Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

jneg,

Mikel, Jspeed, and I got a chance to run against the prototype back in Sept 2010 at the Ipanema US GT Nats. It was a pretty fast and highly competitive car then (in prototype form). So, it could only be better now. Lets hope we get a chance to see it run at the Ipanema Worlds in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

I was hoping to have the Serpent for the worlds but they are going to be available soon afterwards.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As far as i know the model i saw in hands of Paolo is basically the production version.

Even when the car has been based strongly on Cobra Buggy, there is lots of things that lead you to think that Serpent got very serious on GT. Shocks are super big bore and specially sized for the Cobra GT, shock towers are strong and should receive a bomb hit to break them, transmission is super smooth and FDR is specially for the GT (they used the Cobra buggy diffs, but pinion and diff crown is special for the GT), etc.

This car will be a real contender and in the right hands, a sure winner.

As engine is limited to USD$ 280 for the race, Paolo used Novarossi .28 Rally engine wich is about USD$ 275, very strong engine, awesome low end and great high end for GT cars.

Im finishing A-Main video !!
Old 03-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Attention GT racers attending our 3rd Annual Ipanema Sports GT World Championships event:

We look forward to having another great GT Only car race.

Please double check all of our GT class rules, so that everyone is on the same page.
The Barceloneta track picture below is linked to our GT rules page.

Thank you all very much and best of luck to each of you!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default HI EVERYBODY

GREETINGS TO ALL, I WAS ON THE TRACK LAST SATURDAY WE ARE READY NOW LET THE BATTLE FRIENDS.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hello Guys, i'm back from Peru after a great weekend of racing.

This was my first time ever with a GT class car and i have to say that i had a lot of fun. Being used to drive other onroad classes, i was expecting a slow boring car, but actually i was very surprised by the traction, acceleration and agility of my Serpent Cobra GT.

I really had very little time to spend on setup improvement, since i was racing also another class. My car was really good and easy to drive from the get go my Novarossi Basic 21-7 Rally was rally good on power and reliability.

Regarding the race, this is the way it went for me.
The organizers had a Off Road type program, with qualys to seed semifinals but nobody going direct to the final. After the qualys i was in TQ, with 2 laps advantage over Pato, in 10 minutes qualifier.

In my semi, i start from the pole and i was able to get a comfortable lead when a tire came off. I was able to come back and finish 4th, which at the end was good enough to put my 6th in the grid of the Grand Final.

In the Final, i manage to gain positions and after a few laps battle with Pato, i was able to pass him to get the lead and start building some cushion when again a wheel came off. I lost around 7 laps in the process of fixing and come back out. At the end of the race i finish 2nd, 3 laps behind Pato. It was a shame but still a good result for the Cobra GT . Congrats to Pato for his victory.

All in all was a great experience. I really enjoy driving the Cobra GT and i am looking forward for my next event.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

I forgot, here are some pics from the event:

Old 03-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Car looks great Paolo. That's a nice track!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Cars? What cars?.. Nice girls..

That Serpent is nice though..
Old 03-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Cars? What cars?.. Nice girls..

That Serpent is nice though..
I am with you on that one!! With trophy/track girls like that, forget the cars!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Paolo M, in my Inferno I use these type of wheel lock nuts in order to not to ruin my race day, the same has happened to me, too, with regular wheel nuts

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...mm-Wheel-Nut-4
Old 03-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

are you guys racing in the worlds?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR
Paolo M, in my Inferno I use these type of wheel lock nuts in order to not to ruin my race day, the same has happened to me, too, with regular wheel nuts

These are good too Mika,

They are serrated to like the ones you posted and also protect the threads on the hubs.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR

As far as i know, Cobra GT car was using very nice/good serrated like wheel nuts ...

The car was very fast ... im seriously considering jump ship on this ...

regards,
Old 03-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Ok then, it must something else. Sounds like a fast car & driver, too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.