GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

I believe GT cars and racing have experienced rapid growth and international popularity for many reasons. The following are my personal observations of the three main core groups of GT car racing enthusiasts:

1. GT racing has grown with the help of many “Spec”, “Open” and “Electric” GT car owners/racers that enjoy their cars around the world right now.

2. These three GT Groups are the real reason GT car racing exists today.

3. “Spec” class GT racing needs to preserve its obvious concept of economics through uniformity.

4. “Open” class GT racing needs to maintain its ability to promote freedom of innovations and increased performance.

5. “Electric” class GT racing needs to be encouraged and given every opportunity to attract people who wish to peruse an alternative option to nitro fuel engine powered cars.

Each of the three types of GT class car owner/racers share the same amount of passion for GT racing as the next. None of them should be denied the enjoyment that our hobby/sport offers the other during GT racing events.

See ya at the races!

Last edited by Jspeed; 11-07-2010 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Make things right!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GT Speed Freak

Answers to you questions.

Attached is the shore selection chart for the Alpha tires.

The tires are only offered premounted on alpha rims

The wing, hardware, stickers, and masking is included in the Alpha body.
Thanks.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by romuald31
Hello from France,

we just started the Rally Game season last WE.
It consist in 6 races throw the winter months....

Fo equity, we provide to all drivers the same tyres in hard conpound, so you can have a great car whit a great engine you won't go faster bescause of the grip...

This new season saw the arrival of belt rally game chassis, and because these chassis are faster by 1second than drive shaft chassis we decided to change the rules for belts. They must run 4 doors body or realistic bodiy (Audi A4, Ford Focus, Mercedes, Fiat 500...) and with that, lap times are equal..

Everybody is happy, from the old off road chassis modified to the topclass level belt chassis....

Wht I want to say is, if you allow specialized bodies with high grip tyres, you will disserve the nice new category.
In Itally, evererything is possible and that's why rally game is dying!!
Too much money to have "The Car"...
If you want a speed car go to MRX5...
If you want fun, go to Rally Game cars but, you have to try to stop the development if you want a fun category..

Au revoir.
Do you guys have any pics/videos of your rally race? We are starting a 1/8th Rally class here in New Jersey (USA) in 2011, and want as much info as possible about what others are doing....

Our series will be in conjunction with the full scale Rallycross events at New Jersey Motorsport Park.

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/

Anyone else with any links will be appreciated....
Old 11-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Do you guys have any pics/videos of your rally race? We are starting a 1/8th Rally class here in New Jersey (USA) in 2011, and want as much info as possible about what others are doing....

Our series will be in conjunction with the full scale Rallycross events at New Jersey Motorsport Park.

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/

Anyone else with any links will be appreciated....
Ray,

What the Europeans consider Rally Game is what we consider as 1/8 GT, they are the same. I know it sounds like they are running offroad, but they are not.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Yes, and at them same time we wonder why the name "Rally Game" because there are less "Rally" bodies, most of them are GT's and street cars
Well anyhow it should be quite close.

Here's my Italian style (Rally Game) Lambo with cheap chinese tires (they look cool ;-) and are prolly ok for the parking lot nearby). The engine is a $300-400 Sirio STi Rally (RR) .21 but that's only because the car itself has only single speed (no tranny). So the engine must be able to keep revving high on the main straight in case I take her on the track for a cruise.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Sweet body, who makes it?
Old 11-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Thanks. BYSM, Italy (www.bysm.it). rather inexpensive, too
Old 11-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I Also purchased one of the lambos. I got it from www.rcmodelstore.com the body itself isn't to bad, but the shipping from Italy is pretty high, but I had the bodies I ordered in less than a week.

Great quality on those bodies as well. they are 1.5mm thick and very durable.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

MikaR- are u testing out single speed tranny rule you disagreed with couple months ago? LOL im just poking at ya

im just an outsider looking in but sounds like spec could use a single speed tranny rule - i know what some of you are thinking, but the dirt oval guys get their motors to last w/ center spools and toped out rpms
Old 11-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Ray,

What the Europeans consider Rally Game is what we consider as 1/8 GT, they are the same. I know it sounds like they are running offroad, but they are not.
Ahhh, learn something new everyday....LOL

I did find some good youtube videos of 1/8th Rally, so we're on our way....
Old 11-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mika, your cars always look so good. We may have to come over there and smack you.JK. A single speed in spec class might really be cool, but all the Kyosho cars and Ofna already have the two speeds. Did you put the two speed in your BMT? I'm getting closer with mine. The setup is getting better and I'm trying to get it where it will outrun my GT. I hope the BYSM bodies will be legal anywhere. They are great handling and durable.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Ray,

That’s not exactly 100% accurate.

American style GT racing currently has two distinct classes, “Spec” and “Open”, where as “Rally Game” is a single “Open” class with no “Spec” class.

There are also more differences than that, so yes they're close, but no they're not the same as "American Style GT" racing.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jspeed
That’s not exactly 100% accurate.

American style GT racing currently has two distinct classes, “Spec” and “Open”, where as “Rally Game” is a single “Open” class with no “Spec” class.

There are also more differences than that, so yes they're close, but no they're not the same as "American Style GT" racing.

He thought they where running in dirt like real rally racing, so in that aspect, yes, I am 100% correct, we both run on paved surfaces.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

I understand now, about the dirt racing & asphalt topic you mention.

I was talking about how typically “Rally Game” and our American GT racing are different, in that we have Nitro “GT Spec” & “GT Open” classes; European GT/Rally Game doesn’t have both classes for nitro cars.

There’s also some other differences too, for the most part an American GT “Open” car would be considered illegal in “Rally Game”, but a “Rally Game” car could be run in our American style GT Open class events.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Mika, your cars always look so good. We may have to come over there and smack you.JK. A single speed in spec class might really be cool, but all the Kyosho cars and Ofna already have the two speeds. Did you put the two speed in your BMT? I'm getting closer with mine. The setup is getting better and I'm trying to get it where it will outrun my GT. I hope the BYSM bodies will be legal anywhere. They are great handling and durable.
Hehe.. thanks Spooky. It's ok considering no air brushes at my shop. I think it's better live, those photos aren't that good.

Did I disagree the 1-speed rule? I hope not. I'm just saying that this does not have a tranny, 1-speed only. I wish it had, because it's good for the larger tracks like everyone knows. I think it's a necessity in the US since your tracks seem large.

Spooky, I haven't been able to install a tranny for this car; in fact I could fit a tranny but there's no space for the brake then, unless I move the motor sideways (which requires modding the chassis). Or put the brake on the other side. It's doable but not straightforward, so far I've kept the car as is. I want to test it on track this way first (next spring).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.