R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2008, 01:04 AM   #1
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default A New Category Is Born : 1/10 GPR !!

It's Kawahara idea to make 1/10 GP cars become easier to drive. Quote from Kawahara website :

" This product concept is 1/10 200mm cars. The .12 class engines have become very powerful resulting in the cars becoming very difficult to control. This product is created to solve the problem, and to enjoy faster driving more easily" .

ZAC AUDI-C TYPE (220mm) 



Kyosho V1 RRR, Xray NT1


Mugen Seiki MTX4, MTX4-R


Tire size become wider : Front 30mm , Rear 40mm.



Kawahara Parts :
ZW-001 Full set(Tire, Body, Mount, and bumper) in box. MTX-4
ZW-002 Full set(Tire, Body, Mount, and bumper) in box. V-ONE RRR, NT-1
ZW-902 to 9031 SPONGE TIRE WITH (ZW) WHEEL FRONT 30mm width
ZW-912 to 9131 SPONGE TIRE WITH (ZW) WHEEL REAR 40mm width
ZT-021 ZAC AUDI-C TYPE(220mm)
ZW-010 WIDE BUMPER MTX-4
ZW-011 WIDE BUMPER V-ONE RRR, NT-1


source: http://kawahara-racing.co.jp/ezw.html

anyone interested ? ..... just like having 1/10 car with steroids
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus

Last edited by asw7576; 04-16-2008 at 01:23 AM.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:18 AM   #2
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

ooops.... sorry guys, there is already another thread cover this topic.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:08 AM   #3
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Do we really need another class? local racing is already split up enough.

at one track we have about 50 people on a decent day with all sorts of classes
200mm nitro
200mm nitro sportsman
stock electric sedan
stock 12th scale
18th scale
gearbox (!)

and then there's inferno gt's that show up rarely

and at the other track i race at..

200mm nitro with 4-5 guys
electric oval pan cars with I believe 8-10 guys now
inferno gt
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,454
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

As I stated on that other thread, if you are going to do this, you might as well bring back the 235mm class. There are plenty of guys that still have these cars (I have 2 of them) and it would be nice to see this class come back in a spec-type form.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:09 AM   #5
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
As I stated on that other thread, if you are going to do this, you might as well bring back the 235mm class. There are plenty of guys that still have these cars (I have 2 of them) and it would be nice to see this class come back in a spec-type form.
No offense.... You can say that because you already have 235mm cars, ..... and you already have two.

What about people who don't have 235mm cars yet ? Or people who are not willing to invest more cars ?

I think this GPR class make sense.

We only have to buy lola bumper, body, and tires.

I think it's very affordable and fun too.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:19 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
Do we really need another class? local racing is already split up enough.

at one track we have about 50 people on a decent day with all sorts of classes
200mm nitro
200mm nitro sportsman
stock electric sedan
stock 12th scale
18th scale
gearbox (!)

and then there's inferno gt's that show up rarely

and at the other track i race at..

200mm nitro with 4-5 guys
electric oval pan cars with I believe 8-10 guys now
inferno gt



If your track is small enough to entertain Gear box and stock electric then its obvious that this class won't work for you guys. There are a lot of tracks and clubs where this would be fun and bring something new/interesting....
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:06 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,454
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
No offense.... You can say that because you already have 235mm cars, ..... and you already have two.

What about people who don't have 235mm cars yet ? Or people who are not willing to invest more cars ?

I think this GPR class make sense.

We only have to buy lola bumper, body, and tires.

I think it's very affordable and fun too.
No offense taken. However, I do understand the guys that say that creating another class will further dilute the already dwendling pool of racers from the classes that are already established and struggling to get more support. Like someone stated earlier, 200mm outlaw was created to take the place of the 235mm class which was killed off. No one supports that class and it has been dropped by many of the large nitro races. I see this class getting support from the west coast guys (where this seems to be originating) but I don't see much support for it in other places of the country. Just my opinion on this.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:29 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
No offense taken. However, I do understand the guys that say that creating another class will further dilute the already dwendling pool of racers from the classes that are already established and struggling to get more support. Like someone stated earlier, 200mm outlaw was created to take the place of the 235mm class which was killed off. No one supports that class and it has been dropped by many of the large nitro races. I see this class getting support from the west coast guys (where this seems to be originating) but I don't see much support for it in other places of the country. Just my opinion on this.
Right, the key is the dilution of the racers.. I have most classes covered as far as equipment goes, but at a race with only 4-5 heats, you just can't run two or more.. so you have to pick one and the rest just sit on the shelf so you end up asking everyone to buy what you want to run or they end up asking you to buy what they want to run. There is nothing wrong with 200mm sedan as it is, the cars are perfectly controllable even on the smallest tracks and it is the 10th scale nitro ifmar class so you would just be racing something that only works at your local track.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:21 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,647
Default

....class is a waste of time............bring back single speed 1/8 pan before this............Gas racing doesn't need more classes...........Kawahara money grab............
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #10
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,454
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
Right, the key is the dilution of the racers.. I have most classes covered as far as equipment goes, but at a race with only 4-5 heats, you just can't run two or more.. so you have to pick one and the rest just sit on the shelf so you end up asking everyone to buy what you want to run or they end up asking you to buy what they want to run. There is nothing wrong with 200mm sedan as it is, the cars are perfectly controllable even on the smallest tracks and it is the 10th scale nitro ifmar class so you would just be racing something that only works at your local track.
Brian,

You hit the nail on the head here. This is especially true with your comment about 200mm being perfectly controllable on any track. The main problem I see from these guys are that they strap in huge HP engines into their cars under conditions, setups, or track sizes that are not designed or capable of handling the extra ponies. I have seen it happen at many venues that I have visited across the country. So, instead of taming their cars or trigger fingers, lets just create another class and further dwindle the racing pool of the 200mm class in their area. Again, this is just my opinion.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic
 
genesisG4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canton, GA
Posts: 758
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

no opinion formulated yet...but dang that is one awesome looking machine!
genesisG4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #12
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls,ind
Posts: 1,417
Default

This could be our new outlaw class with one big difference the cars are drivable this time around!! They sure look wicked!! These .12 size motors keep getting more powerful each year the mfg need to do something to the chassis to help it handle the increase in horsepower I think this is a good idea.
nitrohead5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:36 PM   #13
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,211
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohead5300 View Post
This could be our new outlaw class with one big difference the cars are drivable this time around!! They sure look wicked!! These .12 size motors keep getting more powerful each year the mfg need to do something to the chassis to help it handle the increase in horsepower I think this is a good idea.
WRONG!!!

If you make the cars handle better then the engine guys will make more powerful engines (and more expensive) and then the chassis guys will make cars better suited for these bodies....and it goes round and round until no one can afford it any more.

LEAVE 200MM TOURING CAR ALONE!!! IT'S FINE THE WAY IT IS!!!
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #14
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Imo this will be a fun class and should work in some areas plus the car looks bad ass....lol
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #15
Tech Elite
 
HarKonnenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,024
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD
Default

Quote:
" This product concept is 1/10 200mm cars. The .12 class engines have become very powerful resulting in the cars becoming very difficult to control. This product is created to solve the problem, and to enjoy faster driving more easily"

Thats like the ads for cheap ebay intakes adding 15hp to your real car when installed. All it takes is good driver skill and a nice car setup. You can't drive a nitro sedan like an 8th - it requires a different technique of driving. Try to drive one as hard like an 8th and you will find yourself going through many sets of tires and wasting fuel. Like I also said on the other thread, a waste of time. If you can't handle all the power do either of two things:

A) Learn to control it via reduce throttle trims or run the engine a little richer.
B) give up and sell it to someone else who needs it and buy something slower.
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KTInnovation is born!!! GuyaCarRacing Team and Company Discussions 2 05-29-2007 09:34 AM
1/14 RWD category club race - ES1/14 martijn Racing Forum 0 04-01-2007 02:41 PM
TSAIS Category 5 Hurricane Exhaust phillyfan5420 Monster Trucks 3 03-20-2006 01:24 AM
Wrong category True R/C Racing Chat Lounge 1 01-24-2004 01:07 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:36 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net