Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
Jspeed, I plan on heading down to the Tampa area this winter. The parents have a house down there. I guess I'll get a GT or that Ofna 1/8 and hang with you guys. Which one is the better fo the two?
Tampa is nice in the winter.

My Kyosho Inferno GT cars are on order, we can have one waiting for you at the track. Let me know the one you want.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The only part of the rules that I have to question is the cooling holes for the front and rear windshields for the body. As stated, the front hole bigger than the rear hole?!? Also, why the limitation on hole for the rear windshield? There isn't a limitation for 200mm/former 235mm sedan so why for the IGT class? RC Pro (Carlton) needs to revisit and rethink this rule.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default RC Pro GT Rule Change

Originally Posted by JLock
The only part of the rules that I have to question is the cooling holes for the front and rear windshields for the body. As stated, the front hole bigger than the rear hole?!? Also, why the limitation on hole for the rear windshield? There isn't a limitation for 200mm/former 235mm sedan so why for the IGT class? RC Pro (Carlton) needs to revisit and rethink this rule.
Talked to Carlton.

Rule change:

Read windows may be cut out in all RC Pro Series GT classes.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Talked to Carlton.

Rule change:

Read windows may be cut out in all RC Pro Series GT classes.
Cool deal!! Thanks for the update Jspeed.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

[QUOTE=JLock;3865779] Also, why the limitation on hole for the rear windshield? There isn't a limitation for 200mm/former 235mm sedan so why for the IGT class? QUOTE]

I asked the question twice and got no response.. you only had to ask once... I'm impressed.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Wink

[QUOTE=Zootcapri;3866604]
Also, why the limitation on hole for the rear windshield? There isn't a limitation for 200mm/former 235mm sedan so why for the IGT class? QUOTE]

I asked the question twice and got no response.. you only had to ask once... I'm impressed.

.......and he got the rule changed. Guess leaky diffs, 4 Tracs, and zootcapris just dont rate.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Wish I could have gotten the answer faster but with the 2007 RC Pro Series International Off Road Championships and the construction of 2 new tracks, sometimes it is hard to talk to the Boss about everything.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Zootcapri;3866604]
Also, why the limitation on hole for the rear windshield? There isn't a limitation for 200mm/former 235mm sedan so why for the IGT class? QUOTE]

I did not know that I had it like that either.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=JVStrat;3866814]
Originally Posted by Zootcapri

.......and he got the rule changed. Guess leaky diffs, 4 Tracs, and zootcapris just dont rate.
I don't know about that!! I do know Carlton personally and have talked to him extensively in the past. However, I think you need to thank Jspeed for this one.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

I don't know about that!! I do know Carlton personally and have talked to him extensively in the past. However, I think you need to thank Jspeed for this one.
Thanks, I do what I can.

BTW,

SS Speedway & RC Pro Series presents our First Annual “Kyosho Nitrofest” in sunny and warm Tampa Florida this December 1-2 on a brand new 200’x100’ asphalt surface.

The track is 5 mins. From Tampa International Airport and there is a “Courtyard Marriot” directly across the street from the track.

Just fly in to Tampa, the “Courtyard Marriot Shuttle” will pick you up, take you to your suite, walk across the street and enjoy the event.

There are many restaurants, clubs and shopping within easy walking distance from the track, so there’s no need to rent a car because it is located in the heart of the City of Tampa; not in the “boonies”.

This race will feature classes for:

Kyosho Inferno GT cars
1/8 Scale Open
200mm Nitro Sedan

The Kyosho Nitrofest will be hot fun in the warm Florida sun!
Old 11-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Here is a picture of the new track surface taken 2 weeks ago.

The construction continues so I’ll post the complete track pictures soon. Just thought you might appreciate a view of the location.

This will be a Kyosho Inferno GT friendly racing facility

The Kyosho Nitrofest will be hot fun in the warm Tampa Florida sun!
Old 11-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up I like it......

I like the idea of these classes because you do not have to run on a perfect surface to race. Our LHS in Plano, TX is concrete. It has expansion joints in its surface and the 1/10 cars have a hard time. These cars just zip around and keep rocking. There are quite a few 1/8 buggies out here that do not like going off road. Maybe they will all come and race on road. That is a lot of folks!
Very cool in my book!
TEX
Old 11-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

JSpeed, where in Tampa is this track? How far is it form Zypher Hills Fla?
Old 11-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Jspeed,

Could you answer a few things for me. What was the existing surface underneath you current asphalt lay? What type of asphalt was used in you new surface? How thick was the asphalt that was layed (1in, 2in, 3in thick, etc)? How much did it cost you (the entire job of asphalt, haul, prep, and lay)? Who laid the asphalt for you (an APAC division, private contractor, etc)?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Juan

If I remember correctly the lot was asphalt to start with but I can't answer the rest. I was told it cost about 13G to resurface.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.