Tech Initiate

Default kyosho rrr evo wc or xray nt1 08

which one do you think is better overall car
Old 11-18-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaNNy250RRR
which one do you think is better overall car
I think you definitely picked the two best cars to debate about.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

rrr evo wc, this is a sill question.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Which ever is easier to get parts for.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

And why????? I'm making the same decision.......Kyosho would have to be on the verge of bring and other RRR out wouldn't they?

XRay only added front CVD's to their 08 car.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:03 AM
Tech Lord

Both are good and fast cars but the Xray does have some problems with the gearbox and motormounts (you need to modify some engines...)
Also the Xray can have a to light gearing out of the box.

If you want to avoid these small issues the Kyosho is the better choice.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You can't go wrong either way.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's a very tough question to answer. Based on my personal experience:

The NT1 performs really well out on the track and is very easy to drive well. As with the MTX-4 (w/front diff), the NT1 was setup right out of the box for the track I race on. If you can deal with some of it's "quirks", it's a great car.

The RRR is a very good "overall" car. It take a little more time and effort to find the right setup based on the track you race on and your driving style, but it only has a few mechanical issues that are easy to deal with.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone else have an opinion?
Old 11-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CDS70
And why????? I'm making the same decision.......Kyosho would have to be on the verge of bring and other RRR out wouldn't they?

XRay only added front CVD's to their 08 car.
If they do come out with a newer version Kyosho has been very consistent in making it a easy conversion as well not like some other manufactures leaving you stuck with an outdated car besides the current car is excellent
Old 11-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Roelof
Both are good and fast cars but the Xray does have some problems with the gearbox and motormounts (you need to modify some engines...)
Also the Xray can have a to light gearing out of the box.

If you want to avoid these small issues the Kyosho is the better choice.

Hi Roelof,

Can you please expand in more detail on exactly what the gearbox problems are? Just got a kit and interested to know what to expect.

I am aware of engine mount issue with some motors, but not the gearbox.

As for the quirks, I think all cars are affected by this. Some just more than others. An imperfect man or group of men, cannot make the "perfect car" (At least on the budget of an RC company) . But the more persons that come together and offer their suggestions, then you could get pretty close....

For every car that is produced, there are 10 aftermarket companies sitting on the side lines waiting to improve on the original product and many do a very good job at it.

When I purchase a new kit I try to find out all the quirks and address these with aftermarket option parts.

For example, I understand the side belt tensioner on the NT1 has some issues. Even before I have completed my build, I have ordered two differnent optional belt tensioners (besides a list of other parts). I ordered one from a company and then saw another company with one I thought was even better than the first. So I ordered that one as well.

Last edited by V1-RRR-WC; 11-21-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Tech Lord

The gearbox does not have a constant shifting point, one time it shifts early and another time late. I have heard other people having same problems.

For a friend I did take the gearbox apart but could not find a reason so I suspect the springs are maybe temperature sensitive.

Maybe it is already solved in later production series.....
Old 11-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
Hi Roelof,

Can you please expand in more detail on exactly what the gearbox problems are? Just got a kit and interested to know what to expect.

I am aware of engine mount issue with some motors, but not the gearbox.

As for the quirks, I think all cars are affected by this. Some just more than others. An imperfect man or group of men, cannot make the "perfect car" (At least on the budget of an RC company) . But the more persons that come together and offer their suggestions, then you could get pretty close....

For every car that is produced, there are 10 aftermarket companies sitting on the side lines waiting to improve on the original product and many do a very good job at it.

When I purchase a new kit I try to find out all the quirks and address these with aftermarket option parts.

For example, I understand the side belt tensioner on the NT1 has some issues. Even before I have completed my build, I have ordered two differnent optional belt tensioners (besides a list of other parts). I ordered one from a company and then saw another company with one I thought was even better than the first. So I ordered that one as well.
Good info. What after market parts have you ordered and where from and why?
Old 11-22-2007, 03:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

+1
Old 11-22-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Sure!!!!!

These are (some) of the option parts I got from aftermarket companies in addition to what I got from Xray.

I got the aluminum radio plate and tensioner because I understand the original does not hold the tension very well after the belt wears in. I heard of some guys stripping the bolt in an attempt to hold the tension, hence the reason I got the aluminum radio plate supports which the tensioner bolts too.

The other parts shown are self explanatory.

Reolof, thanks for the info on the gearbox. I have a 2nd gear shoe rebuild kit for the RRR. I will see what I can use from this to address that shift problem.
Attached Thumbnails kyosho rrr evo wc  or xray nt1 08-alum-middle-shaft-mount-.jpg   kyosho rrr evo wc  or xray nt1 08-alum-radio-support.jpg   kyosho rrr evo wc  or xray nt1 08-belt-tensioner-1.jpg   kyosho rrr evo wc  or xray nt1 08-brake-disc.jpg   kyosho rrr evo wc  or xray nt1 08-brake-lever.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.