2008 CAPITOL CLASSIC @ 301 RACEWAY June 4-8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 CAPITOL CLASSIC @ 301 RACEWAY June 4-8

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks to the 301 crew for putting on a great race as usual. The heat was crazy, but had a whole lot of fun. Shout out to Joseph Wright aka Chris Pops Son for pitting for me the 4 days we were there and Pops (the oldest r/c driver) for all the jokes.

Thanks also to Brooklyn Hobbies for all the support and all who helped me in any way.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Chris Witt
This was one of the best times i have ever had. Tons of fun and laughter.
Dispite the heat and that new tan i got, Mannnn i would do it all over again.
You and your 301 crew keep up the good work. I will be down again for more club races and for the Nats that will surely to be another good race.

Special Thanks to Scott K. Sherry, R. Davis and the whole Empire Crew.
Rich Browne sorry you was not felling well enough to attend the race.
But get better and i will see you soon. buddy.

Special Thanks to Joel Jhonson, Ron Atomic and jimmy Deprez
for your support. Hey Ron. 3am. lol lol lol

Welcome Back Sal Defozio. Good to see you and Robert again.

I just want people to know this weekend was hard 2 classes.1/8 and 1/10.
A few guys who i cant forget. My man Mikey Mike. Great job in the pitts for me allllll week long kid. Jamie C. for parts and touring car support.
Also all 3 lambre brothers. these guys are some cool down to earth dudes.
Geal Lambre has help me with my touring car game for a few weeks now.
just kicking info back and forth. Just want to say thanks man.
Also Thomas Lee who made the B-main good job.

Greg Hill
Old 06-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What a blast we had this weekend. Despite the crazy heat, this was a fantastic event. Thanks to C Whit for his hard work at putting on an outstanding show as well as the rest of the 301 crew. Pitting with some of the Floyd Bennet crew from back home was crazy fun, y'all had me laughing the whole time. Thanks to Greg Hill for all the help, and Garrick for the pit work when my brothers were tied up, and of course my brothers!

Jean Lambre
Old 06-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

I Would like to thank Chris Whitney for putting to together a world class facility and a fun race for all of us On-road drivers. The traction was amazing and consistent through out the week; nice job on driving the tractor around the track Mark ......lol, I know it was hot out there on the tractor but thanks for all the hard work. Ted thanks for the great Mic work the whole week. Next I would like to congratulate Ryan Rhodes on his finish, awesome kid and cool family, get better soon Mr. Rhodes. The weather wasn't the greatest but there was so many people I haven't seen in a while it wasn't hard to become preoccupied and forget about the heat. I would like to thanks all my sponsors for all the help and everyone at the race for making the Capital classic one of the biggest and enjoyable nitro on road races of the year.

see you all in September
Brian Thomas
Old 06-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

want to say thanks to chris whit. for putting this together another great race thanks for B.TEEEZ for having my back to my own MUGEN TRAINNING CAMP partner EUGENE OSBURN bringing home the hardware, thanks to TEAM MUGEN for letting pit in the area i see ya chuck moon take care RHODES family good run & get better good seeing everyone take care your friendly neighborhood SOLOARTIST 2 classes what was i thinking
Old 06-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Also, Thanks to Chris and the 301 crew for putting on a great event! I had alot of fun and can't wait to come back next year.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks to Chris and the 301 crew for putting together great event
Old 06-10-2008, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the kind words guys, Eli was a little faster early but when he had two speed issues I could just go into cruise mode and be ultra careful with traffic. Sometime this week I'll finish filling in the setup sheet for Scott Kimbrow's winning car and post on the M3 thread.

Fantastic facility to race at, with great hospitality by Chris and Sandra, was a fun event despite the weather issues, you racers from the area don't realize how lucky you are and should thank Chris at every opportunity and patronize his shop all you can.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

my pics and video from the classic

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...lassic%202008/
Old 06-10-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Default thank you

Ok after a full day of rest where do I begin, I can't call out everyone or I will be here typing all day, but first of all to a few individuals Jasen,Doug and Melvin(tech). Ted(race director/announcer)man what can I say, but you are the man worth every penny, (oh I haven't payed you yet well in that case you need to step your game up),because all you did was run 230 racers for 4 days and finished on time even with delays. Mark Unrath, man you were a huge part in this race going off, I can't thank you enough for your time and effort. Mike Keely,Troy Woodson,Vincent Jackson and Garry I wouldn't be able do this thing without you guys, thank you.
For those of you that know me, you know that this has been my vision for along time and the thing that makes me do this are the smiles on everyones face, and everyone having a good time and nothing more. So I thank all that attended this weekend,and for putting on the show that you did and for your attitudes with which you came with and bearing with the heat wave that came thru the east coast.
Improvements for next year are being thought of already by Ted and I so we can try and make your racing experience better at 301 and trust me it will get better.
And last but certainly not least a shout out to 2 of the toughest people I now know Ryan and Randy Rhodes. One mentally and the other physically. Again I can't call out everyone but thank you all and I will be seeing you soon.

Chris Whitney

Last edited by Sandra; 06-10-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well I can't believe I could leave Florida and go some where hotter.

Thanks to C-Whitt for making sure Maryland was ready for me. I must say everywhere we went all the people were exteremely friendly.

I must thank my fellow Floridians for there help on this trip: Joe Sumasky, Greg and Melanie Esser, Ryan and Randy Rhodes. And of course my boy Chris "Junior" Lefebvre. You guys make racing fun and exciting. I have always called Ryan the Rocket but now Randy will get the nickname Bulldog! First time I ever went to an RC event and saw a hockey player show up. Sorry Randy could not resist. Guess he showed how tough he really is.

Congrats to all the racers and winners. A special congrats goes to Ryan and Chris. Ryan you did an awesome job considering what happened to your dad. And Chris to bump up to the A-main from the C-main and finished 4th. Thanks to Joe for the great pit work with Chris. Thanks to James for the use of his car.

To C-Whitt and his crew thanks for taking care of us and doing a great job with the track. See you in September.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What a great event!!!! The competition was fun and fierce. C Whit and the 301 crew put on a great show. I would like to thank my brothers and G Unit for the great pit work all weekend. Had some bad luck this weekend but that is racing. Want to congratulate Greg Hill on a great weekend of running! You really put it down son. Thanks to Melvin, Gianni and the rest of the Serpent team for all of the help. Thanks to Maxy for the fuel and the power this weekend!!!

Can't wait til next year
Gael
Old 06-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Rick Davis,
Could you PM me and give me you email address?
Thanks
Mark
Old 06-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sandra
Ok after a full day of rest where do I begin, I can't call out everyone or I will be here typing all day, but first of all to a few individuals Jasen,Doug and Melvin(tech). Ted(race director/announcer)man what can I say, but you are the man worth every penny, (oh I haven't payed you yet well in that case you need to step your game up),because all you did was run 230 racers for 4 days and finished on time even with delays. Mark Unrath, man you were a huge part in this race going off, I can't thank you enough for your time and effort. Mike Keely,Troy Woodson,Vincent Jackson and Garry I wouldn't be able do this thing without you guys, thank you.
For those of you that know me, you know that this has been my vision for along time and the thing that makes me do this are the smiles on everyones face, and everyone having a good time and nothing more. So I thank all that attended this weekend,and for putting on the show that you did and for your attitudes with which you came with and bearing with the heat wave that came thru the east coast.
Improvements for next year are being thought of already by Ted and I so we can try and make your racing experience better at 301 and trust me it will get better.
And last but certainly not least a shout out to 2 of the toughest people I now know Ryan and Randy Rhodes. One mentally and the other physically. Again I can't call out everyone but thank you all and I will be seeing you soon.

Chris Whitney
Chris and Sandra and the 301 Crew:
Thanks for making Brandywine, MD my home away from home. What a week it was. See you at the next club race...Paulie B.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default Thank's

What a Race!
First I would like to thank Mr. Chris Whitney & Ted "X" for a great Event.
Everyone from the P.R. crew was amaze with the Race Track and how thing's where done during the Race.

We are definitely coming back next year!

I had a blast racing with you all, seeing lots of good friends and meeting new ones. It was FUN in and out of the track the hole weekend.
I have to thank a lot of people who Help me during the Race,
Our Team Manager Zobeida who made my Trip a reality.
Mr. Eddie "Tha Fox" Colon Te debo una Mi pana Gracias!
Juan Carlos "My Bad", Andy Baez, Jose Subaru, Felo, Fernando "Choto" Mendez, Edgar Tirado, Api, Emilio, Geovannie & Hector "K"

It was good to see my US Friends againg, Roniel "la yegua", Gianni, Paolo, Murnan, Frank, D-man, Pete, Gael, Eduardo (You Broke my car! ), Rafael Angulo, Dj Apolaro

Special Thank's to Mike Swauger for the chassis.
Special Thank's to Maxy for the Fuel. Gracias Parchita!

I will be there next year at the Capitol Classic!
Javier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.