Kyosho Evolva M3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Evolva M3

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Make sure you have lateral movement on the two speed shaft. If it is too tight, too little movement, it will give you problems. Or, don't snug up the pullies to get rid if any slop - you need a bit of end to end slop
Old 06-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Make sure you have lateral movement on the two speed shaft. If it is too tight, too little movement, it will give you problems. Or, don't snug up the pullies to get rid if any slop - you need a bit of end to end slop
Appreciate the info!

However, I'm not sure I understand your last statement "don't snug up the pulleys"...when you say pulleys, are you referring to the 2 speed shoes?

How much slop would you say the shoes need in relation with the 2 speed shaft?

Thx!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default Softest Kyosho springs?

Guys:

I am under the impression that the silver fronts and black rear springs are the softest kyosho springs available. Is true?

Racing on a very bumpy track....any recommendations on spring selection would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default Belt Stripping Problem, advice?

Guys:

Been stripping front & rear belts like crazy since last year.

Max time before both belts strip is 8 mins. Middle belt never strips.

I've tested with ALL the different available belt tensions from softest to tightest with no success. The plastic belts seems to last a little longer than the rubber ones.

Thought this was due to the track that I usually race on, but have tested on perfectly clean surfaces with no success.

This thread doesn't seem to highlight a belt stripping issue with the M3, nevertheless, I welcome any advice.

Thx!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhavlena
Guys:
I would suggest that you use the Empire Racing belt tensioner for the M3. It will give you more wrap on the 16t gear. After you get some confidence back, you can then free up the car by running less tension. I also suggest the use a a GOOD Hard Coated 16T gear like:

Serpent 903348

I don't have any in stock right now but if you hunt around you should be able to come up with one.

nevertheless, I welcome any advice.
Thx!!!
Remember free advice is worth what you paid.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

when is the new Kyosho Evolva available
Old 08-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default Front Long Wheelbase axle set

Besides extra durability, would anyone know what other benefits the front long wheelbase axle set can provide?

Any handling changes/differences?

Thx!!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

I also want it to come soon.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default 4d clutch

does any one have the best startpoint for the 4d clutch, i run the three shoes but would like to try the 4 shoe
Old 10-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Selling an M3....take a look $350 with electronics

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...evolva-m3.html
Old 10-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Guys:

Max time before both belts strip is 8 mins. Middle belt never strips.

I've tested with ALL the different available belt tensions from softest to tightest with no success. The plastic belts seems to last a little longer than the rubber ones.

Thought this was due to the track that I usually race on, but have tested on perfectly clean surfaces with no success.

This thread doesn't seem to highlight a belt stripping issue with the M3, nevertheless, I welcome any advice.

Thx!!!
I'd hope that you've figured out the problem by now, but in case you haven't....

How do the pulleys look? Worn metal or plastic pulleys will exacerbate belt stripping problems. And if you can clear the teeth of larger debris between rounds, your belts and pulleys should last quite a bit longer.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I run titan alum pulleys with sp belts. Never strip belts, but once in a while I might snap a front one if I hit anything on power.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
does any one have the best startpoint for the 4d clutch, i run the three shoes but would like to try the 4 shoe
I have had some luck with a 0.7mm clutch gap, Grey Shoe and the hard spring on the 4d Kyosho clutch. I never had a chance to run the CRF spring.

The best clutch setup I have on my M3 is the Mugen MRX5 WC clutch set, but use the Kyosho 3D shoes instead of the mugen ones. I had to cut the pins a little on the MRX5 flywheel to make it work but it worked well. I used the CRF spring, the WC yellow mugen shoe and the normal M3 clutch bell.

I have also put the MRX5 front end on my M3. I feel it really helped the front end. I can try to post pictures if anyone is interested.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default evolva death?

Who is still hoping that Kyosho will come around and surprise us all next year with the continued development of the evolva platform?
Old 06-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

any of you guys still run this chassis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.