Wiki Posts
Search

DIGITAL OR ANALOG

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nigelnuggets
Less torque or not, even at 60oz/in an "entry-level" servo could still lift the weight of a sedan. The torque value on the servo itself is technically overkill if you think about it 6.0v@120oz/in, thats approximately 7.5lbs. Which is more than double the weight of the car. The BLS451 stands at 147oz/in which is approximately 9.2lbs/in.

the 25% of funding you spend on the servo = nothing compared to how much longer the servo lasts which is allegedly 5x longer.

and the weight of the servo according to the manufacturer:
BLS451: 2.0oz ~ 56g
S9452: 1.8oz ~ 51g

5 grams? is that even worth mentioning?
well figure that a Electric touring car on a high bite track pulls about 1.5g's your cutting the margin close lol
Old 03-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOVICE4EVER
Guys thanks for all the tips you contribute. Just to inform you what servo i decided to get "ko 2413 and futaba 9550"
I put my ko 2413 on my steering and my 9550 to my throttle.
for the reason i let "japan" do the steering and "taiwan" do the breaking
(their manufacturer )

Any comments or suggestions regarding the setup of the two servos will be highly appreciated. (did i dedicated the two servos right? )
Also figure out if it has plastic gears.. plastic on nitro cars = bad lol
Old 03-28-2008, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default talking about digital

"Anyways... for an intermediate driver (myself and most here), practice will do you more than shaving 25g off your car. I used to overdrive the car when I was a newb.... now, I rarely squeeze the trigger all the way and I stay clean. Imagine- my lap times have improved and I don't have any titanium on my car, nor the lightest servos."

i quoted the above from cdelong post. coz it was what i wanted to say. anyway i started off with rtr servo those 3-5kg stuff, then i was using the 8-9 kg analog high speed servo's the sanwa VR to be exact.. just only this past 2 races i have change the steering servo to a digital ( ko 2343 to be specific and i bought it used and cheap) what i wanted to say here that it's worthed esp your steering. feeling the difference coz i am making less mistakes.thanks