Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Mhhhhh ... i can be wrong but under my experience, if the guys are using "the louder pipes available" even with INS boxes the benefit will not be there, is the combination of EFRA/IFMAR pipes + INS's in Europe that do the job.

Anyway ... those videos have AMAZING SOUND hehehehe ...

cya !

Pato
Pato,

Have you ever replaced the factory stock air cleaner/filter from a real 1:1 car with a free flowing aftermarket unit? Did you hear a difference in the exhaust tone on your car?

This is not any different with our toy cars. The INS Box will reduce the intake sound and help to reduce the overall exhaust note of the car. Physics is Physics, it can’t be intelligently argued against.

Any slight reduction in overall noise levels of the “GT Open” class might be a good thing for this specific race we’re talking about; for the reasons I’ve stated before about the event location and the audio dynamics of the facility in question.

So please Pato, try to understand that we’re only talking about maybe using the INS in the “GT Open Class” at the Ipanema US GT event at this specific venue only.

The other alternative is putting restrictions on actual exhausts like ROAR, EFRA or IFMAR does and I personally don’t like that type of philosophy for our US GT racing event, ok.

Thanks for your input, experience and understanding of North American style of GT racing.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know you are talking about Jeff no problem ... i was just pointing out my personal perspective.

I do race offroad more than onroad and downhere we race under IFMAR rulebook (FAMAR BLOCK) so im in the loop on sanctioned pipes and in onroad with INS BOXES and stuff ... is just that for a hell of a fun class as GT, i would not even think on adding those restrictions. I dont know if my pipes are not so loud, but already tested INS on my GT and i cant see much difference in sound, 1:1 carb throats are way different in sound v/s rc ones,

regards

Pato

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Pato,

Have you ever replaced the factory stock air cleaner/filter from a real 1:1 car with a free flowing aftermarket unit? Did you hear a difference in the exhaust tone on your car?

This is not any different with our toy cars. The INS Box will reduce the intake sound and help to reduce the overall exhaust note of the car. Physics is Physics, it can’t be intelligently argued against.

Any slight reduction in overall noise levels of the “GT Open” class might be a good thing for this specific race we’re talking about; for the reasons I’ve stated before about the event location and the audio dynamics of the facility in question.

So please Pato, try to understand that we’re only talking about maybe using the INS in the “GT Open Class” at the Ipanema US GT event at this specific venue only.

The other alternative is putting restrictions on actual exhausts like ROAR, EFRA or IFMAR does and I personally don’t like that type of philosophy for our US GT racing event, ok.

Thanks for your input, experience and understanding of North American style of GT racing.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whipnet
GO BRUSHLESS!! (Sorry, had to)

I know maybe someday soon. They are awesome.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
That looks like the Ofna cleaner, and yes we have been using those.
This is the exeed lighter/shorter version. wondering if it has an offset to avoid the hsn.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
I know maybe someday soon. They are awesome.

You know I am just ribbing. Nitro will always hold the cool crown.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Electric is for 1/10 touring cars
Old 04-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default After a little observation

after thought of hearing about the boxes, i came up with 2 observations id like to share?

<1> Ins boxes in 1/8 onroad, the motors are sticking thru body therefore, the motor gets ampule amounts of air flow, inside the body when i put on a ins box, didnt look to promising,as in 1/8 onroad AND touring the motors are configured differently,sideways so the air can direct right ontop motor head and the ins box is next to it, NOT in front blocking air passage. but with the gt, the air filters are head on with any possible air flow.I think it might cause alot of grief w/overheating issues!

<2> dont you think the large bodies of the gt class by itself work as a ins box? if u think about it, the motor is "buried" in there, and the body is doing same purpose, im just more concerned with not getting proper airflow over head of motor, ESPECIALLY the guys <like me> who run .21 on road motors with the small heads...

i will take a pic tomorrow and show you what i mean if anyone doesn't understand with what im saying here.

food for thought
Old 04-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi
1:1 carb throats are way different in sound v/s rc ones,

Pato
Pato,

The Venturi effect is the reduction in fluid pressure that results when a fluid flows through a constricted section of pipe. The Venturi effect is named after Giovanni Battista Venturi (1746–1822), an Italian physicist. Carbs work because of his understanding of physics and his genius.

At the core of all carbs, they are all the same and react the same regardless of their size. It doesn’t matter if it’s a lawn mower, a 454ci Chevy or a .21 Sirio nitro engine; if they have a carb, they have venturi and all of them are governed by his proven & undisputable facts of physics.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-venturi.gif  
Old 04-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
after thought of hearing about the boxes, i came up with 2 observations id like to share?

<1> Ins boxes in 1/8 onroad, the motors are sticking thru body therefore, the motor gets ampule amounts of air flow, inside the body when i put on a ins box, didnt look to promising,as in 1/8 onroad AND touring the motors are configured differently,sideways so the air can direct right ontop motor head and the ins box is next to it, NOT in front blocking air passage. but with the gt, the air filters are head on with any possible air flow.I think it might cause alot of grief w/overheating issues!

<2> dont you think the large bodies of the gt class by itself work as a ins box? if u think about it, the motor is "buried" in there, and the body is doing same purpose, im just more concerned with not getting proper airflow over head of motor, ESPECIALLY the guys <like me> who run .21 on road motors with the small heads...

i will take a pic tomorrow and show you what i mean if anyone doesn't understand with what im saying here.

food for thought
Tommy,

Now that makes 100% sense.
Nevermind the INS, didn't think about the reduction in air flow to the head fins.

Bring on the noise!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

LOL, just a observation i just made....glad i could help
Old 04-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

LOL, just a observation i just made....glad i could help
Hey, you can argue a lot of things, but you can't argue physics, thanks bro!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

food for thought
Air flow is not a problem considering your cutting away above the engine, windshield and side window for fuel. Although I understand where your coming from.
Sedans run with them without any problems and those bodies leave hardly any room to breathe. Me personally I will always run one.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

I think Tonny has a valid point because even most 200mm cars have engines mounted sideways and the INS would be on the side of the cooling head. In a GT car the INS would be in front blocking the air flow to the head.

The only way it could work would be if the INS were set up like an off-road air filter with a plastic or rubber extender to move it out of the way; maybe.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

yes, like stated above, the sedans have a sideways configured motor, i will take a pic of my novarossi on road .21 motor AND ins box, front view, and post, theres simply No way it can work....unless like jspeed staed a offset boot to move box away, those boxes are as big as the .21 on road heads...LOL....

if it really is a issue, u can rule out noisy 2 chamber peipes, like the 86, and make all motors .21...thats should do it, between the body muffling<like a ins box> and running the quieter pipes, like a novarossi 2052<sausage pipe> i have one, its going be a quiet killer.....theres ways around, i think just starting w/keeping the class to .21's is a start, if it were to become a problem, than we can move into approved pipes if need be...my $.02

p.s. its Tommy :^)
Old 04-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jspeed
I think Tonny has a valid point because even most 200mm cars have engines mounted sideways and the INS would be on the side of the cooling head. In a GT car the INS would be in front blocking the air flow to the head.

The only way it could work would be if the INS were set up like an off-road air filter with a plastic or rubber extender to move it out of the way; maybe.
I've seen people run them with an elbow. I'm not disagreeing I just think it's not going to be like a Sauna in there

For those looking for an affordable engine, pipe, mani combo. Brand new. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...rt-engine.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.