Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BiggDogg33
Whats up? hommie if you are going to the nats i might need a set-up on my evo2 if you dont mind will greatly appreciate it!! thanks
hi guys where is nats going to be at?!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LAM3SAUCE
hi guys where is nats going to be at?!
Toledo, Ohio. Practice starts on Tuesday.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Whats up? hommie if you are going to the nats i might need a set-up on my evo2 if you dont mind will greatly appreciate it!! thanks
No, prob! Just find me and bring it to my pit table. I'm using the set-up I had for the GLC.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default thanks!!

Thanks Hommie!!! my man!! and see ya soon im coming up with marcus and joey again!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

I would like to wish everyone thats going to the nats the best of luck!!
GOOO kyosho! , Take care!
Old 08-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default Centax Clutch setup

Hi guys, today i finally managed to test the Evo 2.

Great handling but i have a problem with the clutch. Setuped not well as i need to rev the engine to much to get it ingaged.

Can you kindly give me some tips, at the back of the bell i.e. behind the bearing i have 2 bit thick shims and 1 very thin shim.

Tried removing the 1 very thin shim and obviosly placed it in the front but still it was bad.

Unscrewed a bit the spring tension by almost a 90 degree, but still way off.

Is there some sort of trick how to setup centax clutches?

Thanks
Old 08-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speed6 here is how I set my clutch up.

http://cefx.net/catalog/clutch.php
Old 08-28-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi guys

was going to order some tyres and now i know i need some 2mm offsets, i guess ill have to get some Twister tyres.

my question is whats the deal with the kyosho rims, everyone seems to prefer them. why??

are they better in terms of less prone to cracking, or do they offer some sort of flex to benefit traction.

hope someone can help.

thanks
Old 08-28-2009, 04:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SCO new RRR main chassis

Hi!

Have anyone know how big are holes for engine mount screws in main chassis from SCO?

They are for M3 or for M4?

I'm looking for new chassis for my RRR

Regards!

m.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by I)arkness
hi guys

was going to order some tyres and now i know i need some 2mm offsets, i guess ill have to get some Twister tyres.

my question is whats the deal with the kyosho rims, everyone seems to prefer them. why??

are they better in terms of less prone to cracking, or do they offer some sort of flex to benefit traction.

hope someone can help.

thanks
Hey Brad I run a RRR in Brisbane and I run the Matrix tyres in a 2mm offset, There readily available in Brisbane and I would think Melbourne as well. I have been running them since last October and I find them a great wearing tyre with excellent grip. I have used them in Sydney as well and will do at the nats next month and they were good for me there as well.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Brad I run a RRR in Brisbane and I run the Matrix tyres in a 2mm offset, There readily available in Brisbane and I would think Melbourne as well. I have been running them since last October and I find them a great wearing tyre with excellent grip. I have used them in Sydney as well and will do at the nats next month and they were good for me there as well.
hi batto

haven't even heard of those tyre so i guess that they aren't used to much down here in melbourne, not even seen anyone run matrix, maybe because the seem more expensive just looking at a few sites, that had them.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hi guys

hope someone can help.

thanks
The older car used 2mm wheels, I recently tested them to figure out what I was going to take to nationals and discovered that I liked 2mm offset rears in the tighter corners but liked the 0mm evo2 type setup (not the 2mm shim style as was used on evo1) is seems more stable in higher speed corners. Possibly because of wheel flex allowing for more traction, I'm not really sure. 30mm of wheel is a lot to have on a near 0 offset from the outside edge or perhaps the change in geometry is just enough to be important.

For those of you in Australia, Twister is most likely imported as ATS. RB had a batch of tires made by ATS at one point but a rumor floated past me that they were no longer ATS. IDM tires are also ATS. Matrix is not.

ATS is the current IFMAR worlds winning tire for both 8th scale and 10th scale nitro onroad if that helps you pick a brand. The kyosho style is nice because it is very light (as light as the Twister serpent style pro-lights) and you can use 2mm or 0mm rears with the same fronts plus you can lose more weight with pro-lights over the regulars by about 12-15g for the whole car.

Last edited by Brian Bosley; 08-28-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default Need favor n help!!!

Originally Posted by blount
No, prob! Just find me and bring it to my pit table. I'm using the set-up I had for the GLC.
You have PM!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

You have PM!!!
Got u back!
Old 08-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi batto

haven't even heard of those tyre so i guess that they aren't used to much down here in melbourne, not even seen anyone run matrix, maybe because the seem more expensive just looking at a few sites, that had them.
I think the Matrix tyre was on the TQ car at last years 1/10 worlds in Portugal and 6 or 7 cars in the final were on Matrix. At the Euros last month in Gubbio I think 44 drivers of the 111 were on Matix tyres and the next closest in drivers using a particular brand was in the teens. This info I got from Redrc. Trackside is the Australian importer for the tyre if that helps. They have a shop in Melbourne and of course do postage. Hey each to their own they work for me and other guys up here in Brisbane so it comes down to your preference and of course the costs
Regards
Noel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.