Community
Wiki Posts
Search

solid wheels for foam tires on a ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Default solid wheels for foam tires on a ntc3

does anyone know where I can get the solid wheels for a ntc3? any information would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeyb19
does anyone know where I can get the solid wheels for a ntc3? any information would be greatly appreciated

why would you want solid wheels. You can buy Nitro shoes, but here is a link for the solid ones.
http://www.rchobbies.org/cars_jaco.htm
Old 05-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Rookie

i think he means dish wheels
Old 05-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

The link has both, nitro shoes and the dish wheels
Old 05-21-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Initiate

thats the ones i was talking about. i run nitro shoes, but just want the solid wheels that will fit the ntc3. i couldnt find them at the local hobby store. also, will the wide tires down on the lower right hand side of that page fit my car? the only ones i can find like that at the store wont fit the car. thanks again for the information.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

If you do decide to use those, you will need the adaptor made by Cobra for those to work. The adaptor is here: http://www.philshobbyshop.com/tek9.a...ific=jqkrmpjng These will let you bolt those WIDE tires right on, but I would only use that on the right rear. This is also the same adaptor that you would use to run a CAP tire.

If you are SERIOUS about going FAST, and end up going to an oval track that is banked, look into buying BSR cap tires for touring cars. They make them for 1/10 sedans. You will not find a better tire for grip. I would suggest using reds or greens on the inside and a pink on the right front and a red on the right rear. They are all the same width, which is a good thing for getting a consistant run. You might want to go with a blue on the right front too, but I would stick with the Pink, it is a better tire for grip and durability. just make sure that you go with the kavlar belted ones. The cap tires are good for concrete, not asphalt, IF YOU ARE RUNNING A FLAT TRACK, but if you get to go to a banked track, you would not want to run anything but the cap tires, weather it a asphalt or concrete.
Horizon does carry them, so any hobby shop can order them for you, but here is a link for information on them: http://www.bsr-racing.com/cap/touring.html
The web site doesn't have that much information, but it will soon.

Last edited by rcfoolz; 05-21-2008 at 11:36 AM.