

Once you set the 220 correctly, the corner speed is almost the same as the 1/8 but 1/8 still pull much harder off corners. The kick is when you push off and pull away the 1/8 with your 220
Attached Thumbnails A New Category Is Born : 1/10 GPR !!-ivan220.jpg   A New Category Is Born : 1/10 GPR !!-ivan220-1.jpg   A New Category Is Born : 1/10 GPR !!-tak220.jpg  
Old 07-06-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Ah yes rember now, top of pg3
Old 07-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Last weekend we went over to CMCC and Ziggy, without fail, still came with his rubbish setup but this time because he knows the track better, he easily kept up with us (we use Lola on normal 200mm cars). I'm making a video of this one as I write this ... my PC is slow though so don't hold your breath ... but the video will be on 3hobby.net soon .. download it!...
As promised ... its there now for download. All I can say is how consistent Ziggy was with this 220 mod than I have ever seen him drive. You will see that the track undulating, technical but also fast. Driving a touring on this track is no easy feat but with Lola, never mind the 220mm, it was a joy!
Old 07-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My MTX-4R with the Kawahara Kit, I race with it this past weekend, and was very happy with the results,
The car was very stable and really easy to drive.